The Shane Flanagan Influence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don’t really care about Flanagan’s conflict of interest, because I know assistant coaches are mercenaries regardless of whether they have another gig or not.

However, I do find it interesting how brazen he is. You’d think he would pull these strings behind closed doors, knowing the perception…but no, he keeps talking to anyone who will listen. It’s strange. It reads almost like he cannot contain his excitement at getting another opportunity (probably didn’t think he ever would) and is over enthusiastic to the point it’s colouring his behaviour.
And some posters saw no problem with Flanno continuing on as assistant coach at Manly.
All I hear is crickets now.

I can imagine next year Flanno might well keep the keys to the Centre of Excellence and bring in the Dragons team to train there. Wouldn't that be a sight. lol
No need need for a set of keys with our "yes man" coach Anthony Noballs in charge. He'd just open the door and invite the Dragons inside to sh1t all over the gym. Then afterwards, Anthony would tell the media how happy he is that his aspirational ex assistant coach dropped by for a visit.

Seriously, can you imagine Bozo or Des putting up with this crap?

No need need for a set of keys with our "yes man" coach Anthony Noballs in charge. He'd just open the door and invite the Dragons inside to sh1t all over the gym. Then afterwards, Anthony would tell the media how happy he is that his aspirational ex assistant coach dropped by for a visit.

I would love to hear what Arko thinks of this mess.
I watched a documentary the other day about the Superleague war.
Just seeing the old footage of Arko, and John Quayle ripping in, their hearts on their sleeve.
I know different generation and all that, but seeing the backbone these men had back then was truly inspiring.

Seibs would even do a Maccas run for all the players after they finish their training session...what more would you want from a coach!

It seems we have some budding CEO’s on Silvertails at present , I’m guessing a few of you will be applying for Mestrov’s position when it’s next a available.

I’m looking forward to it as well , as I’m sure you’ll be able to fix all our issues , virtually overnight.

Bring it on.

It seems we have some budding CEO’s on Silvertails at present , I’m guessing a few of you will be applying for Mestrov’s position when it’s next a available.

I’m looking forward to it as well , as I’m sure you’ll be able to fix all our issues , virtually overnight.

Bring it on.
No need.

Our issues will be fixed overnight if Penn sold to an owner who cares more about the club and can run it better. Delmege showed what it takes to run a club properly and it was in direct contrast to Penn's style.

No need.

Our issues will be fixed overnight if Penn sold to an owner who cares more about the club and can run it better. Delmege showed what it takes to run a club properly and it was in direct contrast to Penn's style.
And we appointed a confident coach who didn't have any inferiority complex, capable of actually coaching the team without having his hand held.

But in all seriousness, the whole Flannagan thing is a very bad look. If Seibold doesn't have the fortitude to tell Flanno to ease up on discussing Dragons stuff in the media, then Mestrov needs to step in.

Perhaps the could send out an SOS to Peter Peters? Zorba would love to blab his opinion on things.

Last edited:
And we appointed a confident coach who didn't have any inferiority complex, making him capable of actually coaching the team without having his hand held.

But in all seriousness, the whole Flannagan thing is a very bad look. If Seibold doesn't have the fortitude to tell Flanno to ease up on the Dragons stuff in the media, then Mestrov needs to step in.

Perhaps the could send out an SOS to Peter Peters? Zorba would love to blab his opinion on things.
Or let Aaron Woods start a gossip column called The Seibold and the Beautiful.

I posted many pages back that I was finding it difficult to find a fukk to give about Flanno ... well ... I have found a few ... enough is enough ... piss him off.
Agree. This thread is now 33 pages long and I'm still not sure Flanagan has had any influence on the club, let alone a positive one. He used the gig as a stepping stone to land another head coaching job. Thanks to Jason Ryles being squeamish, he's done that. So tell me, what did we get out of it?

I posted many pages back that I was finding it difficult to find a fukk to give about Flanno ... well ... I have found a few ... enough is enough ... piss him off.

Spot on mate. Culture means a lot today imo, because at the end of the day, most clubs are talented. It's the little things like that, that make the real difference, and if I was an employee of an organization, watching on as a leader of that org. was focused elsewhere, it naturally breeds apathy.

Flanagan was announced Dragons coach 14 June 2023. Since that time:
17th June - scored 4 points (Loss)
24th June - scored 6 points (Loss)
2nd July - scored 18 points (Win)
15th July - scored 8 points (Loss)
23rd July - TODAY

HORRIBLE in EVERY stretch of the imagination. For the record in those 4 games, we've had 93 points scored against us ! Get rid of this imposter !

Spot on mate. Culture means a lot today imo, because at the end of the day, most clubs are talented. It's the little things like that, that make the real difference, and if I was an employee of an organization, watching on as a leader of that org. was focused elsewhere, it naturally breeds apathy.

Flanagan was announced Dragons coach 14 June 2023. Since that time:
17th June - scored 4 points (Loss)
24th June - scored 6 points (Loss)
2nd July - scored 18 points (Win)
15th July - scored 8 points (Loss)
23rd July - TODAY

HORRIBLE in EVERY stretch of the imagination. For the record in those 4 games, we've had 93 points scored against us ! Get rid of this imposter !
Whilst originally I was unsure whether I agreed with your sentiments about him leaving I'm totally onboard now.
If he was quietly working in the background doing this stuff I would maybe see fit for him to stay but he is constantly quoted in the media and it's not a good look.
It doesn't have to be a bad thing. Manly always knew this could happen so let Flanno go concentrate on the Dragons with our blessings and fill the role internally until a replacement is found.

Add me to that list now, I have had enough of seeing everything he is doing on the Fox sports webpages about all he is up to with signings and with his continual meetings with Ben Hunt. Time to go Flanno
Yep,add me too,but in my defence and I stand by this,an assistant coach shouldn’t make too much of a difference to the impact of a team if you have a good head coach.Once the Ben Hunt issue blew up and he got involved,that was it for me

Lots more coaches getting a go now that we have the NRLW.
Will take some risk out of hiring untried coaches / assistant

Agree. This thread is now 33 pages long and I'm still not sure Flanagan has had any influence on the club, let alone a positive one. He used the gig as a stepping stone to land another head coaching job. Thanks to Jason Ryles being squeamish, he's done that. So tell me, what did we get out of it?
Flanno has more than overstayed his welcome and stretched the friendship with the only club who gave him a start back into coaching. F-k him off now.
I never remember Barrett carrying on this much at the Panthers when he got the Bulldogs gig.

Flanno has more than overstayed his welcome and stretched the friendship with the only club who gave him a start back into coaching. F-k him off now.
I never remember Barrett carrying on this much at the Panthers when he got the Bulldogs gig.
Except the Dragons gave him his start before he came over.

This was a calculated move, jumping ship for a short while until heads rolled under the Griffin regime. Aside from a few curious powerbrokers feeling out Ryles' interest, most parties concerned knew all along Flanno would be taking over.

Seibold, Mestrov and Penn are the suckers in all this, and it is lame to think that Flanno actually owes anything to Manly. The fact he is still on the books is a disgrace to our club, and makes Seibold even more pathetic in my eyes

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8