The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i said back in February he was crazy to sign with the eels. Roosters dogs, Souths, even raiders knights - anyone but the eels. How many careers have they ruined? Dalai or no Dalai anyone with half a brain would not go there. Career suicide. He's come to his senses at last.

I might be wrong (I was wrong once last year .. I think) but isnt Foran going to be the highest paid player in NRL history starting next year? Higher then DEC, although his is over longer period? If true he should/would hang in their for dear life. All clubs go through ups and downs. I saw an interview with Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide Crows AFL) he made a great comment. He can understand fans getting upset about possible player moments but it is hobby to them (fans), maybe a very serious hobby. To us players it is our livelihood and future.

I might be wrong (I was wrong once last year .. I think) but isnt Foran going to be the highest paid player in NRL history starting next year? Higher then DEC, although his is over longer period? If true he should/would hang in their for dear life. All clubs go through ups and downs. I saw an interview with Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide Crows AFL) he made a great comment. He can understand fans getting upset about possible player moments but it is hobby to them (fans), maybe a very serious hobby. To us players it is our livelihood and future.
Geez if you were only wrong once last year, you've never met my wife...

Where are the odds I posted last week? Looks like Parra are blowing out and the Rorters followed by the Warriors firming hard.

Dessie getting his man has also been spun in a few.

And he rates me as a troll yet again.. Have a hard time differentiating betwixt light hearted humor and actual trolling don't we princess?
And now you change your ratings to dummy spit. You're still a w*nker, but that's not out of the ordinary for Squeelshaha @Chewbaca

My bet is he will end up with his best mate Pearce at the Roosters, now that Maloney is going. As long as he doesn't stay at Manly, I'm happy.

The Roosters do not have a salary cap do they?

Agreed mate, that is really the only club I could see him moving to. It makes sense with the Pearce link as well. I don't think we would be a chance to keep him with the Salary Cap.

With not salary cap as I said earlier they'll get Foran.

I would keep in in a heart beat. How could the Chooks afford him?

Again with no salary cap.

NRL - it is now over to you does the Roosters have a salary cap?

The Oracle (whoever that is) on Twitter has odds for Foran next year being:
Titans $1.90
Us $4
Roosters $5.50

waiting for dave smith to step in and provide the rooster or dogs a salary exemption for foran to join them, to save him from going to another code:eek:

The Oracle (whoever that is) on Twitter has odds for Foran next year being:
Titans $1.90
Us $4
Roosters $5.50
They'd be the most logical choice methinks. They would certainly have a bunch of cap space available, and need a decent half.

But cap space is a moot point with certain clubs, and I'll bet it's a with a slight look of disbelief that we realize that the Rorters have signed Foz, SBW, Hayne, Smith and Thurston next year after letting RTS, Maloney go and generously allowing Pearce to move to Townsville to be "closer to his family"....*

*may or may not be wild speculation, so to the journos trawling this site for information please remember to edit this bit out or you'll look stupiderererer than you are ;)

I think we would have the cap space as we had set aside $9000000 at the start of the year for each of Foz and DCE who signed on for $1.3mil/year but not all of that will count towards cap space both players come under the long serving player allowance and I would love to see him finish in the maroon and white along side DCE.

After the amount of time it took Foran to decide to leave the Sea Eagles, it might take him just as long to make up his mind on this one. Would love to see him stay at Manly but sadly do not think this will happen.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ramatta-eels-deal-report-20150622-ghu7ez.html

Kieran Foran may walk away from Parramatta Eels deal as chairman Steve Sharp gives no guarantees
Date
June 22, 2015 - 1:22PM
  • 350 reading now
Brad Walter

Parramatta chairman Steve Sharp admits he is unable to guarantee star recruit Kieran Foran will join the club next season.

Sharp said he is hopeful Foran won't back out of the four-year, $4.8 million deal he agreed to earlier this season but confirmed that Eels general manager of football Daniel Anderson was re-negotiating some details of the contract after taking over administrative responsibilities handled by departed chief executive Scott Seward.

"The negotiations are being done with Daniel Anderson at the moment," Sharp said. "Daniel is finalising all the paperwork and all of that. Since Scott left, Daniel has taken over all of the negotiations."

Seward's resignation last week has sparked speculation that Foran was getting cold feet and a number of rival clubs are believed to be monitoring the situation.

As Fairfax Media reported in May, Foran has a clause in his contract that would allow him to quit the deal if there was "political instability" at the Eels.

It is believed Parramatta directors were unhappy that Seward allowed the get out clause to be inserted in the contract enabling Foran to quit the club at any time.

The clause effectively guarantees the future of coach Brad Arthur, even if Parramatta finish with their third wooden spoon in four years, as Foran has cited him as the reason he left Manly for the Eels.

Parramatta are also working to ensure they do not fall foul of the salary cap again after being fined $525,000 for breaches last year and threatened with being docked four competition points for next season if they do not make governance changes recommended by an independent review ordered by the NRL.

Sharp admitted the Eels would not want to lose Foran but said the club's priority was getting its house in order.

"Who is more important, the club or an individual?" Sharp said. "The game and the club are bigger than one individual.

"I would love to have Kieran Foran at the club but Daniel knows what we have got to do to secure our future with good governance and all of that sort of stuff so he is working through all of that at the moment.

"I don't see any reason why Kieran Foran wouldn't come. We are offering him very good money and a four-year deal. If he is truly coming because he wants to play football for the Eels ... then I would expect him to be here."
==================================
How can his contract be re=negotiated after round 13 :confused:
It is funny nevertheless, as Foran assumed that his mentor the Dalai had it all sorted at Parra :D

Kieren Foran to join Japanese Rugby club shimano shatsuonya @7th_Tackle

Poor ol' Parramatta mate. Honestly, as bad as we are going this year, my one solace is there is one other team worse than us in the wins / losses - and that's you blokes.

The big difference for me, is that We see light at the end of the tunnel, when guys like Lawrence, Buhrer, Gutherson, Starling (gets some match fitness return).

Your club's a basket case. At least our players see the light & backflip because they WANT to be here.

I hear Luke Dorn is playing well in the 2nd division in England if y'all need a 5/8 for next season..bahahahaha..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To the others, we have:
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

have to squeeze Tom Trbojevic in there somewhere, as well potentially Lewis Brown, who plays centre, Hooker and backrow.

Maybe we can spare ol' Chief some quality players....lord knows the Eels need some.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8