The Independent Commission

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I thought they would make big changes, but apart from the fixed scheduling for the first 20 round - which was in place to happen under the previous regime, anyway - what have they done differently?
They re-appointed Channel Nein, even though that network is about to go into administration, and they look like re-appoiting 2gB and Triple M to the radio broadcasts.
Same old, same old . . .

they got rid of gallop which allows a bit more transperancy, got a lot more dough $$, and got rid of the foxtel /nein last right of reply in future negotiations which was big.............. but

They still havn't lived up to expectations in my view.They make progress but its slow going

They desperately need a CEO as they appear to be a bit part time which is fair enough. But we need someone with there eye on the ball 24/7 and i struggle to see why they cant find the right person with 1 million plus to spend and some impressive perks including travelling the world watching footy. In saying that, what would I know. Ive never hired one

Come on they've been at the helm for less than 12 months, give them some time.

Even if the only thing they achieve in the next 12 months is having got rid of Gallop, then I put that down as a resounding success. Not having to look at that spineless, hypocritical, News Limited muppet ever again is great.

The grape vine is suggesting that Greenturd is high on the applicants list, now that would make for interesting times if he got appointed but then again the same grape vine said Manly's volunteer of the year is applying for the job, apparently you dont need a lot of skill.

They should go all out for Cochrane, the outgoing V8 Supercars boss.
Look where he's taken that sport from to where it is now, he's a winner and obviously doesn't take too much $hit from TV stations.

StuBoot said:
Look where he's taken that sport from to where it is now.
And wait unroll next year to see where they are at. It will be huge.

StuBoot said:

No thanks, V8SC hardly gets televised live and AFL takes priority.

No to Cochrane he is up there with Gallop in my books, useless piece of shiite.

OneEyedEagle said:
StuBoot said:

Really? It's was a sport that was on it's knees with a blue singlet mullet headed audience watching half arsed hotted up Falcons & Commodores. Global brands like Vodafone, Jim Beam and Jack Daniels don't throw their money at things that don't have some sort of audience. Events like Gold Coast, Clipsal Adelaide, Sydney 500 that pull over 150,000 punters and six hours of TV not to mention Bathurst as an event shouldn't be dismissed lightly. Mercedes & Nissan want to join their little party too.
Yep, he's useless.
Of the names tossed up AND available, who do you think?

The ARLC has done absolutely nothing.....they sacked gallop thats good....but what was the plan...We now have a guy who, obviously, isnt good enough...WE now have a sh1t load of money and nothing has changed except, the people that dont have fox only get 1 live game a week and we get a grand final at a time the majority dont want. WE have teh worst refereeing in the history of the game....they have no balls when it came to teh bulldogs....we have the worst judiciary system that they havent changed.......

So what a load of cr@p that the game is better off...we the punter, member, paying public get sweet FA...Grant has done nothing, even less than Gallop. Whilst i didnt like Gallop he had more vision than these
pr!cks

And can Channel 9 actually come up with the cash....over 5 years....

Sheikheagle said:
Just heard on the news Ian Robson who I think owned or was involved at the warriors

He was the initial CEO of the Warriors, massive, massive failure

Great talker, promised the world and was convincing in doing so, but failed to deliver it

Maybe they should bite the bullet and ask Andrew Demetriou what he'd cost. Mattiske is floundering.

Chip and Chase said:
Come on they've been at the helm for less than 12 months, give them some time.

Even if the only thing they achieve in the next 12 months is having got rid of Gallop, then I put that down as a resounding success. Not having to look at that spineless, hypocritical, News Limited muppet ever again is great.

Exactly I wanted to buy Grant a dozen beers when I heard that good news!

The independant commision failed to do an independant investigation of the dogs mad monday affair and merely accepted the dogs version of events.

They have brushed this under the carpet and have shown that they are useless.

StuBoot said:
OneEyedEagle said:
StuBoot said:

Really? It's was a sport that was on it's knees with a blue singlet mullet headed audience watching half arsed hotted up Falcons & Commodores. Global brands like Vodafone, Jim Beam and Jack Daniels don't throw their money at things that don't have some sort of audience. Events like Gold Coast, Clipsal Adelaide, Sydney 500 that pull over 150,000 punters and six hours of TV not to mention Bathurst as an event shouldn't be dismissed lightly. Mercedes & Nissan want to join their little party too.
Yep, he's useless.
Of the names tossed up AND available, who do you think?

This is the same guy you are talking about that took the different manufactures and class of cars out of the sport in the first place and created the bogan Ford Vs Holden culture in the first place. That's right your talking about the Tony Cochrane that has taken the sport to countries in the middle east where they have no interest in the sport what so ever. This is the same guy that signed off on agreements delaying the TV broadcast until later in the day. He really looked after the supporters of the series :s

I travel to a minimum of 6 or 7 V8Supercar events per year, yes I drive to Darwin, Perth, SA, QLD and Victoria to watch these beast go around. Bathurst this year may have been a success but overall and especially this year I have noticed spectator numbers being down overall.

Ask most of the V8 Supporters what they really think of him and how glad they are he is leaving the sport.

Cochrane has done absolutely nothing for Australian motor sport apart from bleeding it dry. What he has done, is add to the ever increasing money pit that supercars has become. He knows nothing about motor racing and will admit that. He knows jack shiite about the core business which just happens to be motor racing.

Do you still think he is the right person to lead the NRL.

Good riddance cockroach Cochrane. Without this clown and the right chairman in place it's happy days.

I can't say who should be the head of the NRL but I do know who shouldn't get the gig.

Fire up a bit please OneEyedEagle. Your just too passive. What your trying to say it is better that the ARLC do not consider Cochrane. Loved reading your post.

eagles2win said:
Maybe pull a quick one and get John O'Neill.
About to walk away the ARU again

Have you watched Australia rugby union lately? Terrible game and O'Neill has played a big part of by retaining Deans before the world cup for another 2 years

O'Neill is overrated big time.

eagleE said:
Fire up a bit please OneEyedEagle. Your just too passive. What your trying to say it is better that the ARLC do not consider Cochrane. Loved reading your post.

Lol not fired up just passionate about the things I enjoy, motor racing and Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. So its a big no to Cochrane for me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4