The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reading all the negative and hate posts I just watched the reply to see how bad Schu was.

Guess what? He wasn't bad at all.

He came on as left side 2nd row and made all his tackles in the 25 mins he played.

Manly went right on every play bar 3 when Schu was playing.
One, he was bypassed so didn't get the ball.
2nd he put Koula away for a 20m run
3rd, he was given a hospital pass and tried to pat it on - mistake

Came off with 25 mins to play and Seibold did not bring him back on with 10 to go when he really could have made a difference.

Hopefully moving forward Seibold has a plan to use Schuster in attack that will better Manly as a whole and help Schu grow more as a player, as Seibs tactics were an epic fail against the Warriors.
Well, that’s the first positive post I’ve seen for Shu in a long time, and congrats for your insight.

We have to remember that Shu seriously

Reading all the negative and hate posts I just watched the reply to see how bad Schu was.

He came on as left side 2nd row and made all his tackles in the 25 mins he played.

Came off with 25 mins to play and Seibold did not bring him back on with 10 to go when he really could have made a difference.

Hopefully moving forward Seibold has a plan to use Schuster in attack that will better Manly as a whole and help Schu grow more as a player, as Seibs tactics were an epic fail against the Warriors.
Yep, thought Seib's would of brought him on with time running out and us needing a miracle play to pull the game out of the fire. Nothing to lose really, but in the frantic last 10min or so substitutions are kinda lost in the moment so to speak.

Yep, thought Seib's would of brought him on with time running out and us needing a miracle play to pull the game out of the fire. Nothing to lose really, but in the frantic last 10min or so substitutions are kinda lost in the moment so to speak.

That should be the coaches bread n butter.
I guess Flanno must have been on the phone to incoming Dragon players and Seibs just had Maccas and fell asleep.

That should be the coaches bread n butter.
I guess Flanno must have been on the phone to incoming Dragon players and Seibs just had Maccas and fell asleep.
Talking about falling asleep, I see you've been doing a Florence Nightingale and burning the midnight oil in the wee hours of the morning. I have those FN nights as well sometimes time for some zzzz..lol.

Talking about falling asleep, I see you've been doing a Florence Nightingale and burning the midnight oil in the wee hours of the morning. I have those FN nights as well sometimes time for some zzzz..lol.

LOL I am on holidays in Italy, so my
posts look like I am up late but not really 🙃

Good analysis
stats like zero metres are too easy to make good or poor judgements. He has given those outside him room many times this season

I want the kid to succeed, in glimpses we've seen the capability. He's suffering a severe dose of Latrellitis at the moment unfortunately.

I've been a long time critic of him, not a fan, currently i think the weaknesses in his game far outweigh the flare that can lead to tries...BUT when he's on, he's on and we are a much better footy team.

My main observation has been that Schu plays better when Turbo is in the team, and Turbo plays better when Schu is in the team. When one has been missing this year, the other has nowhere near the impact. Sadly that's been most of the season..

He's still nowhere near worth $800k though, nor is Turbo worth his coin currently either. But that's a differnt story.

Its obvious that Shu isn't living up to the hype. Surprise. Said it before, the expectations are too high. Not to say he's less than the player that he can become. Just for now he is just doing OK and for many that's not good enough. He's paid for potential and he's still only 22. Daly Cherry Evans, our best player and possibly the best or equal best half we've had, didn't start first grade until he was 22. Cliff Lyons, in my opinion our second best player ever, didn't make an impression until he was 24. Going back to Reserves, may be a wake up call that he needs to move to the next level to justify his pay packet. He may not get there. No one knows. But if he does, he'll live up to the hype. I hope he does. Manly needs him to be what he could be.

To me Shu is a confidence player. I don't think his self belief is that high. The rubbish about being the World's best, was just hot air trying to build up that self belief. The fact that Spud got him off on line stuff was obviously because he was reading what was being said and was being affected by it. Why otherwise would Spud tell him not to read it. He knew. The kid has a confidence issue. When things go well, when he gets the positive kudos, he does well. The negatives I suspect drag him down. He's not toughened up yet and needs to be. He needs to take control of himself and the game. To impose himself, not just wait for opportunities to arise. If you're reading Shu, take control for goodness sake.

Last edited:
Good analysis
stats like zero metres are too easy to make good or poor judgements. He has given those outside him room many times this season
Yeah I saw him make plenty of tackles. This was his first game in the back row for two years and he only got 20 mins and then cops a mouthful in the media from the ceo who just signed him to a four year deal a few weeks ago. Very unusual.

My main observation has been that Schu plays better when Turbo is in the team, and Turbo plays better when Schu is in the team. When one has been missing this year, the other has nowhere near the impact. Sadly that's been most of the season..

This is the thing most people are missing, and I know it shouldn't really be an excuse given we play more games without Tom than we do with him these days but they literally only played 5 games together this year:

34-30 v Parra
12-13 v Souths (robbed)
22-16 v Tigers (this one shouldn't count as neither were fit to play)
42-14 v Canberra
58-18 v Dolphins

Last two being easily our best performances this year.

Not saying Schu doesn't deserve to be dropped as even as one of his biggest fans I can admit his recent performances have been shocking (just run the ball once please) but you can't say he hasn't had a rough go of it. Seeing Koula at left centre outside Arthur on the weekend summed up Seibold not having any idea what to do with Schu, good luck to any half trying to create with Parker, Tuilagi and Tuipulotu outside them..

Clearly down on confidence with his own poor play and the media and fans bagging him at every opportunity, I hope he takes some time over the next couple weeks and off season to get his head and body right for next year. Those wanting him out now should be careful what they wish for

Prepare for egg y'all.

He'll come good. VERY good.
I think this is the part of the problem, stop hyping him up.

The fact is he hasn't performed to expectations or his salary, but I'd say there aren't many players who could have matched those expectations either given how much hype has been thrown his way.

Lets not worry about becoming VERY good yet before he even gets to adequate.

Prepare for egg y'all.

100 percent agree with Ryan. He’s a champion Manly man. Every press conference he says how much he loves manly. I don’t buy this bs that he wasn’t upset about his form or being hooked. He had just been moved to the backrow. He was feeling his way into the game. The coach hooked him. He didn’t complain. He just did what the coach asked and came off and didn’t complain after the game.

Prepare for egg y'all.

If it happens, I'll happily wipe the egg from my face. But I highly doubt it.

You still haven't answered how/why you think this. Based on what? A junior career against boys compared to an adult career against seasoned professionals?

He's average. At best. Even average players have good games every now and then.

Peter Peters has outlayed a 6 point plan for Schuster.
Mentoring by Glen Stewart as mentioned by @NZEaglesFan (I recall) earlier
Play for Samoa this off season
Move to the northern beaches
Be mates with his team mates
A season in England under an Aussie coach
And I can't remember the last one.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11