The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lil_wayne

Reserve Grader
1 good game for us in a year and people want to give him 1.2 mill a year. Is this the same foz who has the chronic back injury bulging discs like M Clarke and people on this forum were laughing at Parra wasting money on a busted hack and now are advocating we do the same? 1 good game seems enough to seduce some not me we are recruiting well for next season and if we have 1 mill to offer Foz we can grab another couple of signings.

Pepi

Bencher
1 good game for us in a year and people want to give him 1.2 mill a year. Is this the same foz who has the chronic back injury bulging discs like M Clarke and people on this forum were laughing at Parra wasting money on a busted hack and now are advocating we do the same? 1 good game seems enough to seduce some not me we are recruiting well for next season and if we have 1 mill to offer Foz we can grab another couple of signings.
Agreed. All well and good to have 2.4 million tied up in the halves, but when you have guys like Burgess and Mason as your starting forwards who would struggle to get a go on the bench elsewhere, you wont go far.

Lets say we don't spend the 1.2 mill on Foran, we could buy a solid replacement for 300-400 k. That then leaves a good 800-900k to split between two fringe rep forwards (like Myles and Brown).

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex

Lil_wayne

Reserve Grader
Agreed. All well and good to have 2.4 million tied up in the halves, but when you have guys like Burgess and Mason as your starting forwards who would struggle to get a go on the bench elsewhere, you wont go far.

Lets say we don't spend the 1.2 mill on Foran, we could buy a solid replacement for 300-400 k. That then leaves a good 800-900k to split between two fringe rep forwards (like Myles and Brown).

Or even better if we have this money get Tom and Jake and offer them 5 year deals I know they just signed extensions but in a show of faith in both offer them 5 year deals I would rather spend the coin on these two local boy's who's hearts are with the club than Foz.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
If he stays with Parra then it becomes a matter of wh plays the 6. They obviously aren't looking outside otherwise Foran wouldn't even still be an option. So they must have someone earmarked for it internally, probably Killer with Hiku into the centres permanently, then they pick up a new 6 once Lyon is done. Is that the best play? Maybe for the money. Can Killer get back to his 2008 form? No, but how close does he have to be for us, with an upgraded pack, to be a force?

Loobs

Or even better if we have this money get Tom and Jake and offer them 5 year deals I know they just signed extensions but in a show of faith in both offer them 5 year deals I would rather spend the coin on these two local boy's who's hearts are with the club than Foz.
Weezy, they won't resign until after 2017 when the new cap landscape is clearer.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
....and here's the latest on the oneeyedeel...
"Marsh i have great news for you, a very reliable sause. Foran will sign with the parramatta eeles, it will be a different contract, and he will have a get kut clause on the finale year of his contract"
"Good mews brotha"

"Kent is a goose, hooper is a knob, ikin is a twat, and half the fox sports news crew are wankers. This would not have been half as bad if it wasnt for theses muppets exasabating the truth and trying to kick parra while there down. They should get sewed for deformation of charachter!"

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What happened at the back end of last year then?
For Loobs. Summary: All year there were grumblings within the camp over transitioning the aging roster. At the back end of the season we were hard hit by key injuries.

Player 'contentment level' is what it is, that is why the ability to coach and manage teams (or to lead all types of groups), is so highly valued. I don't blame players for how they feel any more than I blame them for being injured.

they (read the Choc/Foz faction) made a concerted effort to ensure the product was ****-house and sabotaged a minor premiership and title shot.
Yes this is what I specifically reject. The suggestion that players set out to deliberately play poorly or sabotage the club is ludicrous and unsupported by even a shred of solid evidence.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Loobs

For Loobs. Summary: All year there were grumblings within the camp over transitioning the aging roster. At the back end of the season we were hard hit by key injuries.

Player 'contentment level' is what it is, that is why the ability to coach and manage teams (or to lead all types of groups), is so highly valued. I don't blame players for how they feel any more than I blame them for being injured.

Yes this is what I specifically reject. The suggestion that players set out to deliberately play poorly or sabotage the club is ludicrous and unsupported by even a shred of solid evidence.
There is game footage to show that effort was certainly lacking on defence which is as good an indicator as anything. I agree with the stuff about the aging roster etc but to say some rot didn't set in at the back end of last year is crazy. Choc pretty much admitted he checked out. That's one.

Loobs

Marquee money contracts are very different to promising rookie contracts!
Correct. They are at their top earning level now, whereas these guys want to have the flexibility to renew and increase deals as their ability in first grade and importance to the club increases.

ManlyMit

Reserve Grader
Also with DCEs contract being indexed, his salary increases as the cap increases. These young blokes wouldn't get offered these kind of deals at this stage in their careers.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14