The scum's new tackle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Just about every tackle they made the scum players grabbed one foot of the eels player and spun him around. Some legit but others where they got away with holding the leg far too long imo.

they also lifted the one leg they had in hand.

player loses balance and the other tacklers bring him down.

if they can get away with it. so can we.

jjai said:
OMG a tackler`s grabbed an attackers leg & hung on.. :huh: Our teams never done that :-/ .. :p

No-one said it was illegal but they did it just about every tackle and spun the player around. Off course our team does it but not as constantly as the scum does. They also seem to getaway with holding the leg a lot longer.

Before you go posting smartarse comments maybe you should watch the game. I bet if our team does it as much as they did we'd get penalised. And before you point out that the scum were penalised 10-3 against them none were for holding the players' leg, most were for being offside or holding the player down.

Fonz said:
Paranoia!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooking the ankle of a ball runner has been around forever.

Just as I was called paranoid when I mentioned the scum diving at the legs of players while two other players held him up. I mentioned this before it was picked up by the media and officials.

Did you watch the game? If not watch it and see how many times they did it and how many times they got away with it when other teams would of been penalised.

Its not the tackles they use that annoyed me specifically last night, it was the length of time they were given to complete them. I swear you could wait till you thought they should be penalized for holding on too long and then count to 4 before they let go, almost every single time.

They are given a lot of latitude, I think it is because they are given credit for being good at tackling.

As too the 10 - 3 penalty count last night, I am amazed it wasn't worse, the storm were down right belligerent. I would have seriously penalized them at the end when they refused to pack the scrum in a timely manner for instance. I know the clock was off, but it was a clear attempt to suffocate the game, and to give their defense time to rest with only seconds left.

swoop said:
Fonz said:
Paranoia!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooking the ankle of a ball runner has been around forever.

Just as I was called paranoid when I mentioned the scum diving at the legs of players while two other players held him up. I mentioned this before it was picked up by the media and officials.

Did you watch the game? If not watch it and see how many times they did it and how many times they got away with it when other teams would of been penalised.

Has anyone ever been penalised for hooking an ankle before the referee calls held? It doesn't matter how many times they do it if it's not illegal.

What I noticed by the Storm is that 3rd man in invariably dives with intent at the back of the tackled players calves, like they're trying to cork it or pop a medial or ACL. Surely it's the new prowler tackler - if you can't attack the legs of a kicker why is it okay to dive into the back of a players legs when he is being held prone by two other team mates?

When we play the storm our players must go to ground straight away to prevent their 3rd tackler comming in at the legs and slowing the play the ball down.

tookey said:
When we play the storm our players must go to ground straight away to prevent their 3rd tackler comming in at the legs and slowing the play the ball down.

I dont disagree but Watmough has done the opposite wether it be the storm or other team and ive never seen him perform to any degree lesser because of the storms cheating tackling techniques.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4