• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just did the ladder predictor...Had Manly only winning against Tigers...Had us finishing 7th (pending for/against).
Hoping I'm wrong (in a favourable way)
At the end of the day if we only win one of our remaining games that means we would have lost 4 of our last 5 so it would be irrelevant where we finish as we would purely be making up the numbers. Anything less than 2 wins is unacceptable if we are to truly challenge come semis time

At the end of the day if we only win one of our remaining games that means we would have lost 4 of our last 5 so it would be irrelevant where we finish as we would purely be making up the numbers. Anything less than 2 wins is unacceptable if we are to truly challenge come semis time

Yep, if we are going to be more than cannon fodder we need to win at least 2/4 preferably 3/4

How many of the last four can we win??

Thoughts everyone ( realistic thoughts not hopes and prayers)??
My thoughts are I'm hoping and praying we can win this week, and 2/4 would be a bonus.

Where we end up is going to depend on injuries, the refs (who we get and what mood they're in) and how much the Manly factor comes into play.

My ladder predictor see us finishing 7th, but if we lose this week we wont play finals.

Storm 44
Chooks 38
Raiders 32
Rabbits 32
Eels 32
Broncos 29
Eagles 28
Sharks 26
Tigers 26
Panthers 26

This assumes that the Eels will beat the Bulldogs, Broncos at Suncorp, and us. I think they might struggle to win 3/4. And if we can win 2/4 and the Eels also do we will finish 5th.

This assumes that the Eels will beat the Bulldogs, Broncos at Suncorp, and us. I think they might struggle to win 3/4. And if we can win 2/4 and the Eels also do we will finish 5th.

I’m of the view we will win 2/4, which two I’m not sure.

I can’t see the Eels winning 3/4 so yes 5th spot beckons , possibly v the Donkeys at Brookvale.

Keep winning and let the cards fall how they will.

4th would be great, but don’t really want storm in the 1st week down there 3rd is possible if there are some crazy results

5-6th home semi final, but we want to avoid Cronulla who are the strongest of the teams behind us.

7-8th if we end up down here we are obviously so out of form by finals that we are probably just making up the numbers anyway.

Playing the broncos/tigers/panthers at Brooky is probably the best outcome. Sudden death but feel that’s our best entrance Into the finals

Keep winning and let the cards fall how they will.

4th would be great, but don’t really want storm in the 1st week down there 3rd is possible if there are some crazy results

5-6th home semi final, but we want to avoid Cronulla who are the strongest of the teams behind us.

7-8th if we end up down here we are obviously so out of form by finals that we are probably just making up the numbers anyway.

Playing the broncos/tigers/panthers at Brooky is probably the best outcome. Sudden death but feel that’s our best entrance Into the finals
I'm sure if you checked the stats that you'd find our win-loss record against Cronulla is the best we have against any club.
Also, the three teams you nominated as an easier option (Broncos, Tugers, 'Riff) have all beaten us this season . . .(so far)

I'm sure if you checked the stats that you'd find our win-loss record against Cronulla is the best we have against any club.
Also, the three teams you nominated as an easier option (Broncos, Tugers, 'Riff) have all beaten us this season . . .(so far)

Despite all the stats, I’d still rather play the other three than Cronulla. They have much more upside than broncos/tigers/panthers.

Season results and stats don’t mean **** in semis and sharks are very experienced at the pointy end of the season

So I won’t be checking

If we are full strength and playing in the finals we are a good chance no matter how the next month plays out. Des will have some game plan cards up his sleeve to out coach our rivals come finals time. My big concern is the refereeing, not only the howlers that will turn finals games but these days the approach they take to a game varies so much that you can’t know what is going to be acceptable from week to week. If we are on games with a good 10 meters and some policing of the ruck (ie games where football is actually played not just wrestle and sprint) then we will be very hard to stop. Sadly I doubt this will be the case.

Injuries I believe will determine the outcome.

Based on our form coming into the last game we could potentially beat any team but down on troops we do slip back a little.

It’s in the lap of the gods I guess.

For the record, I have Broncos in 8th on 27 points.
I think Parra are rubbish and will not finish above us. We will beat them in the last round.
Rabbits are gone are in big danger of dropping 2 or 3 on the run home.
I have no issues with playing Melbourne in Melbourne week 1 of the semis.
Prefer that than a knockout final at Brookie.
Go Manly! We are back baby!

I’ve got no problem playing melbourne, it’s more that win or lose you know you have been in a game against them and it can be hard to back up from them.

Agree. Match starts at 7.50pm. There is no lead-up game.
How cold will it be on the Hill? Why would you bother when it is on TV?
While I'll be going I reckon we'll be lucky to draw 6,000.

Yep and the funny thing is Rothfool was saying last night how the Thursday night and Friday 6pm games are crap timeslots as people can't/won't go.
He raised this when they were discussing the Dragons woes and their poor crowds.

Funny how it's never been brought up when he's deathridden us and Brookie in articles regarding how poor our crowds have been over the past few years.

2/4 but don't know which 2.
Like we're lamenting the fact we lost to the Warriors but beat the Storm, most of us would say we'd win one of those two...and we did, just not the one we thought.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10