THIS IS NOT MANLY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are a mentally weak team and throw in the towel with a whimper as soon as the going get's tough. We need Ivan Cleary now.
I agree partially on what you say. The toughness is not there. I think Barrett deserves more time. There has to be a big improvement now. Too many guys out of form and injuries to key guys. We have been badly exposed by the quality teams. Discipline is the barometer and we are way down. Time for the team to play together.

Bottom line is we needed change. Tooves is a club legend and a great bloke, but last season we were so far behind the times in terms of attacking & defensive structure and almost devoid of game plans. Those looking back with rose coloured glasses are kidding themselves, we needed change, that much I am certain of.

What we should not have changed to is a rookie coach with no Manly connection. I was initially quite optimistic, and I still think the roster is a strong one, but from the start of the season it was so so obvious that Barrett was out of his depth that I started raising alarm bells then and will continue to do so. We will drift like this while ever he remains the coach.

We are a mentally weak team and throw in the towel with a whimper as soon as the going get's tough. We need Ivan Cleary now
What? The Dogs got off to a flier and then we rallied, ditto Souths, ditto cows, maybe other games too.
Our problem is that we've been getting behind, not that we give up.
Which game do you say they threw in the towel?

What? The Dogs got off to a flier and then we rallied, ditto Souths, ditto cows, maybe other games too.
Got to agree with this....early intensity is off the pace.
This combined with lack of sting in defence, which comes back to line speed & contact, where only Jake can stand tall.
The attack is simple...& predictable.
This works for Brisbane who do it at a far faster tempo with the bonus of consistent offloads from Parker, Gillett & Thaiday, then have the X factor in Milford to make something from nothing....we don't.
The team is trying, just lacking ideas, cohesion & had a disruptive injury toll in key positions.

Im disappointed with Hoss Cartwright, he wasbuilt up as a great man manager with recent grand final experience under his belt. Watching the team they appear not to be happy and the effort is down generally. As mentioned in this thread as soon as we are down we give up.
Im disappointed in Seabold, he is meant to be the defensive mastermind and we leak points way too easily for big periods. We have some minor defensive improvments but not much different from last yer.
Im disappointed with Barrett, this topic has been done to death.
I tell myself to be optimistic for 2017, but right now im not looking forward to it.
From what I see we are not down in effort . We are down in execution in both attack and defence
The club can talk about all the 5 day turn arounds and some injuries but at the end of the day good coaching staff offer solutions (Results !!!) and not excuses and the buck stops with these ordinary three stooges Hoss Seabol and Bazz
I am a financial member of this club and we have been told this is a Results Driven Business and after 10 rounds I am not happy with the sht we are producing with a team of top 8 quality players . For example we have a Porsche centre in Dylan Walker who is kept parked in the garage at 5/8 . What a bloody waste .
Healthywealthy.jpg

Nathan brown and trent Barrett. Both ex dragons players and both **** coaches

A repeat of the graham lowe coaching era at manly

You must be young coz the winning culture was installed way before Hassler became coach. The 70's is when it all started when it was our most successful decade. Hassler just bought into it along with Cliffy, Tooves, Beaver etc. Now they don't care about culture as it comes a distant 2nd behind the almighty $.
Did it matter when/where the culture surged, considering what I was addressing?

It is clear that as a club, we no longer have the culture anchor points that players can buy into upon their arrival. The ruthless discard of Toovey was the final nail in that, and it feels like we're just another Parra, Easts or Dogs looking for a quick result instead of looking at the patience that led to past successes.

Really disappointed for the team, injuries, 5 day turnarounds and Barretts stupid coaching plan of walker at 5/8 has killed us. Walker has shown he is a world class centre and will not be becoming a 5/8. We need a to move Lyon to 5/8 ASAP! Lyon is getting beaten by forwards now which is not a good sign glad he has retired because another year would have killed us. Our recruits have been wasted in poor positional changes. Scott penn is a better option at 5/8 than walker he makes the attack clunky and can't handle big boppers in defence. Taupau is suffering from lack of quality ball from walker. But it was a nice kick from walker to set Marty up. Other than that Taupau barley saw anything from walker. We need a whole team reshuffle if we are to turnaround the team form, we face Sharks which we won't be winning, then raiders and panthers which i suspect we will lose also. Solve the issues we have know by moving Lyon to 5/8, walker back to centre. Lussick should start at prop vave was wasted tonight starting, he is an impact player.

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Lyon
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Lussick
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Symonds/Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence
17.Vave

As for manly going forward next year is crucial. We have to sign a 5/8, centre, winger and a go to man in the back row for DCE who would love some one he can throw a short ball to or to cover him in defence. Re signings are also crucial, Tafua, Lawrence, Vave, Fonua-Blake are must re signings. Another player clean out gets us nowhere for the future. As for Skivvi and Snake, their days are numbered. I expect both to retire after great career at manly or to head over to Catalans with gifty. 2016 IMO is all but gone we won't be winning our next 3 games and unfortunately I can't see it turning around but I hope I'm wrong.

2017 team if I was in charge of recruiting.

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.O'Neill
5.Mansour
6.Norman
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Knight
9.Parcell
10.Myles(vc)
11.Sims
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Brown
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Lawrence
17.Vave

18.Meehan
19.Wright

Drop Myles for Fonua Blake, and Taupau for Buhrer. Remove O'Neill, Norman, Sims and Mansour altogether. Cherry-Evans should certainly not be captain until he demonstrates character and integrity moving forward. Willis Meehan is a sound gamble and if the club goes recruiting, the 2 names they would be wise to consider are Blake Green and Reagan Campbell-Gillard. They should focus their energies on developing younger players such as Liam Knight, Jesse Ramien and Nicho Hynes to name a few.

Is this the case or did the other team take their foot off the pedal? I will give them the benefit of the doubt against Souths only. The Dogs and the Cows definitely pulled up a long way from home, almost like Usain Bolt in an Olympic heat.

Being mentally weak doesn't mean throwing in the towel.

We are a mentally weak team and throw in the towel with a whimper as soon as the going get's tough. We need Ivan Cleary now.
Being mentally weak doesn't mean throwing in the towel.
No, but throwing in the towel means throwing in the towel, and that is what you said.
Your views might have a bit more credibility if your anti-Barrett agenda was not so over the top.

No, but throwing in the towel means throwing in the towel, and that is what you said.
Your views might have a bit more credibility if your anti-Barrett agenda was not so over the top.
A poor choice of words, we are mentally weak because we have periods of the game where we just switch off instead of fighting. For example, last weekend the donkeys scored their first try and everyone stood around looking at each other for so long they scored again within minutes. That is a mentally weak team.

I
I'm not sure I've ver seen the towel out there to throw in this season?

I

I'm not sure I've ver seen the towel out there to throw in this season?
We should bring back the magic sponge. Wipe it over Turbo's ankle & snakes knees & they'd be running around like they were never injured...
Splash it over matai's shoulder & all would be good...

A poor choice of words, we are mentally weak because we have periods of the game where we just switch off instead of fighting. For example, last weekend the donkeys scored their first try and everyone stood around looking at each other for so long they scored again within minutes. That is a mentally weak team.
Saying we throw in the towel was a poor choice of words, but credit for admitting it.
Is this a mentally weak team? Well maybe but I would say the operative word is 'team'.
I agree they haven't become a cohesive team yet.
They are getting there, it's painfully slow, but don't you think the new players, new spine, not to mention weekly changes to the new spine, have slowed down this process?
It was never going to happen overnight but I still think it will happen, merely my opinion of course.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8