The sum of us: Rugby league hero Steve Mortimer proud of his son's gay union

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't believe this thread is still going!

In saying that, as a history nerd with a bit of background in early Christianity and religious theory and philosophy, I'm possibly one of the few people who found the random tangent interesting...

(I'm an atheist, for the record. Just one who likes learning about everyone's cultural mythologies, including my own. No offence intended to anyone with religious beliefs, just my personal world view).

Bump, don't let this die, I like it that Rex get's high blood pressure from it's continued existence.

I can't believe this thread is still going!

In saying that, as a history nerd with a bit of background in early Christianity and religious theory and philosophy, I'm possibly one of the few people who found the random tangent interesting...

(I'm an atheist, for the record. Just one who likes learning about everyone's cultural mythologies, including my own. No offence intended to anyone with religious beliefs, just my personal world view).
I've always found it very interesting(and also worrying) that many Atheists believe in the existence of Aliens without cold hard facts either---just as a side note no reply required.

I've always found it very interesting(and also worrying) that many Atheists believe in the existence of Aliens without cold hard facts either---just as a side note no reply required.

Hi new and improved less rigid TC.

Take your point re atheists and Aliens but technically (and i know a small part of you wants to revert) all intelligent people believe that the probability of alien life is extremely high.

Hi new and improved less rigid TC.

Take your point re atheists and Aliens but technically (and i know a small part of you wants to revert) all intelligent people believe that the probability of alien life is extremely high.
Extremely low to be honest, over the last 2000 years or so what do we have to show for the proof of Alien life barely 000.1% of scientific based theories on water and living organisms.

At least with the Bible and other various forms there is some writing of the past, just the sheer amount of effort in compiling it lends itself to just as much evidence to that of Alien existence.

Just easier to believe in Aliens than wise standards.

Oh come on TC, can't I at least get some enjoyment from the season being rubbed out for Parramatta.........please.
I never said it isn't enjoyable just not positive lol.

I just don't advertise the fact i'm enjoying it because to find enjoyment at the expense of others is pathetic.(i enjoying being right and every other analysis of structures is wrong, being the only exception to the rule)

Extremely low to be honest, over the last 2000 years or so what do we have to show for the proof of Alien life barely 000.1% of scientific based theories on water and living organisms.

At least with the Bible and other various forms there is some writing of the past, just the sheer amount of effort in compiling it lends itself to just as much evidence to that of Alien existence.

Just easier to believe in Aliens than wise standards.

Nonsense. You are far to smart to actually believe the gibberish you have just posted. And why in the name of Hades are you bringing the bible into it.
What does "Just easier to believe in Aliens than wise standards" mean? What has it got to do with probability?

Never mentioned proof, only that the mathematical probability of life existing elsewhere in the universe is extremely high. If you don't believe that, I will repeat my statement.

All intelligent people believe the probability of Alien life is extremely high.

Nonsense. You are far to smart to actually believe the gibberish you have just posted. And why in the name of Hades are you bringing the bible into it.
What does "Just easier to believe in Aliens than wise standards" mean? What has it got to do with probability?

Never mentioned proof, only that the mathematical probability of life existing elsewhere in the universe is extremely high. If you don't believe that, I will repeat my statement.

All intelligent people believe the probability of Alien life is extremely high.
What are you basing your high probability on, that the Earth is one blade of grass on a football field mentality.

The point i was making is there is just as much probability of life existing elsewhere as there is to an existence of a God so it is a pointless debate.

It is that the ongoing trend is to believe in Alien life because it is easier to do so not because of a higher probability.

I can bring any element into the discussion as i wish, if you don't like my point of view not my problem.

My faith does not require proof, my intelligent side does and until i see more evidence supporting Alien life i will treat it with the respect it deserves---(not much of my time)

What are you basing your high probability on, that the Earth is one blade of grass on a football field mentality.

The point i was making is there is just as much probability of life existing elsewhere as there is to an existence of a God so it is a pointless debate.

It is that the ongoing trend is to believe in Alien life because it is easier to do so not because of a higher probability.

I can bring any element into the discussion as i wish, you don't like not my problem.

Just three things.

1) Your blade of grass example is not a "mentality" (whatever that is) it is
an expression of proportion.

2) If you believe there is as an equal probability of the existence of a God then I am arguing with someone who doesn't understand the meaning of probability.

3) It is not simply a senseless debate, billions of dollars are being spend by Nasa, and other agencies searching for both basic life and intelligent life..

Just three things.

1) Your blade of grass example is not a "mentality" (whatever that is) it is
an expression of proportion.

2) If you believe there is as an equal probability of the existence of a God then I am arguing with someone who doesn't understand the meaning of probability.

3) It is not simply a senseless debate, billions of dollars are being spend by Nasa, and other agencies searching for both basic life and intelligent life..

I think there's probably as much chance of 'little green men' type aliens as there is that God exists. We created those in our own image the same way man created God in his own image.

But is there a pretty fair probability there is some type of life somewhere else in the universe? Yup. Who knows what, where etc, but there's not the tiniest bit of cognitive dissonance in both being an atheist and believing/understanding there's still a lot that science has yet to discover and/or explain.

https://www.nasa.gov/content/nasa-ames-reproduces-the-building-blocks-of-life-in-laboratory

I think there is more chance of life in the universe, the small place that we know of, than there is of TC being a technical coach. Jesus was a good bloke and an historical reality. But he wouldn't have thought he knew it all. The arrogance of some of the posters here astounds me.

Double done on this site until after origin 2. It's out of control. There were plenty of ancient Greeks who thought they knew it all with regard to their religion.

Like the first bloke who buried a dead body and the entire clan didn't get disease from its festering corpse who had no idea of germs and no ducking way of seeing them went 'yeah that's what the magical beings who live amongst us want us to do'.

Get educated.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10