The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't blame the club for paying so much for him. At the time he looked to be worth it.

I do blame the club as they extended him only a few weeks a go. Even if we believe the pay cut he has taken 600-650 is way overs on what he has shown.

His manager tartak deserves a gold medal for getting him the deal.

I don't know who that person is but I'm bloody sure if they don't find that person, his career will be short.
Foran could have been a good mentor for him. Foz is someone he could relate to, (even playing in the same position) someone who had been there where Schu is now - talented player, world at his feet, and then come a couple of bumps in the road and hiccups in his career and went off the rails, hit rock-bottom both professionally and personally. But has come out the other side. Just a phone call or two with some words of advice could go a long way to helping him out.

He needs to start adopting the 'run first' policy of a 5/8. And then when it's on play what he sees.

The thing to me last night that really hit me in the face was how submissive he was against the defensive line, he just allowed himself to be pushed back 5 to 10 everytime. Now look....it happens occasionally, but he just never pushed through or at the line.

I'd suggest he get a fullsize mirror and a set of scales......is there a bigger 5/8 in the comp? He is a monster. And I'm with others here who remember some of his barnstorming runs last year.

I think most of us forgive some of his impulsive plays, like the kick for Parker....bonehead play, but hey, I've seen more experienced halves do similar, and it's his unpredictability which is great. It's the lack of effort which gets on peoples nerves. Not getting involved, not taking on the lines, and soft soft soft defence.

Last edited:
I'm a Schuster fan, but his performances show he is not athletic enough to be a full time five eighth. His lack of speed ranks with the slowest forwards in the team and thus his proper position is in the forwards. This is where his ball playing can create the most damage. It appears he is totally down on confidence at present and that he is trying to overcome this by attempting low percentage plays. If he has a simpler role in the team and focuses on getting the basics right, all the good stuff will naturally follow.
I agree that his pace is a concern. I'm confident he'll turn into a good edge back rower in time...but it may take time. Of more a concern was how much pace Parker has lost this year after his knee issues last year. He couldn't even keep up with Schuster when he took that intercept last night, which made his decision to kick look stupid. IF Koula or Saab are there, then the kick gets a reward.

I agree that his pace is a concern. I'm confident he'll turn into a good edge back rower in time...but it may take time. Of more a concern was how much pace Parker has lost this year after his knee issues last year. He couldn't even keep up with Schuster when he took that intercept last night, which made his decision to kick look stupid. IF Koula or Saab are there, then the kick gets a reward.
Yes, there is nothing like speed:

1691727032708.png

If Koula or Saab are there,Schuster would not of kicked it,he was looking to pass almost immediately until he realised it was Parker,which makes it more baffling that he ran further then kicked

Foran could have been a good mentor for him. Foz is someone he could relate to, (even playing in the same position) someone who had been there where Schu is now - talented player, world at his feet, and then come a couple of bumps in the road and hiccups in his career and went off the rails, hit rock-bottom both professionally and personally. But has come out the other side. Just a phone call or two with some words of advice could go a long way to helping him out.
Some summer time on the GC for a couple of weeks with Foz couldn't hurt. It'll get him acclimatized for Vegas in March @:D (altho it could also be milder depending on the weather). But yeah, Foz wouldn't hurt. But I'm thinking some professional help might also assist.

If we win a GF with shoey in the team on mad Monday we fill brookie and get the world record for most shoeys at once.

We might've resigned this spud but that doesn't mean he can't be found with a bag of white powder at the pub sometime, he can go play wherever SKD is these days. Times up ya lazy slug.

Edit: That was pretty harsh but he looks completely disinterested considering his position and salary, and I know he typically appears that way but he actually looks like he genuinely just doesn't want to be there.

Wonder if there's anyone hanging around the club that could help... 👃🍬

Some summer time on the GC for a couple of weeks with Foz couldn't hurt. It'll get him acclimatized for Vegas in March @:D (altho it could also be milder depending on the weather). But yeah, Foz wouldn't hurt. But I'm thinking some professional help might also assist.
Hasn’t Foz already been mentoring him for two years already?

I do blame the club as they extended him only a few weeks a go. Even if we believe the pay cut he has taken 600-650 is way overs on what he has shown.

His manager tartak deserves a gold medal for getting him the deal.
He got that deal because no other club was stupid enough to want to pay anywhere near that for him. We are a dumb , desperate club from top to bottom.

Schuster's best season by far was when Des played him in the backrow in 2021. It was a breakout year for Josh. I hope he finds that form again in 2024. With Brooks at six and a fit Turbo we will be lethal if he does.

His form and fitness has significantly gone backwards after 2021. Crazy to see a player drop off so much in such little time after we know what he can do.
Safe to say he will never be that dominant voice on the field we all wanted him to be to control a game.
The backrow or bust from now on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8