The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brookvale oval this weekend
Wow you arranged that quickly, do you have him on speed dial? I guess that would explain why you have so vehemently defended him regardless of how poorly he has performed and behaved towards the club.

Goodo then, what time and what part of Brookvale Oval? Once I know that I will check and see if it is in the best interests of my family to travel for 6 hours to waste my breath on an ungrateful turd.

Simple really - players that don't put in when wearing the maroon & white get contempt from the vast majority on this site. People have accepted DCE in the team despite also leaving at the end of year because he is busting his butt on the field & not whining like a little b*tch off the field.

He has a get out clause in his Eels contract. Question is ... who'd want him?
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...matta-eels-fouryear-deal-20150506-1moylg.html
One bitten twice shy for our dear Kieran. How do you determine 'political turmoil' anyway?

To answer your question many clubs would want him, in NRL and in SL. That is the poor state of the Comp, not enough class players. He can punch the ticket of so many clubs in the shambling remains of his footy career. Now that's karma.

+ His partner wrote the word Karma the day he signed elsewhere;

People keep mentioning this (and yes, I followed the link and saw it on the Instagram account when it was posted) like it's some sort of smoking gun, but really, you're drawing a very long bow to say it's a knock against Manly just because of the time it was posted. It could be a reference to pretty much anything. I thought it was just some bull**** positive affirmation thing.
Right now Keiran Foran is a Manly player and he's still our best option at five-eight, even though he's playing well below the level we all know he can. In fact he's not playing at all because he's injured. When he's on the field I'll support him, when he isn't I'll support whoever's there instead, and when he's gone I'll forget all about him and wish him and his new team nothing but the worst.
For now, go, Manly!

Wow you arranged that quickly, do you have him on speed dial? I guess that would explain why you have so vehemently defended him regardless of how poorly he has performed and behaved towards the club.

Goodo then, what time and what part of Brookvale Oval? Once I know that I will check and see if it is in the best interests of my family to travel for 6 hours to waste my breath on an ungrateful turd.
But you said you would pay money? Don't tell me you are a flip-flopping vacillator - what after your big boy talk? Get there game day and given your stated enthusiasm you will have no trouble finding him I am sure.

There was no defence from me (please show me where you think it was) be it vehement or not - just surprised at the level of hatred some have shown, and called that out. You chose to jump in post fact

I am unimpressed by what has happened with both sides (player and club), maybe I just look at it in a different light, I choose not to wallow in hatred and misery. By no means is it support at all costs/rose coloured glasses for me, but I am pragmatic about our current situation.

But you said you would pay money? Don't tell me you are a flip-flopping vacillator - what after your big boy talk? Get there game day and given your stated enthusiasm you will have no trouble finding him I am sure.

There was no defence from me (please show me where you think it was) be it vehement or not - just surprised at the level of hatred some have shown, and called that out. You chose to jump in post fact

I am unimpressed by what has happened with both sides (player and club), maybe I just look at it in a different light, I choose not to wallow in hatred and misery. By no means is it support at all costs/rose coloured glasses for me, but I am pragmatic about our current situation.

(sigh)

So are you saying to Ralphie (or anyone else) he/they are wrong, because they don't think your way? You've seen lists of reasons why people are disappointed, let down, hurt (mainly because people are passionate - as are you I'm sure), yet you are surprised why they feel some sort of disconnect from this player? Hmmm...

I think it's pretty clear.

Like I say, (and I repeat, I know), all people want with their investment in time and money, is to watch passion and heart from the players. Don't you remember the time Heath Le'Strange and Brett Stewart played rock/paper/scissors those years ago over who scored that try? Wow, such comradery....the team had so much passion and harmony then. Today, I'm worried if Stewart is going to drop DCE.

People aren't wallowing in hatred and misery VFTH, they are just seeing things for the way they are. I wonder, does being pragmatic win you a premiership? Could you imagine if Tooves was pragmatic about losses, team disharmony?

Hopefully they expect more. I just thank goodness "some" fans also do.

(sigh)

So are you saying to Ralphie (or anyone else) he/they are wrong, because they don't think your way? You've seen lists of reasons why people are disappointed, let down, hurt (mainly because people are passionate - as are you I'm sure), yet you are surprised why they feel some sort of disconnect from this player? Hmmm...

I think it's pretty clear.

Like I say, (and I repeat, I know), all people want with their investment in time and money, is to watch passion and heart from the players. Don't you remember the time Heath Le'Strange and Brett Stewart played rock/paper/scissors those years ago over who scored that try? Wow, such comradery....the team had so much passion and harmony then. Today, I'm worried if Stewart is going to drop DCE.

People aren't wallowing in hatred and misery VFTH, they are just seeing things for the way they are. I wonder, does being pragmatic win you a premiership? Could you imagine if Tooves was pragmatic about losses, team disharmony?

Hopefully they expect more. I just thank goodness "some" fans also do.
(Sigh)

Maaaaattttteeee

I am surprised you made the leap to right and wrong from my post - are you itching for an argument? I acknowledged I look at it in a different light. I did not say I was right nor say people were wrong - but I can disagree with people's reaction.

I am pragmatic insofar as I accept what I can and can't control. If I could control what was happening my reaction would be different eg your Toovey analogy

Or is it that everyone is wrong that doesn't agree with your view and in my opinion sometimes over the top reactions?

(Sigh)

Maaaaattttteeee

I am surprised you made the leap to right and wrong from my post - are you itching for an argument? I acknowledged I look at it in a different light. I did not say I was right nor say people were wrong - but I can disagree with people's reaction.

I am pragmatic insofar as I accept what I can and can't control. If I could control what was happening my reaction would be different eg your Toovey analogy

Or is it that everyone is wrong that doesn't agree with your view and in my opinion sometimes over the top reactions?

Yes, but your antagonising Ralphie, by suggesting he "meet" with Foran to voice his displeasure. How is that improving the culture on these boards? I'm happy to listen to anyone make off the cuff comments, and be outraged or whatever - it's about empathy. Also happy for you to disagree with any of that - your entitled to your opinion, and I respect it truth be told.

I certainly don't want an argument with you, but I do love a solid debate tbh. I'm not becoming that person again.

I get what your saying about being able to control, what you can control, but how about this: As fans, we can do nothing really (aside from voting with our feet / money) - but that's not an option I'd employ, I'll always monetarily support our club. How about having the ability to come on here and vent being a way to control how you feel or think?

Hey, most people DO disagree with the way I think, and honestly, I AM wrong 90% of the time. Do I over react? Yup, so that's no revelation to anyone involved. At least I can admit it. How about an ounce of empathy to people along the way though? Ralphie might be frustrated at the situation at the moment. Your not - that's cool. You'll support a player no matter what happens on and off the field, and that's great too. I just don't get how telling him to meet up with Kieran helps, aside from being snarky, that's all?

@Ryan I think you may well have misread the thread. While I am sure Ralphie is big enough to defend himself let's clear this up anyway.

He responded to a comment I made, which was not directed to him in any way whatsoever, he may have applied it to himself - but the preceding posts show he could not have been the intended recipient of the comment.

He made out he was willing to directly voice his displeasure with Foz (whatever that may be). He was not part of the preceding posts but came in over the top with his comment, I merely encouraged him to follow through with his statement about paying money to do it. No antagonising, but, yes it was calling out and highlighting that he had the opportunity to "pay money" to voice his displeasure this weekend. And good luck to anyone who has that much anger, emotion feeling (whatever the appropriate word) that they feel this action will solve the problem for them.

Trust me I do have empathy and feel sorry for people who are clearly emotionally distraught over the goings on in our club

Geez this thread contains a LOT OF vitriolic nonsense. :envy: His problems with his bulging discs, hammies, and resulting loss of confidence, ability to concentrate are all the reasons u need to explain Fox.

Unfortunately, his injuries are of the medium to long term variety and there is virtually no prospect of a return to 2011 form for years.

@Ryan I think you may well have misread the thread. While I am sure Ralphie is big enough to defend himself let's clear this up anyway.

He responded to a comment I made, which was not directed to him in any way whatsoever, he may have applied it to himself - but the preceding posts show he could not have been the intended recipient of the comment.

He made out he was willing to directly voice his displeasure with Foz (whatever that may be). He was not part of the preceding posts but came in over the top with his comment, I merely encouraged him to follow through with his statement about paying money to do it. No antagonising, but, yes it was calling out and highlighting that he had the opportunity to "pay money" to voice his displeasure this weekend. And good luck to anyone who has that much anger, emotion feeling (whatever the appropriate word) that they feel this action will solve the problem for them.

Trust me I do have empathy and feel sorry for people who are clearly emotionally distraught over the goings on in our club

People have different levels of "buy in" VFTH. Why can't they be distraught at the prospect their favorite hobby is becoming damaged? If you feel a level of apathy towards the off field situations (I wish I was more like that tbh - hahahaha) then that's cool - others become pissed off, and may want to vent here.

It's all about being open minded, sittinh back, and thinking from someone elses shoes. I don't see what "calling someone out" (ok, other than a troll) achieves in the greater scheme of things.

Anyway, we are going in circles. I get what you say, and honestly mate, I wish I COULD feel less passion when things happen with our club - it would make life, and these debates much easier ;) Would get a little boring though, huh?

Geez this thread contains a LOT OF vitriolic nonsense. :envy: His problems with his bulging discs, hammies, and resulting loss of confidence, ability to concentrate are all the reasons u need to explain Fox.

Unfortunately, his injuries are of the medium to long term variety and there is virtually no prospect of a return to 2011 form for years.

Guess it adds to some peoples theory, that like Slater, maybe he should have taken two more weeks off, to keep the club as the first priority. To be fair, he was unfit before that, and it was Kearney that demanded he play against Melbourne to prove his match fitness.

Wonder how Kearney would go saying that to Bellamy and Slater? Hahahaha They'd tear the bloke a new you know what !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11