The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So, Moylan is being offered a big Third Party incentive....
Could he be the face of Lottoland next season?
Frankly, I'm not sure about his recruitment. I'm worried that the big money we'd outlay may impede the progress of our younger stars-to-be, and have them looking elsewhere.
My opinion is that we need a running second-rower more than a 5/8.
Running second rowers are more easily to come by than freak 5/8's

Yeah May being out is a curve ball in all this. That said, if he has told Penrith he doesn't want to be there why bother keeping him.

Surely a young junior keen to make his mark would be better than a guy who doesnt want to be in the 'riff team.

If they need to, they can switch Wallace to 5/8 and play someone else at hooker. Don't they have Mitch Rein on their books.

Yeah May being out is a curve ball in all this. That said, if he has told Penrith he doesn't want to be there why bother keeping him.

Surely a young junior keen to make his mark would be better than a guy who doesnt want to be in the 'riff team.
Who says he has told them he doesn't want to be there?

Who says he has told them he doesn't want to be there?

Fair point, this could all be a smoke screen.

Seems odd though that he didnt play in the finals on the weekend, unless the club felt it was best for him to have the season off an start fresh next year.

Fair point, this could all be a smoke screen.

Seems odd though that he didnt play in the finals on the weekend, unless the club felt it was best for him to have the season off an start fresh next year.
It was a genuine question, it's just that there is a lot of rumour going around if there had been a quote or some such might have swayed me to think it might happen.

Just did my weekly snoop on the panthers forum and looks like they are admitting that Moylan wont be there in 18 . Some are tipping Merrin or Wallace to be captain. I'll keep you updated on my Weekly snoop scoop..
A few more are now saying because of the May injury that they think Moylan will still walk as he is not happy there . Its going to come down whether gus releases him or makes him stay and be unhappy. I think he'll walk with Goulds blessing as he wont want an unhappy camper within the playing group. This could get messy .

A few more are now saying because of the May injury that they think Moylan will still walk as he is not happy there . Its going to come down whether gus releases him or makes him stay and be unhappy. I think he'll walk with Goulds blessing as he wont want an unhappy camper within the playing group. This could get messy .

Agree, he won't be at Penrith but of course no guarantee he'll be at Manly either ( apparently the Sharks are bidding as well).

Definitely can't see Gus making him stay when he's not happy. That would be quite toxic over four years. Also Gus made a throw away comment regarding Moylan and the Blues. He was going on about how toxic the environment is before saying "Matt Moylan came back from camp and I asked him, what did you learn. And he told me I'm not being paid enough." No way Moylan would be happy about that being handed out to the public. And no way Gus Gould makes a statement like that about a senior star player he wants to hold onto.

The Moylan situation at Penrith is untenable; that much is obvious to anyone regardless of who you happen to speak to. He doesn't want to be at Penrith and Penrith don't want an unhappy player on 800K when they need to sure up Clearly who is going to command a mil.

He loves Barrett, he loves the beach, we have money and a spot at 6 with Green halfway out the door. We are in the box seat.

There will be other clubs trying to trump our offer but they don't have the same drawcard that we have. He is walking and unless something happens to squander the deal, he will be an Eagle.

The Moylan situation at Penrith is untenable; that much is obvious to anyone regardless of who you happen to speak to. He doesn't want to be at Penrith and Penrith don't want an unhappy player on 800K when they need to sure up Clearly who is going to command a mil.

He loves Barrett, he loves the beach, we have money and a spot at 6 with Green halfway out the door. We are in the box seat.

There will be other clubs trying to trump our offer but they don't have the same drawcard that we have. He is walking and unless something happens to squander the deal, he will be an Eagle.
I know Bozo and Gus have a no poaching arrangement so is there any idea on what the financials would be?
If Gus let him come to us I wonder if it would be a 50/50 split on his current contract or more our way for the goodwill of letting him go.
I'm probably more at 600k than 8.
He was probably worth that to them then before the emergence of those other blokes.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8