• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
You make some good points but it doesn't change that DCE can't control and game manage. When the team struggles he adds to that struggle or makes dumb decisions but don't get me wrong he has some positives like his field goal abilities, long kicking game, durability and tackles tremendously but the negatives out weigh the positives especially when you have plodders around him.
Biggest criticism of DCE, is that he's more of a heads up type of half who plays what's in front of him rather than setup or start attacking backline movements. Agree on being a great defender and for the most part has a great kicking game and probably rated no1 for field goals.

I can’t blame DCE for taking the coin on offer. Anyone else would do the same, and it shouldn’t be held against him. While I understand the salary cap implications, it annoys me how much people bang on about how much he’s paid. Good luck to him for doing the best he can. He’s not on his own doing that.

But as a player I always had a nagging doubt that he wasn’t good enough to lead us to our next premiership, and by the back end of this season that nagging doubt has become a certainty. I can’t see us being contenders while he is here, so I’m looking forward to the day he goes. While we may not be contenders immediately after that, at least we will be able to start building into it.

Biggest criticism of DCE, is that he's more of a heads up type of half who plays what's in front of him rather than setup or start attacking backline movements. Agree on being a great defender and for the most part has a great kicking game and probably rated no1 for field goals.
If DCE was that structured footy player, more the Cronk type I think this team would have had more success the last 6 years. That's the type of halve Manly have struggled to have with only Green and Foran bringing that structured game management and consistency to the team. It's scary to think that Schuster will now play 5/8 when he is also a player who plays what's in front of him.

I am amazed that through this whole thread there are plenty who blame DCE.

He plays in a certain way that has not really changed over the years, he asks for a contract amount that the club can choose to pay or not. These are all club lead choices (your employer offers you the same money you have gotten in the past despite your performance declining...what are you going to do?)

The issue as always with our club is not so much with the player but the clear lack of leadership and vision from the club.

By multiple posters, multiple times on this forum. Didn't think its was worth rehashing in detail.

Of course, but we all see what we want to see.

In terms of overall value, I just don't know where I'd put Cherry. In purely monetary terms, I reckon he's overpaid, especially considering the percentage he takes of the team's salary cap, but his price is decided by the market and he's always been entitled to take as much as he can get. In terms of his value to the team, it's difficult to say if the negatives outweigh the positives overall.

In part I think that's because DCE is one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen play rugby league. I've said before that he reminds me of the little girl who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead: when he's good, he's very, very good, but when he is bad, he is horrid. Sometimes he looks like the best halfback in the NRL; at other times he looks like he's never played a game of rugby league in his life.

But nothing any of us says matters. Fact is, we're stuck with him, and we need to make the best of it.

Hey Ron E. that's my line about what we want to see. Been saying it over and over on this forum.

What posters say on this forum, no matter how many, its not the true situation, its only true to their perspective. You're right. We are all biased in some way and we have our leanings that influence how we perceive. I look at the items on this site and note the position you may hold is shared by many, and yet it is also not shared by many. That's because we view things differently and are influenced by our likes and dislikes. It distorts reality in our minds.

I try my best to view as much of the evidence as I can, as I was trained to do, before coming to a position. But I also know that position is still only perspective, because I also know I have biases. If we truly believe in our own rightness then we're little different than Trump. I state an opinion, and try my best to do so by allowing the evidence to lead me, but I'm human and know in the end its just a point of view, as are your comments and those on this site. There are no rights or wrongs only perspectives.

3 more years will feel like for ever.

Forever is a long time. DCE has been very fortunate to have avoided serious injuries but as I suggested, I suspect that wont last 'forever'. We'll need a good replacement for those times and if Humphreys lives up to that reputation, he may be our half back well before that 3 years is up

Lot of doom and gloom happening at present. I dont feel that. Had a bad year, but the signs I believe are there that '23 promises (if no serious injuries again interfere) a big step forward. Got the back line in DCE, Schuster, Garrick, Koula, Saab and Tom and Weekes sharing the centre/full back roles. Got some top forwards in Paseka, Ola and Aloiai. The there's Burbo, Roumanos, Bullemor who will improve. Just need one or two decent tough forwards (is Klemmer available?), and a hooker to support Croker...Maybe Tong. And hopefully Tu'itavaka and Sykes will develop well, over the off season. Maybe even see if Bradman Best is available.

Forever is a long time. DCE has been very fortunate to have avoided serious injuries but as I suggested, I suspect that wont last 'forever'. We'll need a good replacement for those times and if Humphreys lives up to that reputation, he may be our half back well before that 3 years is up

Lot of doom and gloom happening at present. I dont feel that. Had a bad year, but the signs I believe are there that '23 promises (if no serious injuries again interfere) a big step forward. Got the back line in DCE, Schuster, Garrick, Koula, Saab and Tom and Weekes sharing the centre/full back roles. Got some top forwards in Paseka, Ola and Aloiai. The there's Burbo, Roumanos, Bullemor who will improve. Just need one or two decent tough forwards (is Klemmer available?), and a hooker to support Croker...Maybe Tong. And hopefully Tu'itavaka and Sykes will develop well, over the off season. Maybe even see if Bradman Best is available.
Lets just hope for further development from our players on the fringe of first grade for next season. Heard the extra cap increase for 2023 will be around the 1m mark, if this is the case, need to spend this wisely on two hardnosed 20s something forwards.

Interesting interview with DCE on the footy show channel 9 this morning.

Total bollocks that DCE and family had a separate house away from the rest of the team in the Sunshine coast during covid.

DCE chose to pay additional $$ to get a bigger unit in the Manly complex to house his wife and 3 kids. He was never away from the rest of the team.

Where do these lies come from in the media and why are they not accountable?

One thing that IS factual, is just this week, DCE and both Trbojevics were out sharing a coffee and a laugh, despite what you actually read (everywhere). It's embarrassing that Tom and Daly had to confirm they get on - particularly to Weidler ffs.

One thing that IS factual, is just this week, DCE and both Trbojevics were out sharing a coffee and a laugh, despite what you actually read (everywhere). It's embarrassing that Tom and Daly had to confirm they get on - particularly to Weidler ffs.
Geez, if I was them I would have staged a fake barney that included cups flying and then sat back and watched in hysterics as it was plastered all over Foxsports. Of course, as a Manly fan, I would have had to endure more pain and suffering having not been in on the joke.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14