• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
More speculation in the Telegraph tomorrow about Myles and Lussick coming to Manly to assist in keeping DCE.
This would be consistent with Kelly's comments about 'wanting DCE playing at his best and enjoying his teammates'.

any chance you could post the article? Purely so I don't have to subscribe to the telegraph

Manly Sea Eagles ramp up pursuit of Nate Myles and Darcy Lussick
  • DEAN RITCHIE
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • MAY 06, 2015 12:00AM

Manly troops ready to make a charge for the finals
external

Manly troops ready to make a charge for ...
MANLY have ramped up their pursuit of Nate Myles and Darcy Lussick — both close friends of Daly Cherry-Evans — as the NRL’s round 13 signing deadline continues to wreak havoc.

As revealed in The Daily Telegraph on Monday, the Sea Eagles are doing everything they can to convince Cherry-Evans to stay before his 2016 contract with the Gold Coast can be officially ratified next month.

Australian representative forward Myles looks likely to leave the Titans at season’s end, with Manly heavily courting him.

804330-df8edcb8-f2f5-11e4-845d-5939ce041631.jpg

Nate Myles looks set to leave the Titans. Photo: Kit Wise

Meanwhile Eels prop Lussick, who played at the Sea Eagles in 2011-12, is expected to rejoin his former club.

BUZZ: Manly up the ante of DCE backflip bid

GREEN LIGHT: Brookvale surface up to scratch

Manly’s chances of keeping Cherry-Evans would increase significantly should the club sign the pair.

But securing Myles’ signature could hinge on whether Cherry-Evans stays on the northern beaches. But for that to happen the Titans prop would have to commit to the Sea Eagles before round 13.

Given the heavy scrutiny placed on Cherry-Evans last month when it was revealed Manly were still desperate to keep their off-contract star, if he was considering staying he’s unlikely to do so without Myles being signed, sealed and delivered.

The NRL’s round 13 cooling-off rule is again causing sleepless nights on both sides of the border.
Manly Sea Eagles feeling good
external

Frustrated Sea Eagles fans were left distraught when they lost both star halves, Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

Now they potentially face a nervous five-week wait to see whether they can land Myles for their under-fire forward pack, and whether he and Lussick could be enough to convince Cherry-Evans to stay.

Cherry-Evans has signed a multi-million dollar contract with Gold Coast and, for weeks, has claimed “nothing has changed” regarding his future.

Parramatta are resigned to losing Lussick, while the Gold Coast haven’t officially been told whether Myles will leave or stay.

“Nate is our captain and he’s given great service to this club,” said Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley.

“The coach (Neil Henry) has previously indicated he would like keep Nate to stay but at this stage no deal has been finalised.”

804358-8b5fb124-f30b-11e4-845d-5939ce041631.jpg

Titans remain adamant Daly Cherry-Evans will honour his deal. Picture: Troy Snook

Gold Coast are adamant Cherry-Evans will honour his year deal while Penrith have also been heavily linked with Myles.

Just recently, Myles said: “In my heart, I want to stay at the Titans, but I’ll be honest, it doesn’t look like it will be that way.

“It feels like they are trying to pick their side as if it’s a fantasy league, where you can get players at a low value and you then turn them into really genuine first graders.

“In some cases they definitely will, but it doesn’t happen every time.”

Reports out of Queensland suggest Myles could face a pay cut of up to $200,000 to stay at Robina.

Manly desperately need a hard head in their forward pack — and Myles is just that. He is a tough, unrelenting warhorse who could give Manly some necessary starch.

And he could also help persuade DCE to remain a Sea Eagle.

Myles is though getting old and he has battered his body over the years. He turns 30 in June.

For those who wish dce to stay, plus the fact that Mark from brissoland says they read the forums.....

should we change the thread title from "dce backflip" to something a bit more palatable?

I dunno, maybe: dce to stay, or dce to stay, or dce please stay, or dce to right wrongs?

Because you know....every bit helps! Even foz's thread title sounds nicer and we all know what comments are in there!!!

Here is a thought did DCE manager adhere to this
just something else to throw out there @:oops:

Appendix to the Rugby League Accredited Player Agents Rules
CODE OF ETHICS FOR ACCREDITED AGENTS

1 .I will at all times act in accordance with the law and the legitimate best interests of any Player for whom I act as agent. I will deal with them honestly competently, diligently and fairly with a conscientious regard for their personal and professional welfare.

2. I will at all times act in accordance with the rules of the Rugby League Accredited Player Agent Scheme

3. I will at all times use my best endeavours to maximise my Players’ earning potential in the most effective manner by, if necessary, appropriate use of duly qualified professional advice including advice with respect to financial management, taxation and legal issues.

4. Any agreement I enter into with a Player shall be in writing and clearly disclose all fees and commissions payable to me by the Player or any other party. Any variation to such fees or commission rates must be agreed to by the Player in writing.

5. I will not enter into any such agreement with a Player if that Player is registered to another agent on the player-agent register held by the operations manager of the agent accreditation scheme. If there is any doubt, I understand it is my responsibility is to verify the Player’s status with the accreditation scheme operations manager before making any approach to the Player.

6. I will not allow my own financial or other interests or the interests of other persons to diminish my representation of any particular Player and in this regard I will not accept any secret commissions from any party relating to any transaction involving or affecting any Player whom I represent.

7. I will at all times when acting as agent for a Player, keep him fully informed of the nature of the work I am doing in performance of my obligations as his agent and, wherever possible, I shall keep the Player so informed in writing.

8. I shall at all times maintain a sound working knowledge of the NRL Rules and any Schedules and Guidelines to those Rules.

9. I shall at all times proceed with due regard for the need to preserve the confidentiality of any information disclosed to me by any Player for whom I act as agent and not disclose, or allow to be disclosed, confidential information about a Player for whom I act as agent without that Player’s written consent.

Rules are for other people.

I am the only one that is sceptical about these Myles/Lussick rumours? Maybe I'm once bitten but I'd say the odds are well in favour of the Titans signing both and that we are just a ploy to drive up the price tag of both.

I am the only one that is sceptical about these Myles/Lussick rumours? Maybe I'm once bitten but I'd say the odds are well in favour of the Titans signing both and that we are just a ploy to drive up the price tag of both.
No you are not

They could very well be trying to use us to drive up their price tag but I'm sure behind the scenes the club is doing everything it can to help DCE change his mind.
I'm carrying on as if he's gone but one thing I've learned from over 50 yrs supporting this club is ......what Manly wants Manly often gets !

I'm with you. Highly sceptical with all this.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8