The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m very whelmed with this news.

2.5mill for 3 years is a lot for someone who has only shown glimpses of some fancy no look passes to Turbo.

Really needs to take the line on and run first. Doesn’t seem to like the tough stuff or getting tackled.

Also really poor defender.

Geez I hope I’m wrong about him.
Yep I don't get it. Has he ever run a good line , busted a tackle and scored?
The only way this could be a value buy is if he plays lock and he's able to play to his strengths consistently.
I hope I am wrong too

Totally. Schuster has had a couple of games with Turbo in the team for great results when Turbo was switched on.

Seibold and ST puppets are very short sighted.

Given that we win 70% of games when Tom plays ...... Every single player ... including Daffy Duck and Gonzo ... have great results when Tom is in the team and switched on ...

In fact ... I reckon even I would get great results playing in a team with Tom firing ... Fair Dinkum even @Ryan would get great results when Tom is in the team and switched on ...

I reckon he is 1000/1 to play 6 next year. No way Brooks is coming here to play 9 or 14. He wouldn’t have even entertained a discussion about it and would re-sign with the Tigers before making such a switch.

Also, no way Manly is prepared to spend 800k + 650k on two guys with a ‘wait and see who performs’ type arrangement. Those salaries indicate that both players will be in the starting team together.
From what we know of Brooks, he was keen to get out of the Tigers for a while now (he wanted to join the Knights last year). I don’t believe he was ever going to stay on with them but his preference was to stay in Sydney so yeah personally I feel there is a chance he would be happy to play hooker in our team.

I just feel like if we’re willing to give Schuster $800k per year then we haven’t completely ruled him out of being a spine player as yet.

We also need to keep in mind that the cap increase has led to more inflated salaries, so previously if a player was worth $650k mark they would now be worth around $800k.

The difference? Work rate, intensity, effort…

People recognise that Croker is not a highly skilled hooker (has his days tho) but the thing nobody questions is his effort and therefore the fact that he is giving it his absolute all…

He and Schu are polar opposites in that regard… when was the last time you saw Schu walk off the field bloodied and spent like Froggy looks after almost every game?
I think this is great news but I agree with your sentiment. I think it now becomes Jakes job to rectify this. He and Crokes should not run themselves into the dirt whilst others (coz it's not just Shu) put in half the effort. It beggers belief they haven't been shamed into at this point. Time to get a rocket up them coz Jakes career will also be cut short if they dont get some mongrel into them very soon.
Give it 2 years and i reckon we will be saying the same thing about an 800k player. Happy to eat my words though
Yeah, you could be right mate but I'm hoping that won't be the case.

Considering all these extensions etc you have to think DCE is taking a cut?

From memory,
That's what was reported at the time of his extension.

Also a change of position was mooted as a possibility at the time too, dependant on the teams needs.

I think this is awesome news. We know how the guy can play. Imagine him going elsewhere and becoming a superstar. With the talent around him he will be terrific.
Turbo
Saab/Paulo
Koula
Schu
Brookes
Left side attack will be dynamic. But they need to spend all summer on defensive setup, technique and execution.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8