The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well he just proved today that we are now stuck with an $800K NSW cup player for the next 4 years.
And do we really need Brooks when we have Arthur (and Humphreys) on the books?

In saying that, I think Brooks will have a big point to prove. Saw him in the Tigers’ dugout during the game, he looked pumped to get out there (at the greatest suburban ground in Sydney) next year.

And do we really need Brooks when we have Arthur (and Humphreys) on the books?

In saying that, I think Brooks will have a big point to prove. Saw him in the Tigers’ dugout during the game, he looked pumped to get out there (at the greatest suburban ground in Sydney) next year.
Arthur and Humphries are good reserve graders. Not top 4 NRL squad players. We'll need more than Brooks. Schuster , Weekes and Tuilagi weren't very good today.

Cliffy and Beaver were the ultimate combo, but its not as if Cliffy never delivered when Beaver was not on the field. Schuster seems to be a diamond when Turbo is on the field. If Schu and Manly are fortunate, Turbo plays most of 2024 and the team goes deep into September and Schu wins a Dally M medal. The odds of Turbo playing a full season are not high, but maybe he's due for luck. Planning a 2024 premiership strategy on luck though is nuts.

Cliffy and Beaver were the ultimate combo, but its not as if Cliffy never delivered when Beaver was not on the field. Schuster seems to be a diamond when Turbo is on the field. If Schu and Manly are fortunate, Turbo plays most of 2024 and the team goes deep into September and Schu wins a Dally M medal. The odds of Turbo playing a full season are not high, but maybe he's due for luck. Planning a 2024 premiership strategy on luck though is nuts.
And this is the qunadrium we find ourselves in. Turbo plays virtually a full season and he'll have Schuster riding alongside him looking every inch that classy ball playing backrower we had in 2021.

And this is the qunadrium we find ourselves in.
I knew we were in some sort of qunadrium but thanks for explaining it's true nature :)

As for Schu, I doubt many here have been more disappointed than I in his form over the last 2 seasons. But ... I'm confident he'll come good!

Although unpopular and even derided in some quarters, I rate Seibold as a smart coach... it is pretty obvious when you think about it that Schu was re-signed on a good long-term deal in full knowledge of that poor form. I'll back Seibold and Schu himself to get him playing well in NRL, not to say it will happen from the get-go next year but I do think it will happen. Our chances of premiership victory are closely tied to his success.

Either way we can all enjoy the ride over the next year or two as his career plays out, so better get ready, it's SchuTime!
Tim Burton Halloween GIF by Freeform

I don’t think they bought Arthur because they thought he was a reserve grader.

As for Humphreys, maybe we should wait until he starts playing first grade and shows his wares (or otherwise) at that level, before we condemn him to reserve grader status.
We'd be the only club in the NRL who didn't think that then.

WORST RECRUITMENT

A couple of weeks ago $800,000 Sydney Roosters hooker Brandon Smith was a serious contender but he’s been outstanding in the last fortnight. There’s also been a few at the Bulldogs who haven’t aimed up.

However, the worst was Manly’s recent decision to put Josh Schuster on an $800,000-a-season four-year contract. He’s not worth half of that amount and it’s created huge salary cap pressure at Brookvale that could force outstanding edge forward Haumole Olakau’atu to be squeezed out. He’s on $300,000 less than Schuster.

I didn't write that but I can't disagree. **** him off.

WORST RECRUITMENT

A couple of weeks ago $800,000 Sydney Roosters hooker Brandon Smith was a serious contender but he’s been outstanding in the last fortnight. There’s also been a few at the Bulldogs who haven’t aimed up.

However, the worst was Manly’s recent decision to put Josh Schuster on an $800,000-a-season four-year contract. He’s not worth half of that amount and it’s created huge salary cap pressure at Brookvale that could force outstanding edge forward Haumole Olakau’atu to be squeezed out. He’s on $300,000 less than Schuster.

I didn't write that but I can't disagree. **** him off.

This reads like a management ploy to secure a client yet another mid-contract upgrade...

Not going to read all the other posts, but I will give Schuster some credit in some areas

He has been battered from pillar to post from all angles consistently for over a year. Not once has he said anything against the club, dropped his lip, claimed racism etc. All we hear from him is that he loves the place. Compare that attitude to Latrell Mitchell any time he cops criticism on his performance, talks of retirement, racism, woe is me, i need a break etc

I’ll chuck Brooks a compliment in that regard as well. Has been 5-6 years he has been copping it relentlessly, easy option would be to piss off to Super League, but he has just kept his head down and mouth shut and kept going

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8