The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Man, unbelievable schuster saga!! Has played 30 mins. this season to justify his price tag. We are trying to win a premiership here, and captain of manly??? Someone needs sacking, lucky to make semis this year, Schuster needs to have a go or the sack !!!! What a joke.
I don't look at it that way Gary, Schuster having an ambition to be the Manly Captain shows us where he wants to be. And to be the Captain he'll need to perform well on a weekly basis, I'm right behind him. Also, welcome aboard the Silvertails..

Seems it's always a shroud of mystery when it comes to actually knowing the true figures on what top earning players get. Does anybody know what DCE's final 2 seasons will cost us ?. On Club announcements, it's all over the shop, first it was Brooks on a 3yr deal.. ops..then it got changed to a 4yr deal then people were making up figures off the top of their heads, on what he'll get a season...now throw in Schuster into the mix...jeez...who knows..
There in lies the problem.The media get tonnes of mileage out of stories like whether a club is able to fit a player under the cap or,like this week,where they’re debating whether Schuster is worth the $$ they are reporting to be paying him.Whilst they’re getting highly paid,no matter what the real figure is,I do have a little sympathy for them because of all the unfair targeting and innuendo

I don't look at it that way Gary, Schuster having an ambition to be the Manly Captain shows us where he wants to be. And to be the Captain he'll need to perform well on a weekly basis, I'm right behind him. Also, welcome aboard the Silvertails..
Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition and a goal to work towards.Not as if he’s demanding that he be captain or he’ll walk out

I like Schu and am glad he has resigned. I don’t really care about what $ he is on - some guys will play above their value, some to and some below their value. It’s about trying to get a $12.2m squad playing above the combined value.

Of all my concerns about him, it’s that he doesn’t look happy within himself. He looks like a guy with the weight of the world on his shoulders, for whatever reason.

I may be wrong (he might just be a serious person), and I hope I am, because he is only young and should be enjoying his best years.
He probably feels the weight of expectations around him and as Seibold has said Josh copped a real pile on about his fitness etc when he had the month off.
Josh looks to have a great relationship with DCE and definitely looks a lot more relaxed when DCE is playing.

Seems it's always a shroud of mystery when it comes to actually knowing the true figures on what top earning players get. Does anybody know what DCE's final 2 seasons will cost us ?. On Club announcements, it's all over the shop, first it was Brooks on a 3yr deal.. ops..then it got changed to a 4yr deal then people were making up figures off the top of their heads, on what he'll get a season...now throw in Schuster into the mix...jeez...who knows..
I think it can be stated as a fact that several Silvertails present imaginary scenarios, whipped into existence from the neocortex part of their brains. It's better to presume fantasy is at play, though I do suspect their pre frontal cortex gets a fair workout in spinning deception and lies.

Jesus some posters just love sticking the boot in regardless of facts
All he said was he'd love to captain Manly in the near future and was one of his goals, WTF is the problem with that.

He's got plenty of work to do and it's good to see he has some personal goals to motivate him to get the work done.

Cmon Shuey, stick it back up them.

IMG_0059.jpeg

Just got the email

So he has signed for less than his current deal, and less than other offers. Good sign of his commitment. Now he needs to start giving consistent performances and living up to the promise he has shown sporadically.

Wonder how many others would sign for less because they love playing for us and believe in the vision for the club.

Schu should be applauded for that.

I wish him the best and hope he continues the hard work so we can all see him fulfill his potential on the field.

Go Josh and go Manly!

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8