The Dead Wood needs to go!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A mixture of everything mate:
1. I was embarrassed and ashamed at how the club was a no show for Ken with Barb at the worst possible time.
2. General disconnect with the playing group. Guys like Aloiai & others. Gone are the days of Beaver, Killer and Snake, put it that way. The characters are gone, and there's 0 passion or pride in our jersey.
3. This community just isn't what it used to be. Just being honest. At the worst of times, we'd default to each other and have a great time.
4. The product on the field and roster in my view is arse, and that's putting it kindly. Just boring to watch. We are so far behind the eightball it isn't funny. The few wins to start the season is an illusion. Don't take my word for it, you'll see.
5. Other sports in my view (NHL, EPL, AFL) seem to be more enjoyable to watch.
6. Life. So many better things to do than invest in this sub par product. Have to get fit as hell again.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be a Manly fan until the day I die, but the current crop of players are extremely unlikable to me (most of them). Players like Reuben and Jake being the diamonds in the rough obviously).

Anyways, I was second guessing telling you the truth of it, knowing the nastiness around here, but it is what it is.
@Ryan this ^. It's not the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles that I know. Everything you said is on show. This club is now an empty shell of what it once was. Massive issues that will only be solved by gutting the place and starting again but it will take years to fix.

A mixture of everything mate:
1. I was embarrassed and ashamed at how the club was a no show for Ken with Barb at the worst possible time.
2. General disconnect with the playing group. Guys like Aloiai & others. Gone are the days of Beaver, Killer and Snake, put it that way. The characters are gone, and there's 0 passion or pride in our jersey.
3. This community just isn't what it used to be. Just being honest. At the worst of times, we'd default to each other and have a great time.
4. The product on the field and roster in my view is arse, and that's putting it kindly. Just boring to watch. We are so far behind the eightball it isn't funny. The few wins to start the season is an illusion. Don't take my word for it, you'll see.
5. Other sports in my view (NHL, EPL, AFL) seem to be more enjoyable to watch.
6. Life. So many better things to do than invest in this sub par product. Have to get fit as hell again.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be a Manly fan until the day I die, but the current crop of players are extremely unlikable to me (most of them). Players like Reuben and Jake being the diamonds in the rough obviously).

Anyways, I was second guessing telling you the truth of it, knowing the nastiness around here, but it is what it is.
Spot on @Ryan well said!

This is not Manly and hasn’t been for 7 years or more

The one person who should GO is the owner.
Our once powerhouse club is now a minnow suburban outfit that can no longer seriously compete with the bigger, wealthier clubs. Under his control we are a rag-tag mob with no prospects of improvement. If Penn is truly a supporter of the Sea Eagles then he will recognise that the only way out of this mess is to give someone else control.
Whenever a decent player becomes available we are never in the hunt to secure them; they go to Easts, Souffs, Brisbane, Canterbury and even Doesn'tmatta. The NRL will try to tell us that the salary cap has levelled out the competition. You'll find a book on it in the fiction section of all good libraries.

This club is a pathetic joke!!!

clean the fuking place out!!!

Turbo - he can **** off to be honest, he looks pathetic
Saab - fuk off
Koula - keep
Parker - fuk off
Garrick - Keep
John’s - fuk off
DCE - keep
Oshay - fuk off
KT - fuk off
HO - keep
Jake - keep
Croker - fuk off
Paseka - keep
keppie - fuk off
Woods - fuk off
lawton - fuk off
Bully - maybe keep
You know your footy! Totally agree with that. It’s embarrassing to play a team with Payne Haas steaming onto the ball and we’ve got Woods…just seeing that match up before kick off told me that we were no chance of snagging an upset tonight.

Honestly we've been made to look better than we are the past few years due to Tom's brilliance and Jake's defensive prowess and sheer will.

Seibold was a **** signing and everyone knew it. We won't win anything with this roster and Seibold

We are 3-4 star quality (by that I mean origin/international level or at least in the conversation for that level) players off actually competing for a premiership. And this has been the case since about 2015 now.

Absolute negligence by management and ownership to not build a decent roster over this many years.

Why do we keep signing Tigers castoffs? We've completely mishandled Tom's prime. Where is the 3-5 year plan? I just don't see it.

You know your footy! Totally agree with that. It’s embarrassing to play a team with Payne Haas steaming onto the ball and we’ve got Woods…just seeing that match up before kick off told me that we were no chance of snagging an upset tonight.
exactly! we are a compete joke and a team of plodders, powder puffs and wannabe gangstas

@Ryan this ^. It's not the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles that I know. Everything you said is on show. This club is now an empty shell of what it once was. Massive issues that will only be solved by gutting the place and starting again but it will take years to fix.

Oh thank Christ haha. I came in and saw 8 notifications, and thought "oh no, what's happened, and what am I getting abused for now".

I'm guessing by the score-line we didn't play well again? I was getting score-updates, but let's be honest, we all knew the result before a ball was kicked off. I have absolutely no energy to waste on mercenaries, like Aloiai that just don't care or put in.

The issue here isn't the coaches either. We've had a mix of Tooves, Des, Barrett, Cartwright, Siebold, Monaghan, Snake, Dymock, Flannagan, Randall & others in the past few years, and literally no-one can inspire these plugs we have as players. No-one can get them working on strong attacking / defensive patterns. The teams fat, lazy, uninspiring, lethargic, predictable and slow - hence the lack of interest as a fan.

And this was obvious to see pre-season. It was funny watching everyone getting inspired by the fluff pieces written from the club about the pylons in our top 30 !

We've won 4 ****ing games in our last 16 mate, and the scores against us in the time are insipid. What a base, defunct, boring product !

I cannot fathom how Condon, Tuilagi, Roache, Talau, Johns, Woods and other dead set plonkers are our answers to recruitment, over the past 3 or so years. We don't even have a first grade ready Hooker haha.

I'm sorry you guys aren't enjoying the ride at the moment, but there ARE alternatives. I know y'all very passionate and loyal. It's hard to watch the present custodians ruining our legacy on the field..It hurts. But stick with it. It'll eventually turn for y'all, I'm sure.

To be fair, Des and Tooves far out performed Barrett who went on to fail miserably at another club when he ran away. Seibold was an absolute failure at Brisbane. I was reading through a historical thread earlier tonight and noticed that you suggested Siebold as an alternative to Des. Are you still of that mindset?

To be fair, Des and Tooves far out performed Barrett who went on to fail miserably at another club when he ran away. Seibold was an absolute failure at Brisbane. I was reading through a historical thread earlier tonight and noticed that you suggested Siebold as an alternative to Des. Are you still of that mindset?

I like the present coaching staff.

BUT, it's time these players, 1 -30 (or however many there are) look at themselves in the mirror and take.some accountability.

They lack any sort of intensity. They lack passion. They lack leadership. For want of a better word, there is no pride in both their performances or results. And the laziness and apathy towards losing is filtered through every grade. The culture (from the players) sucks.

We could have Bellamy head coach, with Wayne Bennett & Cleary as his assistants, and these primadonna's of ours would still find a way to crap the bed and their pants each and every week.

Siebold, Flannagan, Dymock are a fantastic team. Anyways, signing back off mate. Thx for the question.

I like the present coaching staff.

BUT, it's time these players, 1 -30 (or however many there are) look at themselves in the mirror and take.some accountability.

They lack any sort of intensity. They lack passion. They lack leadership. For want of a better word, there is no pride in both their performances or results. And the laziness and apathy towards losing is filtered through every grade. The culture (from the players) sucks.

We could have Bellamy head coach, with Wayne Bennett & Cleary as his assistants, and these primadonna's of ours would still find a way to crap the bed and their pants each and every week.

Siebold, Flannagan, Dymock are a fantastic team. Anyways, signing back off mate. Thx for the question.
No worries mate, thanks for the reply. I'm out of here too.

When Manly were in the business of winning premierships or being competitive, we didn't invest the bulk of the cap in 2 to 3 players with one of those having a cost a million dollars. We are at the scenario where they have tried twice ...first with DCE and now Turbo. I think its time to end the experiment and invest in a pool of players across all positions that are solid but not extravagant, in order to remain competitive. The priority for this season should be to avoid the spoon.
As I've mentioned before, I love Turbo as much as anyone in this club and I feel sorry for the poor bloke, but that documentary on his rehab now looks like a total PR disaster since he's come back hobbling around on one leg.

Honestly we've been made to look better than we are the past few years due to Tom's brilliance and Jake's defensive prowess and sheer will.

Seibold was a **** signing and everyone knew it. We won't win anything with this roster and Seibold

We are 3-4 star quality (by that I mean origin/international level or at least in the conversation for that level) players off actually competing for a premiership. And this has been the case since about 2015 now.

Absolute negligence by management and ownership to not build a decent roster over this many years.

Why do we keep signing Tigers castoffs? We've completely mishandled Tom's prime. Where is the 3-5 year plan? I just don't see it.
Seibold inherited a team which wasn't his, but on the same token I wouldn't invest many years for him to build his team since he pretty much ballsd that up in Brisbane.

When Manly were in the business of winning premierships or being competitive, we didn't invest the bulk of the cap in 2 to 3 players with one of those having a cost a million dollars. We are at the scenario where they have tried twice ...first with DCE and now Turbo. I think its time to end the experiment and invest in a pool of players across all positions that are solid but not extravagant, in order to remain competitive. The priority for this season should be to avoid the spoon.
As I've mentioned before, I love Turbo as much as anyone in this club and I feel sorry for the poor bloke, but that documentary on his rehab now looks like a total PR disaster since he's come back hobbling around on one leg.
This whole not investing in a top 2 or 3 players is a myth. Teams like the Storm won multiple premierships on the back of it. And if you don't have star power you don't win premierships.

The real issue is if those highest paid players aren't performing to their price tag. And in Manly's case they certainly are not.

Manly's problem is that they put their eggs in the basket of Manase Fainu, Turbo and Schuster. All insanely talented players but either injury prone, or in the case of Fainu they moved on Api (which felt like the right decision in the moment, mind you) which came back to bite them. Plus, they doubled down on the issue by not recruiting a proper hooker and tried to convert Croker into a 9 while praying Fainu could play again.

Seibold inherited a team which wasn't his, but on the same token I wouldn't invest many years for him to build his team since he pretty much ballsd that up in Brisbane.
Agree

Also Mestrov has not had the chance to shape the team.

Woods was clearly a stop gap measure to free up some cap space - i will be interested to see some of our moves in the next year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8