Things i dont want to hear in 2022.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be fair they didn't allow him to play so it should count.

Otherwise let him play and dont count it.

Can't have your cake and eat it too

So now what they are saying is that if you're an Indigenous Australian or Maori, that game can be used to take one off your suspension?? And what about those not eligible for that game. How is that fair???

Same as last year when Fittler said that he might have picked Victor Radley for Origin so he got to take that off his suspension (conveniently a Roosters player, right Freddie??). Is it fair that some get to do that while others never will??

Non NRL competition club games should NOT count towards an NRL imposed suspension. Rep games, trial games, others like the Charity Shield ... none should ever count to a suspension. But, players should not be able to play those if suspended.

So now what they are saying is that if you're an Indigenous Australian or Maori, that game can be used to take one off your suspension?? And what about those not eligible for that game. How is that fair???

Same as last year when Fittler said that he might have picked Victor Radley for Origin so he got to take that off his suspension (conveniently a Roosters player, right Freddie??). Is it fair that some get to do that while others never will??

Non NRL competition club games should NOT count towards an NRL imposed suspension. Rep games, trial games, others like the Charity Shield ... none should ever count to a suspension. But, players should not be able to play those if suspended.
So if Tom got a 1 game suspension before Origin he should not be allowed to play Origin then have his suspension count towards Manly.

So he'd miss multiple games for possibly a minor indiscretion..

Sorry can diagree more.

For mine its pretty simple. If a player is made sit out a game then it counts to their suspension.

Latrell would have played in the All Stars game and was forced to sit out so count it. Radley was to be in for Origin so count it. You can't double punish players.

That said.....the All Stars game is an exhibition and my view is Latrell should have been able to play then his suspension resumes in NRL games.

Same with trials

So if Tom got a 1 game suspension before Origin he should not be allowed to play Origin then have his suspension count towards Manly.

So he'd miss multiple games for possibly a minor indiscretion..

Sorry can diagree more.

For mine its pretty simple. If a player is made sit out a game then it counts to their suspension.

Latrell would have played in the All Stars game and was forced to sit out so count it. Radley was to be in for Origin so count it. You can't double punish players.

That said.....the All Stars game is an exhibition and my view is Latrell should have been able to play then his suspension resumes in NRL games.

Same with trials

And say someone like Brad Parker gets suspended in the same game as Turbo before Origin. He is never going to play for NSW so he doesn't get to take off a game because of that.

Is that fair??

Say they get the same suspension (say, 3 games). Turbo can then use an Origin and be back a week earlier, but Parker can't. Again, is that fair?

After 6 - 7 weeks with Illawarra in top 4 on the ladder....
Commentary - "The Dragons are serious contenders this year, really gone up to another level"
Forgetting this has been the same story the past 5 years, where they start strong and end up in a battle for the wooden spoon....

And say someone like Brad Parker gets suspended in the same game as Turbo before Origin. He is never going to play for NSW so he doesn't get to take off a game because of that.

Is that fair??

Say they get the same suspension (say, 3 games). Turbo can then use an Origin and be back a week earlier, but Parker can't. Again, is that fair?
Yes IMO that is fair.

On the flip side if Parker and Turbo did the exact same indiscretion Turbo would miss more games then Parker as he would miss Origin and club games.

As I said I think its simple, if you are forced to sit a game you would have otherwise played then count it.

But I agree that All Stars and trials shouldn't count moving foward and Latrell should have been able to play All Stars this year

Yes IMO that is fair.

On the flip side if Parker and Turbo did the exact same indiscretion Turbo would miss more games then Parker as he would miss Origin and club games.

As I said I think its simple, if you are forced to sit a game you would have otherwise played then count it.

But I agree that All Stars and trials shouldn't count moving foward and Latrell should have been able to play All Stars this year
I agree with your reasoning but I don't agree the all Star game is an exhibition, it's a rep game and pretty clear the players treat it as such.

Just as fair as, for example, for English players if there was an Australia v New Zealand or Tonga test match.

I agree with your reasoning but I don't agree the all Star game is an exhibition, it's a rep game and pretty clear the players treat it as such.

I think its a game of cultural importance and I'd prefer suspension not count for it to allow the best representation of players available

Yes it is a game with cultural importance but aren't all rep games?
Anyway I agree it would be better if the best players were available and it seems some clubs have pressured some players to withdraw which is a shame.
Tonga is a good example, since top players started making themselves available for Tonga their test matches are suddenly box office hits.

Controversial one here but from Silvertails when any media personality says anything about us that is even the slightest criticism.

"bias against Manly"
"Manly vendetta"
"They have it out for us"

This Mitchell call may be fair based on the system, but I reckon whatever suspension you get should be served in NRL games ONLY,
Test matches, SOO, trials or whatever - they can still play, but does NOT come off the time given by the judiciary.

Players contradicting themselves in the same interview: Latrell today:
___
But Mitchell has vowed to keep playing the way he always had, slamming the NRL for its stance on aggression, likening the league to Oztag.

“I don’t think I need to (change the way I play), I think the game needs to change,” he told Channel 9.

When asked if big hits and aggression had gone out of the game, Mitchell responded: “I don’t know, we may as well play Oztag”.

“At the end of the day, it’s a game and we have to protect our players.

This Mitchell call may be fair based on the system, but I reckon whatever suspension you get should be served in NRL games ONLY,
Test matches, SOO, trials or whatever - they can still play, but does NOT come off the time given by the judiciary.
Not 100% against that but what happens to a player who picks up a suspension in a SOO game?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8