• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does this mean we're not going after Carney?

Were we ever seriously looking to bring him back to the NRL?

Now that we have the halfback issue settled, and with Foran definitely going to the Speels next season, what do we do for a 5/8? I'm still of the opinion that we should play Killer there next year with Peta into the centres and either Tom or Gutho onto the wing. I still think Killer's best position is centre, but I don't think he has the speed for it any more. He'll be ok this year as we will still have Foran at pivot, but next year......

Wonder if Chez brought the house in GC to make Manly think he was serious about leaving so we would up our offer? Guess we will never know.

Bird said at the pub when in camp with the Blues in Coffs he would sign with Manly if Chez back flipped. Wonder if he will.

Does this mean we're not going after Carney?

Were we ever seriously looking to bring him back to the NRL?

Now that we have the halfback issue settled, and with Foran definitely going to the Speels next season, what do we do for a 5/8? I'm still of the opinion that we should play Killer there next year with Peta into the centres and either Tom or Gutho onto the wing. I still think Killer's best position is centre, but I don't think he has the speed for it any more. He'll be ok this year as we will still have Foran at pivot, but next year......

I don't think so.

With DCE, Lyon, Matai, Gutherson, Turbojet, Snake, Hiku and Jorge, where would you fit him? 9 doesn't go into 7 and one of our current will have to miss out in a full strength back line anyway.

I reckon Jamie will be playing 5/8 next year and either Gutherson or Turbojet in NSW Cup or...Jorge to the forwards as some have suggested.

This is great news! However just a few observations:

I am assuming Fulton played a key behind the scenes role here. How long can we keep relying on Fulton* (nearing 70 years of age), or before him Arthurson** to save the Club’s bacon? That is, someone that knows something about football and how to run a club successfully. I’m not overly confident that Penn, Kelly (although he should continue to improve) et al, have the requisite skills to combine their business acumen with running a football club successfully. I hope I am wrong.

The fact that they considered Foran the one to keep, when Blind Freddy could see he wanted to leave, presumably because Zorba has a man-crush on him, helped set off this whole imbroglio. Zorba should be permanently sidelined by his nephew. It remains to be seen if that happens in the near future. Probably not.

I am sure that some at least, i.e. Fulton/Arthurson, see Toovey as one day fulfilling a similar club legend/mentor role as Fulton himself has, and Arthurson, to date. How they manage the Toovey situation in the near future, could be critical to that ever coming to pass.

*1993 - Graham Lowe’s serious illness, Fulton steps in.
** Just in case anyone needs reminding, Arthurson had the smarts to insist the NRL licence revert to the still solvent Manly-Warringah, who had met the criteria for inclusion in the competition from 2000 onwards, if the Northern Eagles JV collapsed. North Sydney did not meet the criteria, due to insolvency. If not for Arthurson’s foresight, we might not have a club to follow now.

2016 YART time

1. B Stewart
2. J Taufua
3. C Gutherson
4. S Matai
5. T Trbojevic
6. J Lyon (c)
7. D Cherry-Evans
8. N Myles
9. M Ballin
10. J Trbojevic
11. F Mateo
12. J Buhrer
13. D Lui

14. T Symonds
15. J Hodges
16 L Burgess
17 J Starling

18 D Lussick
19 B Lawrence
20 W Mason
21 P Hiku
22 B Leary
23 L Sao
24 J Sene-Lafao
25 A Demetriou

I could handle that as top 25 for next year

Well I'm happy he is staying that's for sure. However we sure have put a lot of eggs in one basket now AND for a long time. Pressure is going to be on for him to deliver. What are everyone's expectations ?? I'm thinking at least 2 more premierships during his tenure is what is required @:p
Agreed. The pressure will be on to deliver every minute of every game.

2 premierships minimum, as well as a dally m at some stage is what I expect from the games highest paid player....

2016 YART time

1. B Stewart
2. J Taufua
3. C Gutherson
4. S Matai
5. T Trbojevic
6. J Lyon (c)
7. D Cherry-Evans
8. N Myles
9. M Ballin
10. J Trbojevic
11. F Mateo
12. J Buhrer
13. D Lui

14. T Symonds
15. J Hodges
16 L Burgess
17 J Starling

18 D Lussick
19 B Lawrence
20 W Mason
21 P Hiku
22 B Leary
23 L Sao
24 J Sene-Lafao
25 A Demetriou

I could handle that as top 25 for next year

only problem with this 25 is that you have next to no depth in the backs. as history has shown us we need cover for snake lyon matai etc. need to elevate someone like riley travers or another to take the spot of little john and an up and coming centre winger to cover the spots of wolfy, williame, blair.

2016 YART time

1. B Stewart
2. J Taufua
3. C Gutherson
4. S Matai
5. T Trbojevic
6. J Lyon (c)
7. D Cherry-Evans
8. N Myles
9. M Ballin
10. J Trbojevic
11. F Mateo