The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Schuster is amazing, and should be able to play both sides of the ruck. At 5/8, he sticks to our left and DCE right (mostly).

Putting him in the 13, allows him to rove more in attack.

Just my opinion

We can afford to play him at 13, as long as Jake and Croker are playing. We need another tackle machine for next year though.

It's a no brainer for me, especially given Shus size....he needs to run more.

Schuster is amazing, and should be able to play both sides of the ruck. At 5/8, he sticks to our left and DCE right (mostly).

Putting him in the 13, allows him to rove more in attack.

Just my opinion

We got rid of Foran (who was cheap, performing well and wanted to play here) so that Schuster could play #6 instead of in the second row... then less than a year later, we instead sign a 200-game halfback on a 4-year deal while DCE is here for another 2.5 years.

I'm not sure Schuster is going to stay, and if he does, he'll be on a lot of money for an edge forward. I hope he earns it.

Would be real interesting to know if the numbers on the contract went up or down…

If they have any sense at all it will be a lower base number with lucrative incentive bonuses …

Manly have to stop paying kids on potential and offer them skills training and performance bonuses as incentives… the Fainu’s cost us a fortune and in the end we got S.F.A. out of them…

We got rid of Foran (who was cheap, performing well and wanted to play here) so that Schuster could play #6 instead of in the second row... then less than a year later, we instead sign a 200-game halfback on a 4-year deal while DCE is here for another 2.5 years.

I'm not sure Schuster is going to stay, and if he does, he'll be on a lot of money for an edge forward. I hope he earns it.
Brooks is durable at least… he has averaged around 19 games per season for 11 years!

Granted that he only make about 20 tackles in the first 6 years but he has definitely stepped up in defence over the last few years… Foz 2.0 was on the park most of the time but he has had some injuries this season…

I hope he leaves. We will get an elite hooker if he does.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is Schu has been told there is a switch on the cards and it's a case of take it or leave it. Going off what he has said in the past (I can be the best player in the NRL) and his manager agitating to get Foran sold off, he will leave it and look elsewhere. Just speculating.
Which team would take him at 800K? IMO no team would take him on at that.

Schuster only has this season to play 5/8 and I don't see him in the backrow unless his work rate picks up. I could see Schuster exploring his options now since he will no longer be player 5/8.
I hope so. Right now he is not worth the 800K we are supposed to be paying him. His obvious potential over the years has evolved into wasted talent in the present. Arguably, he has had his chance and has blown it.

Last edited:
Wow ... I am trying to get my head around how quickly the narrative in this thread changed.

It seems only a week ago I was being abused for some moderate criticism...

Now punters are loudly calling for him to be punted out the door.

The Shooey is a prodigious talent ... it will be very sad if he doesn't achieve his potential somewhere.

I still hope it is here at manly.

Wow ... I am trying to get my head around how quickly the narrative in this thread changed.

The Shooey is a prodigious talent ... it will be very sad if he doesn't achieve his potential somewhere.

I have been in his corner since day one until probably a cpl of days ago. Probably has to do with the money he is requesting/offered. His form when we needed him to step up. Factoring in his fitness issues and ability to stay on the park. It's really become a no brainer for me. We could do some damage with the money being reserved for him, and I can't confidently say he will ever turn out to be anything more than untapped potential. For me it's a matter of risk vs reward with Josh, and it's definitely more of a risk in my opinion

Seems a lot of supporters here on ST suffer from dementia. Short term memory of a couple of weeks.

You see it on almost every thread. Sack DCE, DCE is a God, time to get rid of Turbo, Jake overpaid just because he is Tommys bro, Jake is the lifeblood of this club etc etc.

All the pensioners must have nothing better to do in life, or it really is dementia - either way, I am sorry.

God help this thread when Schu has a few good weeks - sign him for life!!

I have been in his corner since day one until probably a cpl of days ago. Probably has to do with the money he is requesting/offered. His form when we needed him to step up. Factoring in his fitness issues and ability to stay on the park. It's really become a no brainer for me. We could do some damage with the money being reserved for him, and I can't confidently say he will ever turn out to be anything more than untapped potential. For me it's a matter of risk vs reward with Josh, and it's definitely more of a risk in my opinion
Same. The last straw for me has been his inability to stand on his own two feet without having DCE alongside him. That and his delusional assessment of his ability recently, and his general petulance and disinterest in some games has been enough for me.

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10