1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The video that should see Matai clear

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by WAMF, Sep 24, 2011.

1. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Fast forward to 3:55 to see the incident.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvhy4d6DtuU[/video]

Haynes was a real shocker.

2. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    I remember that knee was he suspended i can't recall.

3. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,348 / 111
    The defender (Matai)belives the winger is going to stay up so he wants to tackle him normally, then he (attacker)dives and at the last second the defender has to change the point of the tackle, He has avoided a head high tackle and has not used his feet. and at full speed this is quite an achievment. Remember this is a contact sport people.

4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    Yes, much worse than the Matai tackle. But I think it unfair to criticise any players racing across in cover, desperate, to stop a try for such collisions. When shown in normal speed most of these incidents are accidental. Their focus is stopping the ball from being placed over the try line. What do the NRL want - players not attempting to stop a try?
    However, this is a good one to show at the judiciary. If Hayne escaped suspension so too should Matai.

5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8zgpyzl1m0

I rest my case!

6. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    Hayne was found guilty of a grade 1 but got his points reduced to under 100 so he was able to play.

If charged and guilty, Matai won't get the discounts that Hayne got.

7. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    Just listening to the continuous call team on 2gb and the boys said both Metai and T Rex should be right to play next week.

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Hayne hit the bloke in the head with his knee. Matai didn't do that.

This is actually not that uncommon, it is certainly an occupational hazard for wingers diving for a corner. How many times has Robbo been hit by boots legs etc etc in scoring?

Check out Hoppa scoring his first try last night, the broncos player collects him in a very similar fashion.

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I don't think Matai has anything to worry about. It'd be a joke if he gets suspended for that level of contact.

10. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    That's good to hear - we need all the support we can get. T-rex will be charged, no doubt about that, but his clean record should mean he's right to play. If Matai's charged he's in trouble, so our best hope here is that he isn't charged at all.

11. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    Anyone remark how quickly Yow Yee recovered from the so-called swinging arm to almost score two minutes later? Do you serious think that if T-Rex had hit him intentionally he would have been able to continue playing? Nothing in that.
    The anti-Matai bias is the only concern I have that he won't get a fair hearing.
    Anyway, there may be similar reports that come from the other semi-final. It may all even out. Rugby league is all about controversy.

12. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxRGg-Fd08Q

5:24

13. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Yeah, but our guys don't stay down. They get up and play on and don't try to milk a penalty.

14. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    yeah this was the one I was looking for. The grub wasn't suspended after this one, was cleared to play by the judiciary. This knee was in the head. Matai will play.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sublime-smith-leaves-his-rivals-for-dead-20110707-1h4w9.html

15. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    I don't understand why anyone would worry about the Matai incident last. He has no case to answer in my opinion. T-Rex is the one that worries me.