The Tim Cleary Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Ryan

Journey Man
So here is his 1st real challenge (with Brett and Steve & their request for medical retirement). I'm looking forward to the outcome he can achieve (and believe given everything I've been told / read) that he in fact will.

As members and fans, let's watch on, and see the result he is able to achieve in all of this.

I bet we will all be pleasantly surprised. Other CEO's historically for us may have just rolled over. Let's see how much gumption and sway he has.

So here is his 1st real challenge (with Brett and Steve & their request for medical retirement). I'm looking forward to the outcome he can achieve (and believe given everything I've been told / read) that he in fact will.

As members and fans, let's watch on, and see the result he is able to achieve in all of this.

I bet we will all be pleasantly surprised. Other CEO's historically for us may have just rolled over. Let's see how much gumption and sway he has.

He'll only have balls if the owners are prepared to financially back him.

The precedent set by the Twatnow ruling should open this up like Pandora's box BUT not if Mr Fluffy & co stick their heads in the sand!!

If the club had half a brain they would have made them both go to training and then have them go down with injuries ala twatmough to make sure they received medical retirements

Parra are the masters of scams and we need to learn from them

121102_04.jpg
pictured here from left to right (at lottoland training last week), s matai (2), b stewart (1), j hastings (9) and tim c leary (glasses).

So, am I right in believing that the only way to get a career ending injury is to have one massive injury? It isn't career-ending if you get injuries-upon-injuries - like repeated concussions?
If this is the case then only a catastrophe such as happened to Alex McKinnon would count.
Wow.
Imagine if Inglis' sore knee gets another knock and he can't play again. Are you going to tell me that Souffs would have to forego his $1-M plus salary for the length of his contract?
Surely this lunacy wouldn't hold water in a court case.

Cleary taught at my school when I was in primary, one of my close mates who was in his class all those years ago & worked for him at Augustines said that at the school he was an excellent operator that had great respect from staff and students and was crucial at gaining funding etc for the school. My mate spoke very highly of him also said that it was Bozo who approached him to be CEO as they already knew each other. Hopefully he can do some really good things.

Cleary taught at my school when I was in primary, one of my close mates who was in his class all those years ago & worked for him at Augustines said that at the school he was an excellent operator that had great respect from staff and students and was crucial at gaining funding etc for the school. My mate spoke very highly of him also said that it was Bozo who approached him to be CEO as they already knew each other. Hopefully he can do some really good things.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good operator but he's only as good as the people who back him!!!

So, am I right in believing that the only way to get a career ending injury is to have one massive injury? It isn't career-ending if you get injuries-upon-injuries - like repeated concussions?
If this is the case then only a catastrophe such as happened to Alex McKinnon would count.
Wow.
Imagine if Inglis' sore knee gets another knock and he can't play again. Are you going to tell me that Souffs would have to forego his $1-M plus salary for the length of his contract?
Surely this lunacy wouldn't hold water in a court case.
Basics of it is this-if a club that signs/resigns a player that has a pre-existing injury then tries to retire him using said injury as an excuse/reason,they will not receive cap relief.Pretty standard practice in the insurance industry.Parra claim Watmoughs "final dagger" was a training incident with Beau Scott.And if that passes the NRL criteria,so be it.

Basics of it is this-if a club that signs/resigns a player that has a pre-existing injury then tries to retire him using said injury as an excuse/reason,they will not receive cap relief.Pretty standard practice in the insurance industry.Parra claim Watmoughs "final dagger" was a training incident with Beau Scott.And if that passes the NRL criteria,so be it.
This is not the insurance industry it's a rugby league competition where Manly is effectively two men down in their roster. Name another major sport where this would be allowed to happen.

This is not the insurance industry it's a rugby league competition where Manly is effectively two men down in their roster. Name another major sport where this would be allowed to happen.
It doesn't matter if it doesn't happen in another sport,it's the rules in League and theirs and every other insurance company.Manly signed a player that was known to be injured,insurance knew it,so they weren't going to cover his wages,standard,smart business practice(not normally associated with League)So Manly have to pay his wages as he had a contract.Its Manlys own fault they will be 2 men down.Why do you think Fulton signed so many rejects from other clubs?

If the club had half a brain they would have made them both go to training and then have them go down with injuries ala twatmough to make sure they received medical retirements

Parra are the masters of scams and we need to learn from them
They couldn't get medical clearance to allow them to train

How about Penn digs into his pockets and pays the two legends out in full immediately. Withdraw their contracts from 2017 and free up the cash now to go toward the roster moving forward. Hell maybe even use the lottoland money.
Two of our best ever players deserve more than a drawn out Whatnow like saga.

It doesn't matter if it doesn't happen in another sport,it's the rules in League and theirs and every other insurance company.Manly signed a player that was known to be injured,insurance knew it,so they weren't going to cover his wages,standard,smart business practice(not normally associated with League)So Manly have to pay his wages as he had a contract.Its Manlys own fault they will be 2 men down.Why do you think Fulton signed so many rejects from other clubs?
The problem isn't paying them out and whether insurance does, its that payment being included in the Salary cap for someone who is not able to play at all, thats it.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8