1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking.left of centre

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by double hoops, Nov 1, 2014.

1. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 113
    We all have a few.ideas.from time to time on what toov's could.try. I love the little bloke being the coach, perhaps warming to an experienced assistant, but he is the leader. If I could send him a message I'd say "experiment a bit more." You never know who gets injured or rubbed out for the Gf. There is a time to build combination, but just as important is building depth. Depth of players and also depth with players playing in different positions. Don't waste the last interchange. So what crazy suggestion do you have?

Jorge Taufua for mine I want to see him in the centres. We do look a bit light there and if he's in reserves or Lyon or Matai get hurt. I'd love to see if Jorge can make Hurrell look like an amateur. His issue is catching and not watching the ball. With ball in hand he is damaging. He would need to learn to defend. Hurrell still learning that too.

Jamil Hopoate. I've only.seen him play lock. But let's face it he is a little mongrel. His nimbleness and ball playing could be great coming off the bench. He needs to add hooker to his repitoir. Not sure if we still haveMasada Ioseph but if not, Hoppa needs to be.the.second hooker or half to develop him into a genuine utility off the bench.

• Like Like x 1
  2. southsideeagle

southsideeagle Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +407 / 9
    Jamil is a player that we will hate to love but do so any way. At a guess more father influence then mother influence (reverse to Will). He has to be there somewhere. Makes a good centre.

3. faithful

faithful Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 7
    Jamil is a choc clone he is not a centre nuggerty grinding back rower in the making.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    Agree faithful. He has the same low centre of gravity, line breaking ability as a young choc.
    Hope he and Jake T are given a good go in 2015

5. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    I find. it hard to.read. your sentences. with random. full.s.t.o.p.s in them!

:)

wtf

• Like Like x 2
  6. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    I dress left of centre:)

7. anthonyb1965

anthonyb1965 GO Manly Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +504 / 15
    + 1

8. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    At a guess it is finger trouble whilst typing on the mobile that is causing the random fullstops. I've had it happen to me a fair bit myself whilst typing text messages. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,078 / 26
    I thought this thread was about a new left winger.

He'd be left of the centre.

• Like Like x 2
  10. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,586 / 63
    Premature fullstopulation..

• Like Like x 2
  11. globaleagle

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    Better than premature periodation, I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    I try not to text during foreplay. The Mrs gets annoyed.
    [hr]
    Bloody hell!

• Like Like x 1
  13. double hoops

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 113
    @Jethro is a very very wise man. Sorry folks feature on the Sony experia. that.iPhone.just doesn't.have. ;-) be kind.

14. globaleagle

Ratings:
    +7,780 / 58
    Jethro wise? Now I know you're drunk! (lol)

No apologies necessary, I was just worried you were having a heart attack!!

15. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,631 / 74
    Hoppa is our next great running forward, he's no hooker. Hodges is the goods there

• Like Like x 1
  16. double hoops

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 113
    Today, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: Today 10:52 AM by flying sea eagle .)

Lawrence (some on here have criticised the idea of Brenton playing in the back row, but I'm suggesting him as a middle forward playing slightly bigger minutes than he did at lock, I think the freedom that could be afforded to him in this position could see him lift his work rate even higher, he has a huge motor and would be able to use it even more at lock)

@flying sea eagle now that is a little left of centre. Interesting idea.

17. double hoops

Ratings:
    +2,621 / 113
    @Shoe1 Agree Jamils best position currently is back row. I am not suggesting Hoppa is currently is a better back up Hooker then Hodges. Toov's seems unwilling to put a full time hooker on the bench. Horo certainly needs more practice if he is an option. With Jamil playing in the reggies, I am suggesting he be developed into a genuine utility, with his aggressive nasty streak i rate the little fellow. Then I reckon if he can play a number of spots he becomes a real contender for a spot on the bench.

Lets not forget Ferris has just had his second knee reconstruction. He may take half a season before he is back at his brilliant best.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,565 / 45
    @Shoe1 I agree too. lol

• Like Like x 1