These Black and white rules are still grey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not true, according to Annusly who says the Bunker has discretionary powers, and he highlighted this in a decision in the Penrith V Brisbane match. In this latter instance the Bunker used --- wait for it -- common sense to rule a try because the player interfered with (Kapow, who takes a solid knock) would not have made the covering tackle.

I'm yet to be convinced that technology, in any sport, has improved the fairness for both players and fans. What it has done is taken away the power of the referee/umpire, complicated simple rules and delayed gratification.
Does anybody enjoy the thrill of watching a try, having it awarded by the ref, and then being totally deflated when some palooka in a box takes minutes to decide if your joy was premature or not?

Have you ever seen Chris Butler use his discretion on the field reffing or in tje bunker? He certainly wasn't going to start on Sunday.

Interesting that anusly said Tommy ran through the hole that the obstruction caused.
The hole was caused by #17 who chased Brooks out of the defensive line and Tommy ran thru that hole. Nobody mentioned that.

Apologies for the double post, but perhaps this post is more relevant in this thread…

Ok, now that I’ve had some time to cool my jets and reflect on the obstruction… I am actually ok with the decision (and it’s ongoing consistent interpretation).

IMO, whenever a lead runner takes out a defensive player, or stops in the defensive line, AND the player with the ball runs through that particular gap, then I agree it should be an automatic obstruction. As weak as Jake’s example was, it would still fall within this ruling (although I acknowledge there is some potential argument to say he stopped short of the line). The Panther example, which was shown by Annesley, would not qualify because the player with the ball did not run through the gap that involved the defensive player impeded.

Look, we all know that the Parra player was never going to get to Turbo. However, Jake did take the space that stopped the defensive player from moving across to attempt to defend that space. I think the concept is the right one. I could live with this rule applied consistently. As much as that non-try ruling stung. The onus would be on Jake in that situation to either pull up shorter or run through. That is something he could control, and I expect he and others will make an adjustment to ensure they never stop in the defensive line.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8