The Manly Way

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I bet Brooks is stoked he got out of that one!
Looks like Nathan Brown was the only older squad member involved. Good to see him pushing through and not standing on his laurels. His name was on the honour rolls for trainer of the week and Manly mentality of the week in a photo posted here not long ago. I'd wager it was for his performance in the week this was filmed.

Think that's Tommy Talau
Nah, it's not Tommy.

It's this lad up in the corner.

It's not Hoppa's boy that's signed as a development player next year is it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112-192658.png
    Screenshot_20240112-192658.png
    319 KB · Views: 49
The Manly Way has to be the club's best fan initiative ever. Long may it continue.
Interesting to note that the best trainers of the week include a number of players who are either new to the club and/or have a real point to prove in 2024.
Week One - Kobe Rugless
Week Two - Ben Trbojevic
Week Three - Luke Brooks
Week Four - Nathan Brown
Week Five - Jacob Arthur

I bet Brooks is stoked he got out of that one!
Yeah, weird that he didn’t seem to be involved in it. Maybe Ennis is working with he Froggy, Schuster, DCE and Turbo to get combinations going. Maybe a niggling injury. Who knows, however, it’s odd he wasn’t, or didn’t appear to be there.

There is obviously a clear reason as to why Brooks was not involved, however, what it is, who knows!

The other guys in the team did this for a week last year, so I guess Seibs decided they did not need to do it again. From a ‘team’ perspective, I am not quite sure how it works, other than it’s very military based with the ‘newbies’ being the cadets. Let’s hope it works!

Arthur looks huge now and Brown clearly has a point to prove. Barring injuries, we could be in for a very interesting season in 2024. One can only hope.

Interesting selection panel for the 16 on the camp:
  • No Brooks
  • Jake Arthur played last year
  • Cory Waddell already has played for Manly
  • Seems some others from 2023 were in there
Seibs is really going in hard with the mad men Lodge and Brown. I hope it comes off for us. Seems like a crash or crash through strategy.

I keep comparing in my mind Jake Arthur with Cooper Johns, I think we kept the right one!

Once again loved it. Really well done to all involved for creating this series for the fans. Much appreciated.

Like a few others I was surprised no Brooks? I'd liked seeing his enthusiasm in the first few episodes. Must have been a good reason for him missing the camp.

I am generally a grumpy old cynical bastard but this series has even got me pumped up and feeling confident for the season ahead. Hurry up footy season. I really want to see what this team can do.

I don't want it to stop. I wish this "The Manly Way" series could continue throughout the footy season as well and we can be flies on the wall and share the highs and lows.

Without question, yes.

I wish we had signed Arthur a little sooner, if he had played in some of those early games instead of Johns, I think we would have made the 8.
Given his work ethic it’s going to be hard to leave him out of the team all year. He doesn’t really fit into our top 17 but I’m interested to see how Seibs works it.

It was mostly the younger players and a few of the newer ones like Brown, Matterson, Waddell, Arthur

Brooks has been around a long time, guess that’s why he wasn’t required to attend

Some of the younger players included that I spotted were;

Lehi Hopoate.
James Uesele
Bailey Hodgson
Tommy Talau
Jaxson Paulo
Charlie Thompson
Aitasi James
Kobe Rugless
Tylor Bunting
Clayton Faulalo

Last edited:
The Manly Way has to be the club's best fan initiative ever. Long may it continue.
Interesting to note that the best trainers of the week include a number of players who are either new to the club and/or have a real point to prove in 2024.
Week One - Kobe Rugless
Week Two - Ben Trbojevic
Week Three - Luke Brooks
Week Four - Nathan Brown
Week Five - Jacob Arthur
Does Kobe have a sibling called Osaka?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16