1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The score could have been higher

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ManlyBacker, Mar 19, 2007.

1. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I was pleased how the team looked in the last 20 minutes. Lyon and Bell scored quickly and even with injuries all over the park we constantly looked like we would go in again and again.

What about the play of Georgie dropping into 5/8th at a scrum and charging like William “the Fridge” Perry (from the ’85 Chicago Bears), only to head directly at the middle of the goalpost? This was right after Canteen Worker had told George there was a free meat pie on the try line. I liked this ploy but couldn’t believe the Raiders didn’t prepare for it. At least Des is coming up with some variations.

A score line of well over 40 was probably deserved. As a member of the crowd I just felt we were really going to put them to the sword and couldn't quite finish it off.

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Yep, it was a good move but why did he run into the post? Couldn't he see it?

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Maybe that was when the lights were off

4. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    that move could forever be called the "Free Meat Pie" from now on lol

5. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The interesting point was that all the reserves put in and had a go because their all fighting to get a game.

6. Crushercleal

Crushercleal Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Gorgeous George still looks too fat to me.

7. mellonhead

mellonhead Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We need to have a few players with kilos, there are too many light weights in the forwards already, we need to give Georgie fitness and bit more stamina, and let him eat as many pies as he wants.

8. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    GOLD!!!

A double movement in order to get to the free meat pie on the try line. LMAO