The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The SMH take. They’re saying he has been granted an immediate release:

Manly give Schuster permission to leave club immediately​

By Adrian Proszenko and Billie Eder

Updated April 10, 2024 — 2.32pmfirst published April 8, 2024 — 10.58am

Manly has given Josh Schuster permission to negotiate with other clubs after a troubled start to the season.

Schuster was informed of the decision on Wednesday morning after a meeting between his agent and coach Anthony Seibold. The playmaker signed a deal worth $800,000 per season that would keep him on the northern beaches until the end of 2027, but is now free to explore his options.
Josh Schuster is free to leave the Sea Eagles.

Josh Schuster is free to leave the Sea Eagles.CREDIT: GETTY

Schuster has been languishing in reserve grade after enduring an injury-plagued off season.
Only last year, the Samoan international predicted he could become the best player in the NRL.

“I’ve always believed in myself since day one. I always believed that one day I would be the best player in the game,” Schuster said last May.
“I’ve still got a long way [to go] in saying that, I’ve still got a lot of learning to do.”

Schuster has battled with his weight and fitness while trying to overcome his injuries.

I'm surprised the Telegraph didn't lead with "Schu gets the boot for being a loafer" On a serious note, it's hard to be too critical, he never brought the club into disrepute for being a dickhead and he was never a cheapshot merchant.
I think he's just a young bloke who lost his way and maybe just lost his passion for the game (I guess that remains to be seen) Either way I wonder if they'll use his money on a marquee player or most of it will go in upgrades.
Fair enough. The only mistake he really made was telling the media he could be the best player in the game one day, with the leg speed of Aaron Woods, the fortitude of Bryce Cartwright and the work ethic of Moses Suli.

The SMH take. They’re saying he has been granted an immediate release:

Manly give Schuster permission to leave club immediately​

By Adrian Proszenko and Billie Eder

Updated April 10, 2024 — 2.32pmfirst published April 8, 2024 — 10.58am

Manly has given Josh Schuster permission to negotiate with other clubs after a troubled start to the season.

Schuster was informed of the decision on Wednesday morning after a meeting between his agent and coach Anthony Seibold. The playmaker signed a deal worth $800,000 per season that would keep him on the northern beaches until the end of 2027, but is now free to explore his options.
Josh Schuster is free to leave the Sea Eagles.

Josh Schuster is free to leave the Sea Eagles.CREDIT: GETTY

Schuster has been languishing in reserve grade after enduring an injury-plagued off season.
Only last year, the Samoan international predicted he could become the best player in the NRL.

“I’ve always believed in myself since day one. I always believed that one day I would be the best player in the game,” Schuster said last May.
“I’ve still got a long way [to go] in saying that, I’ve still got a lot of learning to do.”

Schuster has battled with his weight and fitness while trying to overcome his injuries.
Thank you for the Schuster news story feathered friend Tezz
I hope there will be a happy ending for both parties

Does anyone know anything about this "secret contract clause...that safeguards the club against significant financial loss"??
Yeah let's see the so called details of this secret clause contract. I highly doubt that Tartak would've been a party to something like that. There's been that many twisted and dodgy stories around Schusters contract from last year it's hard to believe any of what's written or reported.

Personally I think a stint in Super League would be his best option for his footy career
You could be right feathered friend

Personally I think before he goes anywhere he needs a complete Attitude change if he is to bring back his A game performance.

One would think that if you are a high paid professional athlete You would take pride in looking like one . The Schu looks unfit and uninterested

Maybe some one can get into his head and maybe not
You cannot save a man from him self
Only The Schu can save his footy career

It had to happen really didn’t it? Can’t have a player on significant coin in Reggie’s these days. Sounds like a master stroke by Mestrov and co with his contract. 650k-800k to go to market.

All that said I’d still love to see him playing well for some other team. Really hope he gets it together..

It just feels bittersweet for me. I want the kid to be good...and for us. Sometimes relationships just aren't attainable, and you need to divorce in the best interests of all parties. I hope all parties come out of this in a stronger position.

He still can earn 800k playing somewhere else. Manly pays 350k and another club offers 450k. We free up 450k on our cap, he collects 800k combined from both clubs, and attempts to find his feet elsewhere.
It should never have gotten to this, the writing was on the wall regarding his dedication long before the club decided to extend his contract just in case the Tigers came in with an offer, what numbskulls

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8