The Luke Brooks Book Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I get the feeling that Mestrov has put player agents on notice that players are signed to play football, the club as the employer decides where or at least that's my reading of current happenings
Maybe you're right. But as a club we are way behind the top tier clubs. They are playing chess, we are playing checkers. It's concerning that we are tied up with this drama, where in the meantime North Sydney have become the feeder club to the Storm.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Do you think he's been watching some of our forwards lately?

I think he looked more at the prospect of teaming up with DCE, Turbo and Jake, among others.

Before Turbo's injury, our form against Canberra and the Dolphins was as good as any NRL team has played this year. We could have (still can) given the premiership a fair shake provided we stayed healthy.

When Brooks first came into first grade a decade ago he had pretty big wraps on him and IIRC some people were predicting a bigger future for him than they were his then halves partner Mitch Moses. But while Moses eventually got out and went to Parramatta, Brooks stayed put and a decade of losing Tigers teams has all but killed his reputation and largely his confidence.

If he can get that confidence back at Manly and at the same time we benefit from it ... I won't complain.

As if the Bears would ever agree to be a feeder to our team / the acrimony is deep
It wasn't my point that they were to be our feeder club. I probably should have being more specific...
The Storm have have added the Bears to their existing 2 feeder clubs (Sunshine Coast and Brisbane Easts)...which gives them a total of 3 feeder clubs.
Meanwhile we have the leftovers of Western Sydney as our feeder club...
Then you have the Bulldogs raiding Jacob Prestons from the Manly A-grade League.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think he looked more at the prospect of teaming up with DCE, Turbo and Jake, among others.

Before Turbo's injury, our form against Canberra and the Dolphins was as good as any NRL team has played this year. We could have (still can) given the premiership a fair shake provided we stayed healthy.

When Brooks first came into first grade a decade ago he had pretty big wraps on him and IIRC some people were predicting a bigger future for him than they were his then halves partner Mitch Moses. But while Moses eventually got out and went to Parramatta, Brooks stayed put and a decade of losing Tigers teams has all but killed his reputation and largely his confidence.

If he can get that confidence back at Manly and at the same time we benefit from it ... I won't complain.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right - I was sort only joking. Well, sort of. I'm afraid a couple are not filling me, let alone a potential new player that will be playing behind them, with any great confidence.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Close but no cigar @Ryan IMHO

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Tommy Talau
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Josh Aloiai

18. Ben Trbojevic

Here's my take. I like a good yart.

1.trbojevic
2.saab
3.koula
4.garrick
5.paulo
6.brooks
7.cherry
8.paseka
9.croker
10.trbojevic
11.olakau'atu
12.schuster
13.keppie

14.gckt
15.sipley
16.tuilagi
17.aloiai

Ideally, I think we're better off without shoe and aloiai. Don't extend Bully either and try and sign a backrower and a lock/prop for the starting 13. Keppie back to the pine.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It wasn't my point that they were to be our feeder club. I probably should have being more specific...
The Storm have have added the Bears to their existing 2 feeder clubs (Sunshine Coast and Brisbane Easts)...which gives them a total of 3 feeder clubs.
Meanwhile we have the leftovers of Western Sydney as our feeder club...
Then you have the Bulldogs raiding Jacob Prestons from the Manly A-grade League.
How do you get 3 feeder clubs?

1.trbojevic
2.saab
3.koula
4.garrick
5.paulo
6.brooks
7.cherry
8.paseka
9.croker
10.trbojevic
11.olakau'atu
12.schuster
13.keppie

14.gckt
15.sipley
16.tuilagi
17.aloiai

Ideally, I think we're better off without shoe and aloiai. Don't extend Bully either and try and sign a backrower and a lock/prop for the starting 13. Keppie back to the pine.
which shoe are you talking about?

eagleron

Bencher
Maybe you're right. But as a club we are way behind the top tier clubs. They are playing chess, we are playing checkers. It's concerning that we are tied up with this drama, where in the meantime North Sydney have become the feeder club to the Storm.
Our methods of the past eight years have gotten us nowhere, as you say we're way behind the top tier clubs but with current goings on I'm encouraged that Mestrov is getting the ball rolling in the right direction, a lot still to be done but for me at least it's finally something to be a little excited about

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

1.trbojevic
2.saab
3.koula
4.garrick
5.paulo
6.brooks
7.cherry
8.paseka
9.croker
10.trbojevic
11.olakau'atu
12.schuster
13.keppie

14.gckt
15.sipley
16.tuilagi
17.aloiai

Bully has been very good this season, outside of Tent he would be the most consistent forward.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
My 2024 YART.....

FB – Tom Trbojevic
WG – Jason Saab
CE – Tolu Koula
CE – Reuben Garrick
WG – Jaxson Paulo
FE – Luke Brooks
HB – Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR – Taniela Paseka
HK – Lachlan Croker
PR – Jake Trbojevic
SR – Haumole Olakau'atu
SR – Ben Trbojevic
LK – Josh Schuster

Bench – Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Sean Keppie, Toafofoa Sipley, Ethan Bullemor

Last edited:

eagleron

Bencher

1.trbojevic
2.saab
3.koula
4.garrick
5.paulo
6.brooks
7.cherry
8.paseka
9.croker
10.trbojevic
11.olakau'atu
12.schuster
13.keppie

14.gckt
15.sipley
16.tuilagi
17.aloiai

I like the side Knuckles although we've been screaming out For a genuine 9 for years, I like Croker but I'd much prefer to see him in the 14 and Gordy in the 9, I know he needs to work on his defence but we've been too long without creativity from dummy half

KNUCKLES

Bencher
I like the side Knuckles although we've been screaming out For a genuine 9 for years, I like Croker but I'd much prefer to see him in the 14 and Gordy in the 9, I know he needs to work on his defence but we've been too long without creativity from dummy half
Yeah I agree with you in relation to us needing a number 9. I think we may just have to persist with what we have now til Gordon is ready. Due to the fact of our cap and we may have a gooden on our hands already in time. I have Croker starting to ease Gordon into the swing of 1st grade, where Croker can just tackle and tough out the early starts. That, and Gordon can come on fresh around tiring forwards and utilise his running game. All a matter of opinion though mate

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Or at the very least Gordy on the bench to give Croker a break. We can at least start to get an idea if he's up to it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14