The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Schu saga just reminds me of Moses Suli. Massively talented kid that blitzed all in juniors. It all came too easily for them so they thought 1st grade would be the same. Didn't put in the required work ethics, resulted in injuries which resulted in weight gain and then it's just been a harder and harder cycle to push the body through the pain barriers required to get back to peak condition. Suli has never realised that potential and Schu is headed in the same direction.
My thoughts exactly

The Schu saga just reminds me of Moses Suli. Massively talented kid that blitzed all in juniors. It all came too easily for them so they thought 1st grade would be the same. Didn't put in the required work ethics, resulted in injuries which resulted in weight gain and then it's just been a harder and harder cycle to push the body through the pain barriers required to get back to peak condition. Suli has never realised that potential and Schu is headed in the same direction.
But ,but -He sees himself as being the best to ever play.

But ,but -He sees himself as being the best to ever play.
That's when my sympathy for Schu goes out the window when he makes statements like that and he brings pressure on himself. If you know yourself you can't handle the pressure don't say dumb sh*t.

I think Schu has talent he just needs to keep his head down and show it on the field or maybe follow the Trbo family approach which oozes humility!

I get the comparison, but Moses didn't have anything like the constant media scrutiny the Schu has had to endure. To me, that's the biggest difference.

Seems like every hack rugby league journo is out to kick Josh, and has been for the last couple of years. His name can't be mentioned without some reference to his weight, his price tag ($800K, which I'm pretty sure is a made-up figure that's been repeated so many times it's now accepted as fact) or his laziness (again, assumed but accepted as fact).

I know the best way for him to shut them up is to go out there and play well, and I hope he does just that, but we might have to show a little more patience for now.

He's only 22. He's learning.. making mistakes.. he will mature and improve. He needs time. I feel like just because he's on more money he should be exempt from what other 22 years are allowed. Media pressure is much bigger on him too. He will learn to deal with it. You can't teach the skills he has. He's the same age as Ben T and Ben T doesnt have the pressure or time that he's getting. Too many people jump on Josh back as soon as he has a bad game. I think he's going to defend better in the backrow like did in his first season there. Less reads... the boy can tackle one on one.
Yeah he’s only young but the window is short for these kids and the fact that he is now looking at a back row spot says a lot… the coin he is on DOES make the pressure higher tho, of course it does in a competition with a salary cap…

Personally I could care less what coin he was on if he is turning up but imo (and it is ONLY my opinion) I feel he lets the team down with his poor extra efforts (he is not alone here… Aloiai, Keppie, Harper, Tent, Bullemor - there were plenty of offenders last season).
I agree that it is his reads that are poor but it is also lazy footwork in defence when he is gassed (which is often unfortunately)… sure he gets bumped off every now and then in a 1-on-1 but so does everyone else, my issue with him is he gets himself into poor positions defensively and has a tendency to switch off when the attack is not directed straight at him… jmo and, in the end, he is a NRL-level player getting paid good coin and I am not so good luck to him…

Mateo didn’t cause as much angst,nor was he on a big contract,nor did he have a manager who caused as much problems for his client and club,but yes,Mateo didn’t reach his full potential
I meant he’s a big unit with silky skills that was highly inconsistent and frustrating to watch… but your other points are well taken…

I meant he’s a big unit with silky skills that was highly inconsistent and frustrating to watch… but your other points are well taken…
The other player I keep thinking of when I think of Schuster and his career so far is Bryce Cartwright. Both seemingly too big for the halves but too skilful for the forwards, flashes of brilliance, high expectations and a lot of inconsistency. Cartwright looked incredible when he first debuted for Penrith. He then floundered at the Titans for a few years, with plenty of questions about his commitment and application, but has since turned into a pretty consistent backrower at the Eels. Let's hope Josh gets there a little sooner than Cartwright did.

I agree that Schuster needs to get some time on the field and maintain fitness. Other than his initial games and 2021, he's certainly disappointed. Injuries are no doubt a factor but its also personal resolve and taking control of his game. I read comparisons to Suli and Cartwright, and suggestions he's heading the same path. Certainly hope not because he's far more talented than that pair. He's just got to assert himself and use what he's got.

Yeah he’s only young but the window is short for these kids and the fact that he is now looking at a back row spot says a lot… the coin he is on DOES make the pressure higher tho, of course it does in a competition with a salary cap…

Personally I could care less what coin he was on if he is turning up but imo (and it is ONLY my opinion) I feel he lets the team down with his poor extra efforts (he is not alone here… Aloiai, Keppie, Harper, Tent, Bullemor - there were plenty of offenders last season).
I agree that it is his reads that are poor but it is also lazy footwork in defence when he is gassed (which is often unfortunately)… sure he gets bumped off every now and then in a 1-on-1 but so does everyone else, my issue with him is he gets himself into poor positions defensively and has a tendency to switch off when the attack is not directed straight at him… jmo and, in the end, he is a NRL-level player getting paid good coin and I am not so good luck to him…
All valid points. He's also struggled for fitness. Due to injury and eating issues. Again coming down to luck and maturity. He needs to eat well and stay fit. His defence issues won't be as bad in the second row but maybe he should only play 50-60 until his fitness improves to reduce his bad reads/defence.

I think he will come good though. Justl

We are whipping ourselves into a frenzy based on the last few years and a few injuries.

For me I'm pressing pause on the Shuster chat for at least 8 weeks or so till we see how his move to the back row plays out.

I think this season will be pretty defining.

Schuster will be boom or bust this season. I can't see much happening in between those extremes. At this stage, I am sticking with "boom" and predict that 2024 will "finally" be Schuster's year. If that happens, Brookes clicks, and Turbo stays fit, we make the top four. There is not a question in my mind that we won't make the top four.

Given the way Burbo is playing, I think Schuster needs to get a crack at 13. He could really unlock the attack on both sides.

This is the forwards I’d go with:

8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Mole
12. Burbo
13. Brown (20 mins at the start and end of the game)
14. Lawton/Jamie/Gordie
15. Lodge
16. Bully/Aloiai/Sipley
17. Schuster (20 minutes before and after halftime)

Given the way Burbo is playing, I think Schuster needs to get a crack at 13. He could really unlock the attack on both sides.

This is the forwards I’d go with:

8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Mole
12. Burbo
14. Lawton/Jamie/Gordie
15. Lodge
16. Bully/Aloiai/Sipley
Sounds good, now we just need Schu to cut it as a forward as well.

8. Jake
9. Croker
10. Paseka
11. Mole
12. Burbo
14. Lawton/Jamie/Gordie
15. Lodge
16. Bully/Aloiai/Sipley
The Schu is one of my favorite players and in the past he has shown us how Great he can be

But we do not live in the past and at present our all our hard working members of our pack deserve their Vegas World Stage Winning spots

My motto is respect is earned and not given
and what the Schu needs to do is earn the right to play in our pack
and Unless he gets him self super fit to keep up with the pace of the game
he will not fulfill his enormous potential

Come on Schu
Its Time to
1709780671018.png

Does anyone know if he's still injured? And if so, when he will be back?
Assumed he would be getting some time for blavktown before returning to firsts?

Does anyone know if he's still injured? And if so, when he will be back?
Assumed he would be getting some time for blavktown before returning to firsts?
He is scheduled back from injury round 2
But he has a lot of work to do
Blacktown is the place to do it

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14