The Manly CENTRE dilemma is coming...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
No problem at all, that is a perfectly reasonable point of view and thanks for explaining. I only wondered about what you were getting at because in your initial comment you used quite evocative words like favouritism, usurp, and his agenda. But if you simply mean you and Des like different players in different positions then you'll be reassured that so many agree with you!

As it happens I don't. I said before the season began that Foz would be 5/8 and I didn't think Schuster would be in our Round 1 team. But that Des would certainly bring him in sooner than later, with a view to having him a key man by season's end. Similar with Haumole, I thought he would need a few games in reserve grade before getting in. The reasoning in part being that the season is so long, and the adjustment to first grade is significant, and it's hard to expect a young player to come in a play all year at a high standard. So bring them in later when they can ride the wave all the way to the end.

As for Schu at 5/8, I'm sure we'll get to see it at some stage. I was quite surprised how well he handled second row when he came on against Souths and he's done well there ever since. Whether he is more value to the side at 5/8 or second row time will tell. He's a pretty big bloke already! However I'm sure we both agree that he has to stay in the side now, regardless of the errors.
Ditto.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have given a lot of thought how we best use Suli. He is the same size and weighs 3 kilos more than one of our best props namely Aloiai. He has greater speed but struggles in his defensive reads in space and has appeared at times to lack effort and energy. I think he is a square peg in a round hole playing in the centers. IMO he could make a good backrower provided he can develop a strong work ethic. If anybody can bring that out in him Des can.

Last edited:

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Take note Silvertails - the two posts above showcase the benefits of an exceptionally well put together argument.

I'm damned if I can pick a winner.

Ah Kevinward777, flattery will get you everywhere, and thanks for your thoughts. But I would suspect SER8 and myself would not be thinking in terms of winners and losers and the only true winner is increased knowledge and awareness, which is the essential aim of all good debate. Best wishes.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Ah Kevinward777, flattery will get you everywhere, and thanks for your thoughts. But I would suspect SER8 and myself would not be thinking in terms of winners and losers and the only true winner is increased knowledge and awareness, which is the essential aim of all good debate. Best wishes.
Amen.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Perspective time....

The Essential Attributes of dominant backs
Speed
Strength
Skill

Slow Stalls and If you dont have the pace you are not in the race

Speed Thrills Speed Kills and the faster you go . The bigger the mediocre mess you leave behind

Demonstration of the Destructive and Demoralizing Speed Strentgh and Skill
Enjoy the Thrill

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
We love Manly
Meat pies , Line breaks , Tries
Kangaroos
and Turbo cars

Our Finals Journey towards our Historic Record Breaking and Opposition ball breaking 40 Nil Demolition .

Enjoy the Line Breaks ..... Trys assists .... and ....Tries ... Tries ....Tries.....Tries !!!

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No line Breaks
No try assists
No Tries
No Premiership winning threat
A small number of players can create a line break. It is a team game and most are created by the team manoeuvring into a position where the defenders are put under stress, to the point their defence fails. No side* can afford to have a Test player in every position.

*not counting Storm and chooks
Manly is not Mediocre
Actually we are, but are definitely on the improve. May it continue!

Edit: we have improved to the point we are now mediocre!. Which is a lot better than where we were. We're going in the right direction.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
A small number of players can create a line break. It is a team game and most are created by the team manoeuvring into a position where the defenders are put under stress, to the point their defence fails. No side* can afford to have a Test player in every position.

*not counting Storm and chooks

Actually we are, but are definitely on the improve. May it continue!
Facts
All Players that posses Superior Speed skill and Strength make like breaks
Speed , strength and Skill break lines and break games

Facts
It is a team game but the teams with the most dominant players dominate the games

Facts
No side can afford Test players but they can afford great value players that can dominate in games . Players like our very own Line breaker , try assist and try scoring Harpo

Facts
A back that is not capable of making line breaks and scoring tries is like a Sea eagle without wings

Correction
Manly does not stand for Mediocre
Manly stands for Magnificence
and we must always live up to our proud standards

We love Manly
Meat pies , Line breaks , Tries
Kangaroos
and Turbo cars

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
The key is making a half break a try. That's why Turbo is so effective. DCE has that ability if given space, Walker had it, Foran when fully fit. Schuster looks on the way to having it. These are players who win you matches and create space for others such as Harper and Saab. I think we need a little more to go all the way but the team is looking more like a final 8 side, which is amazing given the start. Two players at present are essential to have on the field to create tries, DCE and Turbo.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I find it criminal to lose either centre atm, but the temptation to add Walker, who is dynamic on his day is undeniable....thing is when considering, please note we are scoring 30+ points in attack atm and defence come the big games decides the verdict

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12