The Owners speak

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ritchie is confident the league won't step in and help the club, despite their history. "The NRL has already stated numerous times that they will not come in and financially help clubs now, they've done it previously but everyone needs to stand on their own two feet," Ritchie explained. . .
Here we go. The NRL is doing its groundwork. Happy to save the Titans, Newcastle, St George (have I missed anyone) financially but not Manly.
It's only a matter of time before we are forced to amalgamate or relocate.
Let's hope Lyle and others with a brain in the organisation has a Plan B.
The Nrl have no option but to financially support any club that gets into trouble because they are obligated to have Manly in a 16 team competition as per the tv agreement

Most of the Swans and rugby Union fans come from the North shore of Sydney. Why does the NRL give little support to Rugby League in this area when the AFL has targeted this area with such great success?
NRL seemed to be very concerned when GWS moved into Rugby League territory in the west but are constantly sabotaging Rugby League in the north.

They've bled the place dry and wouldn't piss on the franchise if it was on fire.

Ritchie also.said they are tired of.tipping in $1M a season and want the club to run like Souths. Never laughed so hard in my life when i heard that.

Uncle Zorba dragged these non NRL people the Penn’s into the Club as financiers all because he was sacked by the Club. They recouped their outlay by selling the Leauges Club. Without any income to support the yearly expenses, apart from the fans, they want too bail. We are totally forked, unless someone comes along with very deep pockets. Very very sad.

The Nrl have no option but to financially support any club that gets into trouble because they are obligated to have Manly in a 16 team competition as per the tv agreement
Does the TV agreement stipulate Manly, or simply that they need 16 teams?
What the NRL needs more than Manly is a second team in Brisbane and in NZ.

Does anyone know how much the Penns made from the sale of the Leagues Club land? And how much they make from annual NRL grants? I'm not sure I buy into this "they have poured so much money into the club" line. And how much would they stand to gain from sale of the license or relocation?
Over $15milliom which is less than what they have invested into the club and the sale should have gone back to the club considering it was your leagues club

While club owners Rick and Scott Penn have not been heard from during the troubled 2018 season that has seen talk of the Many Sea Eagles being moved to Perth, Queensland or even New Zealand and coach Trent Barrett resigning with two years to go on his contract amid a potential player revolt over facilities and conditions. Fans and members have been kept in the cold by the owners who will soon be breaking their silence. Not to be open and transparent but to ask for memberships. They will hold their hand out and say that is so important, now more than ever that the club is 'stronger together' and how much difference your membership makes.

Hi Scotty.
I’m sure the fans have something around the 20% share mark so one would assume your voices should be heard?

Over $15milliom which is less than what they have invested into the club and the sale should have gone back to the club considering it was your leagues club
@Mrs D it’s great that you’re on this forum and all that but in another thread you complain about the penns saying stuff about you and max and then in the next breath talk about extra marital affairs and scandal of the penns. Just take the moral high ground. You don’t need to say any of it. It’s just mud. It comes across as hypocritical.

To me (and forgive me if I’m wrong) it seems like the only reason you are here is because you have an axe to grind.

All of this he said she said ego driven garbage which has gone on for years is ruining our club. You have a right to feel all these things and I don’t presume to know what happened behind the scenes but I support manly not an owner.

I don’t want my footy team to continue to be ripped apart by gossip and garbage. The war is over. Max lost. Make peace with it and move on. You’re only hurting yourself and supporters of this great club by continuing the gossip and mud slinging

I find Mrs D’s posts informative and wondered how much the Penns were offered to sell.

$15 million is quite a substantial offer and seems they won’t sell to anyone associated with Delmege.

What a shame for us fans who know the Penns are killing our club.

We need new owners who have a passion for our club.

I’m scared they’ll eventually sell it to someone who will onsell to someone else and Manly will be gone.

Keep posting Mrs D.

My biggest concern is it appears we are on the way to an end game.

And what that end game actually is no one other the owners really know.

And sadly we are simply pawns in the middle with zero influence, and as ZtH has said “ sausage roll eating nufties”.

We might have a voice on social media but at the end of the day we are meaningless!!

And sadly we are simply pawns in the middle with zero influence, and as ZtH has said “ sausage roll eating nufties”.

We might have a voice on social media but at the end of the day we are meaningless!!

Yes Mark, we are all just sore bottomed num nuts. @:D

Undoubtedly there is an end game. Why invest all that money in a product & then refuse to manage it properly. Unless the end game is to run it down move it elsewhere then sell it off to someone else for a profit. No doubt the club will be going to Gosford or Perth... Gosford has a very nice stadium sitting there waiting for a team. The council up there would probably do back flips to get the club there.

Undoubtedly there is an end game. Why invest all that money in a product & then refuse to manage it properly. Unless the end game is to run it down move it elsewhere then sell it off to someone else for a profit. No doubt the club will be going to Gosford or Perth... Gosford has a very nice stadium sitting there waiting for a team. The council up there would probably do back flips to get the club there.

Yes that’s one possible end!!

Buggered if I know why but there’d have to be $$$$ in it for that to be one of them!

Except that we can buy the products, make them money. Though if you have no customers no ones will care if you sell the shop. Hmmmmmm.

I disagree re: the CCoast.
Singleton did his best to kill the NE franchise with his narrative of a "Sydney takeover"....and not much has changed since in terms of community sentiment as far as I can see.
Either everyone has a team already, or will never support a transplant.

The Mariners are struggling, Roosters are on the way out in the local league.
The coast is too "Sydney centric" to support a fulltime team imo.

End game is pretty clear

With the NRL covering the cap a well run league team has the potential to be profitable....emphasis on well run

End game is pretty clear

With the NRL covering the cap a well run league team has the potential to be profitable....emphasis on well run

So in your opinion it’s just getting us to 2019 and see what happens ???

By the way I don’t have an opinion, we seem to be heading to something I’m just not sure what!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8