• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I rate DCE 1 of the best halves in the NRL.
He can be slightly erratic as an organiser and with game management, but still has a good trick bag and is dangerous both as a runner and passer of the footy and usually a strong kicking game.
Oka not getting enough ball....fair point, but we didn't really have Oka moments after that first 15 mins where we were starved of the footy from silly errors and penalties, he had been involved early as we exploited that edge inside and out.
I did see DCE make a few key 1 on 1 tackles against Eels and he is 1 of the best defensive halves in the game.....the confusion outside is Garrick stilll getting his timing and positioning at centre, particularly in defence and a couple of reads I felt Paulo came in a little prematurely.
DCE can lead Manly to another Premiership and I won't be suprised if he does it again in the next couple of years.

We all realise that sometimes it might be a team plan by seibold NOT to go to Hamole 400 times a game and not just on DCE don't we?
It was pretty obvious I thought that Moses is a pretty good defender and our entire game plan was to bypass Hamole and just go around them.

DCE especially in the attacking zone needs to start running the ball more direct into the line instead of going around in circles before passing the ball. I'm not sure why he is hesitant to run the line when it was one of his best attributes throughout his career, especially early on.

Let's hope the team hold onto the ball and then DCE and the team can strut their stuff and start grinding teams into submission. I would like to see some more repeat sets.

DCE especially in the attacking zone needs to start running the ball more direct into the line instead of going around in circles before passing the ball. I'm not sure why he is hesitant to run the line when it was one of his best attributes throughout his career, especially early on.
At the risk of sounding cynical, this is part of the reason for his longevity and luck with injuries. A little like Cam Smith, play before the line, let someone else take the hits. Headless chook mode is him playing touch, and getting tackled is the last resort, even if it means stuffing up the play. Sorry, this sounds terrible, especially the morning of a game, and feel bad for even writing this. I admire the bloke, last year career best form, and I want nothing more than for him to go out with another premiership. But f*k me, it's been a frustrating ride

Yeah his running game early on was outstanding but as he has aged, the focus has been more on distribution and running the team around the park.

At the risk of sounding cynical, this is part of the reason for his longevity and luck with injuries. A little like Cam Smith, play before the line, let someone else take the hits. Headless chook mode is him playing touch, and getting tackled is the last resort, even if it means stuffing up the play. Sorry, this sounds terrible, especially the morning of a game, and feel bad for even writing this. I admire the bloke, last year career best form, and I want nothing more than for him to go out with another premiership. But f*k me, it's been a frustrating ride
I’ve been thinking a lot about his impending retirement and I have to say, we are not going to know what’s hit us when it happens.

Watching the other clubs, it’s clear that we have a very special halfback in our ranks. Seeing Sam Walker’s attempts at yardage kicks on Thursday night, and watching Burton and Hutchinson fail to give any quality ball to anyone yesterday (least of all Crichton), was scary. We’ll be up **** creek without Daly.

He always kicks well, he always makes sure the edges see ball. He is the reason we are always in position for those beautiful long shifts in our own half. Sure, occasionally he comes up with a clanger but it always looks like we’ve got a plan with the ball. I can’t say that about 2/3 of the teams in the competition.

During Daly’s tenure at Manly, it has always been our defence that has let us down. If he’d played behind a consistently strong defence, he’d be one of the most decorated players the game has seen.

I’ve been thinking a lot about his impending retirement and I have to say, we are not going to know what’s hit us when it happens.

Watching the other clubs, it’s clear that we have a very special halfback in our ranks. Seeing Sam Walker’s attempts at yardage kicks on Thursday night, and watching Burton and Hutchinson fail to give any quality ball to anyone yesterday (least of all Crichton), was scary. We’ll be up **** creek without Daly.

He always kicks well, he always makes sure the edges see ball. He is the reason we are always in position for those beautiful long shifts in our own half. Sure, occasionally he comes up with a clanger but it always looks like we’ve got a plan with the ball. I can’t say that about 2/3 of the teams in the competition.

During Daly’s tenure at Manly, it has always been our defence that has let us down. If he’d played behind a consistently strong defence, he’d be one of the most decorated players the game has seen.
Certainly can't disagree with any of this. Without doubt, he has been a victim of playing in a terribly unstable time for Manly as a club, with a rotating door of coaches, administrators, and partnering halves, and behind a relatively weak forward pack almost the entire time. Nevertheless, what he's been able to do throughout, is remarkable. Like I said, I admire him greatly. I just wish he'd bloody play more direct!

Certainly can't disagree with any of this. Without doubt, he has been a victim of playing in a terribly unstable time for Manly as a club, with a rotating door of coaches, administrators, and partnering halves, and behind a relatively weak forward pack almost the entire time. Nevertheless, what he's been able to do throughout, is remarkable. Like I said, I admire him greatly. I just wish he'd bloody play more direct!
Yep, I also like to see him run without hesitation, i.e, once the decision has been made to run, commit to it fully and take a hit. More often than not, he’d probably come out the other side.

But yeah, so much upside to his game that I’m loathe to criticise him.

Hope that Dally can just look at some of his video clips from last season and how he was able to manage such a high standard consistently at both club and S O O level .
And he has a quite competitive forward pack to work behind so far this season
Coordinating on the edge defence and that less hesitant attack always a bit of an ongoing challenge , Been in O K form so far this season ,
Shown what he is capable of for a good portion of last year and sure that it can still be there for 24 with the right application ..

I see DCE and Brooks being like Reynolds and Esra at the Donkeys. The old man manages the game and the faster younger guy attacks the line. Smart play for a 35 year old playmaker.if it wasn't for 20 minutes of genius from Cleary, the Donkeys win the comp.

Hes been ok. At the game last week, my missus who knows nothing about the game said..Geez your number 7 is good.... So for someone with no idea to make that observation, he's obviously doing ok.

DCE starting slow as he never has a full off-season due to rep duties and load management. That might explain his slow starts.

He also stated it would takew 3-4 rounds to click with Brooks so here we are at round 4. Time to create carnage.

Hutchison yesterday for the dogs reminded me of a slower stockier Hogkinson back in the day.

I have a feeeling with a dry track, pre-season scrimmage knowledge that we are going to rip St Merge today at Steeler Stadium. Pity Saab is not playing against his old club but I am looking for Reuben to do a number on them.

Now we know the secret to his longevity as he has the tendency to go missing in 4-5 games a season. He has now put a few of them together already in 2024.

I’m a fan but can’t stand his inconsistency.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8