The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MANLY’S AWKWARD FORAN DILEMMA

The Kieran Foran situation at Manly is a big watch. The Sea Eagles have offered Foran another 12-month contract for 2023 valued at around $300,000 per season.

But there is a push from within at Manly for young gun Sea Eagle Josh Schuster to be handed the starting no.6 jumper now he’s back from a syndesmosis injury.

Schuster’s agent Mario Tartak sent the club an email this week reminding them about the immensely talented ball-player being told he was the Sea Eagles long-term no.6.

But Foran has returned to career-best form since reuniting with Manly after an injury-interrupted three seasons at Canterbury-Bankstown.

There’s no question the Sea Eagles are a far more potent side with a Daly Cherry-Evans-Foran halves pairing and Schuster also on the field as an edge backrower.

Manly players have even said as much when asked about it this week.

Since returning to the Sea Eagles at the beginning of 2021, Foran has only missed two games because of a broken hand in the middle of last year.

He’s also prepared to dig deep into the line as well as any other five-eighth in the game - hence why the Sea Eagles have offered him a 12-month extension.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has a strong track record at being one of the best man managers in the game so there’s no doubt Des will strike the right combination in terms of the balance of the Manly side.
If anyone deserves an upgrade it's Kieran, this sort of form from foz is what Parra and Bulldogs bought him for, but never quite achieved it at either club. Coming back to Manly, his spiritual home, it all fell into place like he never left.

Halves get targeted a lot in defence these days, particularly by back rowers. I don't see a huge difference in the defensive workloads of a second rower and a half. They defend next to one another.

It is not like the days when bozo would fine the forwards for every tackle that tooves and cliffy had to do on their own.

Oh I get that part. It’s just some people on this forum seem to think top 4 is an indicator that we can win a premiership - but the fact is we are so far off the elite that we need to change something to beat them.
Or be happy being a mid range 4-8th placed team.
I get what you're saying Batty, but it's still early in the season rd8, plenty can happen and will happen. Right now Penrith and Melb are setting a cracking pace, to keep this up for the whole season takes a bit of skill and good luck with injuries. Anyway lets see...

Tartak also reps Saab, Haumole, the Fainu boys, and Tuitavake. Hope he's not using his stable as a wedge.
Interesting too that today's Captain's Run shots heavily featured Foz.
I believe that's exactly what the dirty reps doing , trying to line their own pockets by stirring up issues that aren't there, they should all have some sort of control over them , they are not trust worthy

They can seek assurances but if it's not in the contract it's not a thing, no one knows this better than managers.

And if they don't think things can change in a heartbeat ... they are pretty naive ... a week is a long time in the world of professional sport ..

I believe that's exactly what the dirty reps doing , trying to line their own pockets by stirring up issues that aren't there, they should all have some sort of control over them , they are not trust worthy
Well don't expect much negative publicity about player managers anytime soon, Fox has just installed one as frontman in their main 'hard-hitting' footy chat show.

just be pleased for Josh to string together a long stint on the footy field and not off it and just focus on playing some good footy . Maybe just have to look at his coach's and co - coach"s footy careers and the number of positions they played in during their playing stints , Maybe not their preferred choices either at times but the best fit for their respective sides . Sure that it has been blown out of proportion a bit and Josh 's first priority should be to just get back to playing some injury free and quality footy not only for himself but teammates and club also .

Yes they are protected for sure
The prospect that player managers know all about the salary cap rorts considering they arrange them, seems to have the NRL cautious about opening a can of worms that ruins the games illusion of integrity

Some type of amnsesty and clean slate is required but after the storm were stipped its a ****storm for the game

The trigger for this is Foran's contract extension. Its not about driving up values as Josh is under contract until the end of 2024. It might be trying to set up a breach of contract. Let's hope he gets back onto the paddock this week in the second row and we have a win.

The prospect that player managers know all about the salary cap rorts considering they arrange them, seems to have the NRL cautious about opening a can of worms that ruins the games illusion of integrity

Some type of amnsesty and clean slate is required but after the storm were stipped its a ****storm for the game
EXACTLY @jbb/james. Spineless nrl will never pull player managers into line. They orchestrated most of the salary cap rorts currently happening.

Darren, I think Josh needs to TAKE the reins ... not expect to be given them...
It’s an interesting scenario. I agree he needs to put his head down, train hard and play hard to prove himself. However, if he does this and excels in the backrow, that might see Des more inclined to keep him in the forwards and lose his chance of a switch to the halves.

If Foran remains healthy and maintains his current level of play through to the end of next year, then I can’t see them giving Schuster the six in ‘24. He’ll be too conditioned - both physically and technically - to the backrow by then.

I believe the only chance he has of playing six is if injuries hit our halves or Foran takes up an offer elsewhere.

He’s always been an elite/rep level player. There’s no doubt, he’s coming towards the end of a very good career and his best form has been whilst with us.
He offers so much to the team, as long as he’s healthy and form is good, we’d be crazy to move him out of the #6.

That was Corey Parker's conclusion and why he represented himself through his career, he said no one can no your requirements better than yourself (and he included, his wife), always admired him for that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8