• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes it doesn't seem to bother him what others say like he said in the presser the people and family that know him know the person he is and thats all that matters
The modern day football professional it seems

Would be the same. Wouldnt give a hoot what anyone thought besides those i care about.

o8UjXK91BohyLou5cD23d7_7P-0GJNhWcT1xE5qmX7wLOrqmKWQwVXQMj-R3IkmEiJnvwlgmhQ-zLB5tsHKxHxTB55FE0spWXu2jSwLjbK2t2iwV1kMDT0uCRvict8F3GA=w297-h275-nc

Anyone else feel like this?

You could say it's a Titanic loss for them.

I must admit that I am considerably amused that the Titans come out of this with no sezer, no Myles, no DCE and they are now paying overs for their local junior LG. The problem still nagging at me is the $$ and the impact that will have on our ability to build a quality team around him. This may all seem good right now, but what happens when Tom & Jake T and Gutherson et al hit the big time and we simply cannot come anywhere near what others are offering. That's the moment we will collectively have buyers remorse.
By then, snake, Matai, Lyon and Ballin will be retired. That should free up a couple of dollars of cap space.

Yes it doesn't seem to bother him what others say like he said in the presser the people and family that know him know the person he is and thats all that matters
The modern day football professional it seems
I had great joy in seeing Paul Kent almost in tears last night on NRL 360 and then again on Big sports breakfast this morning crying about how unfair that there's a good news story about manly. ON top of Annesley look of horror yesterday after he went on a couple of months ago that no one should go back on their word.........after he did exactly that to his electorate last year.
The hardest part of today is how to keep the smile off my face.

I suspect that, though there will be some struggle in coming up with the money to retain the 'kids', two points should be noted. The three mentioned, Tom T, Jake T and Gutho are local juniors and apparently love being Sea Eagles. Secondly retaining DCE will probably go a long way to encouraging them to remain MWSEs
On sterlo last night big Willie said the younger players in the team were bouncing during training after dce told them he was staying.

He's copping some really nasty flack from the qld media. Hypocrites should have a look in the mirror before shooting off their gobs..
You would think the world was ending north of the border.

Somehow I don't imagine they would have any qualms about Wayne Bennett returning as SOO coach.

How are some of these skidmark news ltd wankers.

They all need to shut the **** up.

god forbid Daly wanted to do what is best for him, as everyone would....yeh lets shoot him down in flames.

Fuxking wankers. I will swing at kent if i see him. Prick.

I did like last night on 360 when PK was off in lala land about how DCE let the Titans down he pulled him up and said DCE apologised to Neil Henry so that door is closed. Then PK goes what about the fans (which - who gives a **** - he was never their property so all they lost out on was a POTENTIAL signing, but I digress) at which point Tooves eyes go huge and he says "What about the Manly fans?" then gives a little fist pump and says something like "they're loving it"

Happiest I'd seen Tooves in a while. He did always have this cheeky look about him in the weeks leading up to this when they put it to him about possible backflips, so me thinks Tooves knew this was coming. Cheeky little devil...

I did like last night on 360 when PK was off in lala land about how DCE let the Titans down he pulled him up and said DCE apologised to Neil Henry so that door is closed. Then PK goes what about the fans (which - who gives a **** - he was never their property so all they lost out on was a POTENTIAL signing, but I digress) at which point Tooves eyes go huge and he says "What about the Manly fans?" then gives a little fist pump and says something like "they're loving it"

Happiest I'd seen Tooves in a while. He did always have this cheeky look about him in the weeks leading up to this when they put it to him about possible backflips, so me thinks Tooves knew this was coming. Cheeky little devil...
Saw that. It warmed my heart.

Today's back page on the Gold Coast Bulliten is a joke.

Does anyone remember when Manly were chasing Wally Lewis and Gene Miles back in 1986? No one up there was bothered when the deal was all but done (just the money to be worked out apparently) before the QRL got in their ears that the Donkey's would be starting in 1988 and that there was no need for them to leave Brisbane if they wanted to play in what was universally known back then as the Sydney competition.

What about Wayne Bennett reneging on his agreement to coach the Qld Origin side in 1995 because the ARL ruled Super League players ineligible for rep footy and he wouldn't have his Donkey's premiership players to call on. Of course we all know how the 1995 Origin turned out so they quickly forgot that Daddy Wayne refused to coach what he thought was a hopeless cause.

The Qld 'legends' such as Wally Lewis, Gordon Tallis, Darren Lockyer and Wendall Sailor have all bagged his decision to stay loyal to Manly, basically saying his backflip is being disloyal to Qld. But if DCE was currently playing for the Donkeys, Cowgirls or Tits and backflipped on coming to a Sydney club to stay up north, no doubt they would be saying how wonderful it all was and that it was a big coup for Qld to keep one of 'their' players up north.

I get the feeling that this story would be nowhere near as big if DCE played for anyone but Manly.

Black Eye, Honour, blah blah blah. Hypocrites like Mr Super League Tallis and never won anything but origin Lewis get off ya fckn high horse.

Cherry has been a great distraction for the NRL so they can sweep all the real problems/ offenders under the carpet like: (Other Backflippers: Inglis, Tedesco, Papalli, Wayne Bennett etc, Women Bashers: Inglis (again) Barba & Bird (yes Manly, Bird) , Druggies : the NRL Titans, Salary Cap Cheats: Melbourne (Inglis again!) Brisbane & Parra etc.

Fact is that a rule they created has come back to bite them. A rule overseen and implemented when a Mr G Annesley was at team NRL! If it was any club/ player other than Manly we would never have heard as much as we have on the issue. Never.

We've had tough year so far and had as much damage as any other club in history, just when it comes to Manly people think we deserve double. But what they don't realize is that we will keep getting up, always will. Our team is looking awesome and Cherry will bring sponsorship dollars and help us stay at Brookie. Well worth the big bucks. And as Ryan pointed out in a previous post, with salary cap rising over the years it won't be such a big hit.

To the naysayers I say, Fck them all and the horse they rode in on.

Congrats Cherry, Manly and all you great supporters out there. I for one am super happy.

#bleedmanly

Last edited:
Black Eye, Honour, blah blah blah. Hypocrites like Mr Super League Tallis and never won anything but origin Lewis get off ya fckn high horse.

Cherry has been a great distraction for the NRL so they can sweep all the real problems/ offenders under the carpet like: (Other Backflippers: Inglis, Tedesco, Papalli, Wayne Bennett etc, Women Bashers: Inglis (again) Barba & Bird (yes Manly, Bird) , Druggies : the NRL Titans, Salary Cap Cheats: Melbourne (Inglis again!) Brisbane & Parra etc.

Fact is that a rule they created has come back to bite them. A rule overseen and implemented when a Mr G Annesley was at team NRL! If it was any club/ player other than Manly we would never have heard as much as we have on the issue. Never.

We've had tough year so far and had as much damage as any other club in history, just when it comes to Manly people think we deserve double. But what they don't realize is that we will keep getting up, always will. Our team is looking awesome and Cherry will bring sponsorship dollars and help us stay at Brookie. Well worth the big bucks. And as Ryan pointed out in a previous post, with salary cap rising over the years it won't be such a big hit.

To the naysayers I say, Fck them all and they horse they rode in on.

Congrats Cherry, Manly and all you great supporters out there. I for one am super happy.

#bleedmanly

like x 1000

To the naysayers I say, Fck them all and they horse they rode in on.

#bleedmanly
Quoted for the TRUTH!!

:)

DCE was on Triple M this morning and had some interesting things to say about a few topics that Matty Johns raised - worth a listen on following link. I did wonder if Matty was going to ask him about his mothers' tweets seeing as she gave Johns a serve via Twitter when he claimed that he had inside word that the backflip was on last week. But he took the honourable route and let it go.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sh...daly-cherry-evans-interview-with-matty-johns/

Interesting comments on the friction within the playing group and Tooves' future prospects

Here's the gem. Those 2 plonkers Tallis and Lewis question dce integrity and his qualifications now to captain Qld because can't trust his word.....HELLO Dickheads who's the current captain. The grub responsible for turning league into a UFC match. The grub who signs 2 contracts and then lies about it all. Wake up you fuking dimwits and stop trying to appeal to the moron masses.

Here's the gem. Those 2 plonkers Tallis and Lewis question dce integrity and his qualifications now to captain Qld because can't trust his word.....HELLO Dickheads who's the current captain. The grub responsible for turning league into a UFC match. The grub who signs 2 contracts and then lies about it all. Wake up you fuking dimwits and stop trying to appeal to the moron masses.

I submitted a comment on one of the news.com.au articles this morning (probably a DT one) about why he should never captain Qld...instead, the idiot author thinks that 'honour' should go to Greg Inglis...

My comment was along the lines of what, the same Greg Inglis who was born in NSW, raised in NSW, played his first senior footy in NSW, was never (under current or previous eligibility rules) eligible for any state other than NSW...so complete the farce by making him captain of Queensland?!

I *may* have also enquired as to whether this fine, upstanding citizen they were comparing to the scumbag DCE is the same Greg Inglis who couldn't sign a contract with Brisbane because planes don't fly when it's raining, the same Greg Inglis who stopped his missus 'self-harming' by giving her two black eyes (no need for self harm when you've got a partner to inflict it for you!), the same Greg Inglis who didn't realise it wasn't legit for a $300K boat to just randomly turn up in his driveway...

I'm assuming the reputation journalists have for being hopeless alcoholics is why they seem to have no memory beyond the last few weeks?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8