1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Great Thing

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Budgewoi Eagle, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    The Great Thing about this season is that at the start, I and a great many other Manly fans would have been delighted if we'd wo a few games against good sides in what was meant to be a rebuilding year. Makes it so much sweeter than almost any year I can remember.

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    That is a very good point. The entire year has been so enjoyable because we sure didn't start as favourites to even make the top 8. It's all a bonus!

Now more & more people are saying we we'll take it out. Bad luck Des!

3. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    agreed, for me at the start of the season i was thinking top 8 would be great, then give it a shake next year- but now if they can keep playing like that no-one will be able to stop us

4. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I still think we haven't put 80 minutes of good footy together!

That second half is what we can do to teams!

Most sides can only score down one side we're dangerous on both sides

5. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    After going to the game in Melbourne round 1, even though we lost, I had a feeling that we were a chance to do well this year, and we have.

6. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    Most sides can only score down one side we're dangerous on both sides
    [/quote]

just look at how bad the Dragons are when you defend their left edge...they've got absolutely nothing anywhere else. We can score from anywhere on the field and the players all know it. The confidence is flying!!

7. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Agreed, with no big signings in circa 5 years, an ageing pack, and an extremely inexperienced halves combo, I thought this was the year we'd miss the 8. Glad I was proven spectacularly wrong. Geez, I really hope the Dragons v Broncs game is a huge war of attrition..

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    I hope they both lose :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Brookie4ever, I too held the view that after that loss to Melbourne down there, we had the ability to go to the end. We were again down on troops and gave it a good shake. Then again the win against the Rorters was a turning point as well. On our day we can't be beaten. The side is so well balanced. No show ponies and all extremely competent in their roles.

10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I said in one of those threads at the start of the year how will we go and I said it depends on DCE. I was a little unsure of how his game style would adapt to the big boys but if he did succeed we would go OK. Not only has he gone OK, he's been a Star.

11. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    I actually had no such thoughts of us struggling , i thought we would finish 5-6th & be knocked out 1st week , our go forward didnt change just our halves, i had confidence in our pack & the other experienced backs to get us in the 8 . But now its diff because we cruised in ,definatley like old times before all that drama with brett.
    This is how it would have been any way in 09 had we been able to field our full strength side , we just won the WCC we were pumped..