The team left broken by NRL halves transfer circus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I say yes to Hodko on a one-year deal, heavily subsidised by Knights

With Cronk and Thurston's retirement from rep footy, DCE is a big chance for SOO next year.

Hodko's experience will be useful if DCE is missing for a few games around SOO.

Last thing we want is two rookie halves durring SOO.

I'd be happy if we get 12-14 games from Hodko, with Hastings/Croker/Cullen fighting for the rest.

Barrett spoke very highly of him at the Fan Forum last week.
Yes he did and in fact it was interesting when asked that he originally only mentioned Croker and Wright as our 5/8 options but when pressed about the possibilty of Hastings as well it seemed his name was mentioned as an afterthought .. Strange ????

The more I think about it the more I hope we don't get Hodko. What can he really offer? He's got no pace, ordinary kicks in play, not the greatest defender and he's got the body of a 99 year old. He's overpriced and can't even make the run in squad for wooden spooners as @desreturnoftheking has s.

That description sounds a bit like Green? Hodkinson can kick goals also but agree he is a bit of downgrade on Maloney and Pearce.

PS Uatr couldn’t get a run at the wooden spooners as well?

Newcastle Knights halfback Trent Hodkinson in talks to join Manly

Newcastle halfback Trent Hodkinson could be on the move back to the club where his NRL career began with his management set to meet with Manly officials on Tuesday to discuss his future.

The signing of Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson and the emergence of young halves Brock Lamb and Jack Cogger at the Knights has left the former Origin playmaker well down in the halves pecking order at the club.

In contrast, Manly is without a recognised half to partner skipper Daly Cherry-Evans after the Eagles released Blake Green from the final year of his contract to join the New Zealand Warriors on a lucrative deal.

They fell short financially in their bid to lure Pearce to the northern beaches and looked at Lamb as a potential plan B but the Knights are not prepared to release the youngster from the final year of his contract

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-in-talks-to-join-manly-20171205-gzyxbj.html

If true, surely Manly would be having him checked out physically, and be insisting that Newcastle pay the bulk of his salary.
Baz is smart enough to know if we need Hodkinson. I can only assume Baz feels his goalkicking skills are important. Again, though, I no longer believe much that the media claim. I'm still incensed that two weeks ago Channel Ten clearly stated that Pearce had signed with Manly. Fake News is everywhere.

I say yes to Hodko on a one-year deal, heavily subsidised by Knights

With Cronk and Thurston's retirement from rep footy, DCE is a big chance for SOO next year.

Hodko's experience will be useful if DCE is missing for a few games around SOO.

Last thing we want is two rookie halves durring SOO.

I'd be happy if we get 12-14 games from Hodko, with Hastings/Croker/Cullen fighting for the rest.

Origin 2 is stand alone this year, so if DCE makes Orgin he would miss two games (I think we may even have the bye for one??)

So you want to sign a busted player to cover 1 or 2 games?

Newcastle Knights halfback Trent Hodkinson in talks to join Manly

Newcastle halfback Trent Hodkinson could be on the move back to the club where his NRL career began with his management set to meet with Manly officials on Tuesday to discuss his future.

The signing of Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson and the emergence of young halves Brock Lamb and Jack Cogger at the Knights has left the former Origin playmaker well down in the halves pecking order at the club.

In contrast, Manly is without a recognised half to partner skipper Daly Cherry-Evans after the Eagles released Blake Green from the final year of his contract to join the New Zealand Warriors on a lucrative deal.

They fell short financially in their bid to lure Pearce to the northern beaches and looked at Lamb as a potential plan B but the Knights are not prepared to release the youngster from the final year of his contract

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-in-talks-to-join-manly-20171205-gzyxbj.html

We cant kick these days doesnt run the ball.

Looks like 2018 is a rebuilding year.

That description sounds a bit like Green? Hodkinson can kick goals also but agree he is a bit of downgrade on Maloney and Pearce.

PS Uatr couldn’t get a run at the wooden spooners as well?
Agree he's like Green except has plenty of pre existing injuries but benefit of kicking goals ..was never a fan of green and not a fan of Hodko either..no frills both of them. Uate is in a different league to Hodko.. Even when Hodko was at the dogs he wasn't setting the world on fire. Uate needed a spark up the arse and got it here with the Eagles. Doubtful that Hodko could turn things around here.. Wouldn't want to sign him just to find out.

Origin 2 is stand alone this year, so if DCE makes Orgin he would miss two games (I think we may even have the bye for one??)

So you want to sign a busted player to cover 1 or 2 games?
I say no
I don't want him back here
Sorry we are glutching at straws here
Newcastle don't want him, if we are serious about building a premiership team even if he is a fill in gap he is not the answer.

I just flushed out a rumour. Todd Carney is to tour the bathroom facilities at Narrabeen and Brookvale on Friday.

but you still prefer Hastings?
I get the feeling that the coaching staff like what they see in young Croker. Both in ability and attitude. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit come round one if he’s a starting half and The club abandons it’s search for a Green replacement. We have halves already. Green has gone and Croker and Metcalf have arrived. Then there’s Hastings and Cullen. I reckon we might end up getting a high quality back and maybe one more forward. For whatever it’s worth, I think we will be a better side next season than we were this year. The forwards are looking particularly nasty. Bring on 2018!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10