The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It should never have gotten to this, the writing was on the wall regarding his dedication long before the club decided to extend his contract just in case the Tigers came in with an offer, what numbskulls
Agree but since posting this, it has come to our attention that performance clauses were put into the contract so it may not be as stupid as it first looked?

Yeah let's see the so called details of this secret clause contract. I highly doubt that Tartak would've been a party to something like that. There's been that many twisted and dodgy stories around Schusters contract from last year it's hard to believe any of what's written or reported.
Honestly , it wouldn’t surprise me , and maybe that’s where the magical $800k comes in.

Probably on a lot less , performance conditions going both ways.

Does make sense I think.

Honestly , it wouldn’t surprise me , and maybe that’s where the magical $800k comes in.

Probably on a lot less , performance conditions going both ways.

Does make sense I think.
Once Benji said no to Tartak,Manly held a bit of power,despite what the media will have you believe.Most people knew about the clauses,obviously not the details,but they knew Schuster wasn’t getting $800K+ straight up.But only now the media have revealed the clauses.Obviously they refused to mention them prior,because by saying he was on $800K+ it generated more interest than if they said the truth

Does anyone know anything about this "secret contract clause...that safeguards the club against significant financial loss"??
They have reported on NRL 360 through Chammas that the clauses are around his weight, the club are confident he has not met the criteria stipulated.

Also mentioned he has been given the opportunity to talk with other clubs and his contract would be cut at the end of this season.

It is a relief to know that the club inserted clauses that protected the club. At least we will not suffer financially.

Josh is not in a good place and for some time its clear that he has not enjoyed his footy.

I really hope that whatever the issues are that he can find a way back, play with a smile on his face and enjoy his footy and show his immense talent.

I am sad that we are not going to see that in maroon and white but at least the club can move on and we have some cap available to deal with some of the gaps in our club, especially the hooker role!

They have reported on NRL 360 through Chammas that the clauses are around his weight, the club are confident he has not met the criteria stipulated.

Also mentioned he has been given the opportunity to talk with other clubs and his contract would be cut at the end of this season.

It's amazing that all at NRL360 felt empathy towards Schu and almost blaming his manager for forcing Manly to sign the high contract with all the high pressures and expectations that it brings.

Yeah let's see the so called details of this secret clause contract. I highly doubt that Tartak would've been a party to something like that. There's been that many twisted and dodgy stories around Schusters contract from last year it's hard to believe any of what's written or reported.
Kinda makes sense Mick, why else would Seib's and the club do this now. Although it would be good to see these hidden performance clauses in Schusters contract to allay peoples suspicions.

That’s the ****ed up society we live in now. No one takes responsibility for their own actions.
Including the f***wits on NRL 360 who have been death-riding Schuster relentlessly since that contract was signed. Seems a little ironic to me that they can find compassion for the kid now things have turned sour when they've been banging on about how worthless he is for over a year.

It's amazing that all at NRL360 felt empathy towards Schu and almost blaming his manager for forcing Manly to sign the high contract with all the high pressures and expectations that it brings.
Yeh I think most in the game can see what a talent he is, 6 years ago he had every club chasing his signature, not many players come through with his skills.

Everyone wants the best for him, knowing what is best is difficult, maybe the Panthers with Luai leaving would help him, signing a one or two year deal somewhere else hopefully see the best of him.

He leaves a big hole in the squad, the club haven’t shown their hand in chasing another backrower as yet, if he goes we would have only 26 positions of the 30 filled.

Kinda makes sense Mick, why else would Seib's and the club do this now. Although it would be good to see these hidden performance clauses in Schusters contract to allay peoples suspicions.
I think they have acted before origin comes in along with being able to backfill the position should he go it gives them a little bit of time to find what’s available on the market..

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8