1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There is hope

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, Mar 7, 2006.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    For Manly to beat the Dragons in the Ball give us hope for the future, traditionally St George is very strong at junior level so well done to the young blokes.

Manly v St George - Harold Matthews and SG Ball Results
    4/03/2006
    By Manly Sea Eagles

SG Ball: Manly 20 - 0 St George
    John Kennedy 2, Ben Fitzsimmons, Pat North, Beau McMillan Tries.

2. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    For a dose of reality it is worth nothing that St G and Illawarra have reverted to separate under age teams after having combined teams for a few years!!!!

3. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Are you sure CW?

4. Biscuits

Biscuits Active Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Saints and Illawarra have never merged their Matthews and Ball sides.
    A young kid i coach named Chris Ayoub is in the Mathews cup side for Saints at prop. Remember that name. He works too hard, pays too much attention to coaching and is too blessed with the physical tools required not to be a sucess. Also Saints have a great track record when it comes to producing props.

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Talking to Dennis Moore last year he made comment i=on the amount of money the Dragons & parra spend on their junior sides (paying school kids) in comparison to Manly so I still think it is a good result

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Apologies for being wrong.

It normally only happens once every ten years or so and yet this week it has been twice!!! 8| 8| 8|
    :blaugh:

7. Biscuits

Biscuits Active Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I can tell you for sure that no one in Matthews cup gets anything other than their footy gear. They dont even get boots. And no players are brought in from outside the district. They are all bonafide Saints juniors. When they get to sg ball Saints are prepared to bring in country players or kids from other junior leagues that have been identified. There might be a very small retainer for these players but i dont think saints do any more than look sfter the schooling of the sg ball players. eg get them into Endevour high which is a sports targeted school and has a very strong football program.

8. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Apologies for being wrong.

It normally only happens once every ten years or so and yet this week it has been twice!!! 8| 8| 8|
    :blaugh:
    [/quote]

I knew you were wrong, but I couldn't bring myself to point it out again. :yeah: :cop:

9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Wheel is right - there is Hope but she is mine so keep your hands off.

10. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74

How many hands is she fluffy?

(doug heres looking at you kid!)