• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Can't disagree with a lot of your points there. For me its like the coach situation. If there is someone better with tangible upside then let Des walk.
Same for Cherry but I just don't see any available 7's that are markidly cheaper that would come to us.
Oh I agree totally - I dont see a better number 7 available. Cust... not better by far but might have blossomed in the UK and he is certainly a heart and soul player. My point I suppose was that we should have been planning for a younger player to be ready to step in.... certainl;y as soon as the Dolphins got the licence. Maybe all their hopes are on young Fainu but that seems 2/3 years off at least yet and still a big maybe. But yes on the 7 and coaching front... to me the cupboards are bare.

Tis a sad period for our beloved Sea Eagles. For the past decade we seem to be a basket case gradually getting out of the mire (sorry for the malaphor), and then slip sliding again back into it.

We can point the finger at Des or DCE or Schuster's manager or the Penns, the balance of the team, factions in the team or Tom's hamstring. Trouble is that its a whole raft of issues and in the end, its all about us not winning. As Steve Mortimer once said 'Its not how you play the game, its whether you win or lose'. Sadly that's the truth of the matter.

If Tom had been playing, if Des had used Schuster at 5/8 at the start, if Fainu hadnt been charged and convicted, if Manly's admin hadnt made some dumb mistakes with the salary cap etc etc we would probably be up there playing a grand final and all this stuff we're complaining about would not be occurring. When you lose, there's all sorts of recriminations, excuses, infighting, end of the world stuff. Yes the Penns probably made mistakes, the administration made some accounting blunders, Des has been too intransigent, DCE has got too much of a big head, Schuster's manager spat the dummy, Fainu seems to have acted real dumb and Tommy needs a new hammy. Looking for blame when things go wrong is a major sport in itself. But blaming wont solve the problem.

I dont know what's happening behind the scenes, but all of these people take their roles very seriously. But they're human with human frailties. And Turbo is right. In a team, you're not going to be best mates with everyone. I recall playing minor union comps and couldnt tell you the names of many in the team I played with. But when we win we're all good mates, when we dont, someone is at fault...has to be surely. These guys, many still kids, are just like we were at that age. Des may have reached the stage where he needs young thinking (old dogs and tricks come to mind). Injuries are always going to be a downer

Hopefully common sense will prevail. I dont know the outcome but from hereon in its rebuilding the team and relationships. Waste of time and energy blaming. Solutions are the only way out of this. Hope they're up to it lest the rickety old basket case slips again back into the mire.

Last edited:
Yep fair, respectfully is fine, but if you run through this thread and most of the game day ones, respect turns into downright abuse fairly quickly

It’s not so much that the fan discussion solely drives people over the edge, but the personal attack and vitriol that the players themselves may not read, but family and friends do and would no doubt relay it to them and if not a starting point, it can be a contributor to the spiral when the media is piling on publicly as well week after week

The best thing about this forum in its early days was everyone had the ability to talk about the game and players without having to hop into the gutter, the great Jye Mullane who the site was built on never copped the it as rough with the abuse as we currently see lol
It’s interesting to note (and I agree with your remark wholeheartedly) but who have the members of this club consistently voted as winner of the GW medal…… DCE

Seems the forum just attracts a more forthright and opinionated crowd. That same crowd needs to reflect on the fact more members like/love/respect DCE than loathe him, ergo he is good for the club

Last edited:
It’s interesting to note (and I agree with your remark wholeheartedly) but who have the members of this club consistently voted as winner of the GW medal…… DCE

Seems the forum just attracts a more forthright and opinionated crowd. That same crowd needs to reflect on the fact more members like/love/respect DCE than loathe him, ergo he is good for the club
A halfback or a fullback will win the majority of votes in any popularity contest because they are much more visible than players in other positions. DCE would expect to win such a contest, with Turbo being out for most of the season.
He has been a great player, but his performances are waning as he ages. This season he was very inconsistent. Like most members I can't understand the logic of extending his contract beyond next year's original term. I'd like to hear from the recruitment team (if we still have one) their thinking behind the extension.

Bottom line still seems to revolve around value for money in D C E 's case . Whatever prism it is viewed at , just has not provided it consistently . Even taking into account marquee allowances , T P A 's or whatever . Consequently in terms of [ well in my opinion an over valuation ] and not an unreasonable take on his highest paid player status , another 300 k or so that could have been directed [ additional contract amount ] for another high level performer or keeping or trying to keep A F B . Pretty sure that Turbo and all things normal would have been more considered more for any G W award if he had stayed healthy during the past few seasons and Foz must have surely been a serious contender for the award the past couple of seasons if on field value is any guide or criteria . Teams worst defensive edge is still on D C E "s side , any N R l side just has to be directed around the park on a regular basis to be any chance of gaining an advantage regardless of the circumstances . Anyway again think that the majority of concerns with the D C E issue still relates to value for money for the highest paid player in the comp

A halfback or a fullback will win the majority of votes in any popularity contest because they are much more visible than players in other positions. DCE would expect to win such a contest, with Turbo being out for most of the season.
He has been a great player, but his performances are waning as he ages. This season he was very inconsistent. Like most members I can't understand the logic of extending his contract beyond next year's original term. I'd like to hear from the recruitment team (if we still have one) their thinking behind the extension.
I could be wrong - but thought it was an accumulation of member voted MOM for the year?

Even if members “player of the year”

Anthony Watmough
Ben Kennedy
Jake Trbojevic
Jamie Lyon

Would argue with their multiple awards it isn’t a fait accompli that FB and HB are a lock

I've never been a fan of DCE and have said so on occasion on here, a footy forum. The whole point of a footy forum is for people to argue their point of view presumably and hopefully, respectfully.
What I do have a bit of an issue with is the number of people using Paul Green as an example as to why 'negative' opinions can't be shared as you have here KE, but this is not aimed at you specifically.
No doubt it was a tragedy, as were the (statistically) six other men and three women who also took their lives that day and every day since, a vast majority of whom would never have been mentioned in media, social or otherwise.
Green was one of the most popular blokes in the game and I highly doubt it was fan discussion that drove him to abandon his wife and family forever.
People who commit suicide suffer from clinical depression, not just the sadness that overtakes us all when things aren't going our way or criticisms are made.
This is not to say that all discussion of others shouldn't be done respectfully but it is an effort to get people to understand that clinical depression is a severe mental health condition, one which is not caused by mere fan criticism.
Sorry KE, it's just bugging me a bit.
I already gave you a winner icon @Budgie , but I just wanted to say really well done on the stats, and your knowledge of what clinical depression really is.

I've never been a fan of DCE and have said so on occasion on here, a footy forum. The whole point of a footy forum is for people to argue their point of view presumably and hopefully, respectfully.
What I do have a bit of an issue with is the number of people using Paul Green as an example as to why 'negative' opinions can't be shared as you have here KE, but this is not aimed at you specifically.
No doubt it was a tragedy, as were the (statistically) six other men and three women who also took their lives that day and every day since, a vast majority of whom would never have been mentioned in media, social or otherwise.
Green was one of the most popular blokes in the game and I highly doubt it was fan discussion that drove him to abandon his wife and family forever.
People who commit suicide suffer from clinical depression, not just the sadness that overtakes us all when things aren't going our way or criticisms are made.
This is not to say that all discussion of others shouldn't be done respectfully but it is an effort to get people to understand that clinical depression is a severe mental health condition, one which is not caused by mere fan criticism.
Sorry KE, it's just bugging me a bit.

There is many ways depression creeps into one's life, and absolutely one of those ways is "when things aren't going our way or criticism are made". Things like relationship breakdowns, loss of job, brushes with the law, deaths in the family, are all proven to cause someone to be diagnosed with depression.

I would suspect constant untrue stories being written about you in your workplace, questioning your standing within said workplace, would be another form of trauma that could send one down a dark road.

Have you ever been on the receiving end of lies and rumours about you at work, or in your personal life?? How did that make you feel if so?

How would it have made you feel if those lies and rumours were then splashed across newspapers for days on end, and then a group of strangers talked about you non stop in forums for days and weeks on end? Would it not effect you because you knew it wasn't true, or you didn't know the people,? Or would you just try and ignore it?

Even worse, how would you feel if all of this was happening to someone you care about??

It would be naive to think your words online don't have an impact on someone, just because they are a public figure, and they don't know who you are. They are not a piece of meat. They are human.

question ,,,who is the recruitment team ??

There is many ways depression creeps into one's life, and absolutely one of those ways is "when things aren't going our way or criticism are made". Things like relationship breakdowns, loss of job, brushes with the law, deaths in the family, are all proven to cause someone to be diagnosed with depression.

I would suspect constant untrue stories being written about you in your workplace, questioning your standing within said workplace, would be another form of trauma that could send one down a dark road.

Have you ever been on the receiving end of lies and rumours about you at work, or in your personal life?? How did that make you feel if so?

How would it have made you feel if those lies and rumours were then splashed across newspapers for days on end, and then a group of strangers talked about you non stop in forums for days and weeks on end? Would it not effect you because you knew it wasn't true, or you didn't know the people,? Or would you just try and ignore it?

Even worse, how would you feel if all of this was happening to someone you care about??

It would be naive to think your words online don't have an impact on someone, just because they are a public figure, and they don't know who you are. They are not a piece of meat. They are human.
All valid.I think you kinda missed my point but that's my fault for a lack of clarity.
I really don't want to hijack the thread further by diving into a deep discussion on this.
Suicide is a tragedy.

For all the dump DCE crew, worth noting that the Knights and Titans made the 8 last year and let experienced haves go in Pearce and Fogarty and both collapsed.

The Cowboys and Broncos brought in experienced halves and greatly improved.

Sharks after releasing Chad mid last year missed the 8 then brought in Hynes and came 2nd.

Raiders were shot this year then an experienced half in Fogarty started playing around round 15 and they then made the finals.

DCE has his flaws but I think some here might not know what we have till its gone.

Hunt is 32 and DCE 33

Though I guess it depends your definition of significantly....
And by that metric given Hunt has also been on 1million dollars a season for past 5 years you would have to say DCE has been the better performing half based on pure results would you not?

Career wise?

I don’t know we must be a minority when it comes to what other members think of dce…didn’t he win the members award?
I just don’t see what they see..we invested 10m in this guy to lead us to great things which he hasn’t so we go and extend him for another 2..I read back that manly are aiming at fainu/humphreys for the 6 and 7 spots but now we have dce for another 2 will humphreys look elsewhere and what about schuster…where will it leave him?

And by that metric given Hunt has also been on 1million dollars a season for past 5 years you would have to say DCE has been the better performing half based on pure results would you not?

Career wise?
The only result that truly matters is Premiership Trophies. Neither us nor St Merge have won one in last 5 years. If we are being honest we have really only been a punchers chance once over that time and that was last year when Tommy was playing next level footy and dragged us there on his own.

Career wise?
Hunt took 3 years to reach his potential
DCE is like being on hold from a qantas call centre, still waiting, little intermittent hopes and clicks randomly on the line , flickers of hope before the carnival music starts again. still waiting

Hunt, like dce was signed in hope they would reach there potential, would justify there lofty price tag. Hunt eventually did , dce …….meh . Hunt is growing as a leader while dces leadership qualities are questionable and seen as a growing concern,

we have had no great success to be chest beating about or fearing to protect under the current 7. His form is always off someones else back, others can play that role

but if hunt had been our 7 last year when tom was on fire we wouldnt have fizzed out so early in each finals match

also hunt and foran this year would have has us significantly higher on the table without a doubt.

not too mention the extra 200k could bring,

both players are currently playing out there legacy seasons now . they have come of age, learnt the craft, but only one is an on field leader, the difference is vast

do you guys even have TV in london ?

For all the dump DCE crew, worth noting that the Knights and Titans made the 8 last year and let experienced haves go in Pearce and Fogarty and both collapsed.

The Cowboys and Broncos brought in experienced halves and greatly improved.

Sharks after releasing Chad mid last year missed the 8 then brought in Hynes and came 2nd.

Raiders were shot this year then an experienced half in Fogarty started playing around round 15 and they then made the finals.

DCE has his flaws but I think some here might not know what we have till its gone.
Acknowledge most of what you say, however what stands out to me is the Sharks, the Sharks are the only side to go with a young and inexperienced half, a player on the way up and they have gained the most.

I think we just need some reinvigoration and change, sure DCE has a skill set and has been durable, but I can’t see us progressing or improving with a 33 yo half who may or may not have polarised a divide in the side, regardless we are stale and his leadership is poor.

I would like us to mirror the Sharks and improve, they brought in a new coach, picked up a couple of astute purchases, like Nicho, who is the future, compared with DCE who is well past his prime and weigh up the price tags, the winner is obvious, anyway we‘ll just go on with the same old **** and hope that we can produce something better than the same old ****, paying overs and hoping for the best!

Last edited:
Acknowledge most of what you say, however what stands out to me is the Sharks, the Sharks are the only side to go with a young and inexperienced half, a player on the way up and they have gained the most.

I think we just need some reinvigoration and change, sure DCE has a skill set and has been durable, but I can’t see us progressing or improving with a 33 yo half who may or may not have polarised a divide in the side, regardless we are stale and his leadership is poor.

I would like us to mirror the Sharks and improve, they brought in a new coach, picked up a couple of astute purchases, like Nicho, who is the future, compared with DCE who is well past his prime and weigh up the price tags, the winner is obvious, anyway we‘ll just go on with the same old ** and hope that we can produce something better than the same old **, paying overs and hope for the best!
I mean Nicho had played in a GF and been in NSW camps so he was hardly a green rookie.

But take your point on board and I would be more open to moving DCE on if we had a Hynes equivalent on the table. But I dont see anyone of that ilk available.

Add the that Hynes partnered an experienced Moylan in the halves. If we replaced DCE with a inexperienced half they would be partnering with Schuster or possibly Weekes.

Just dont see it. For 2023 DCE is our best bet alongside Shoe or maybe Weekes with hopegully Latu and Humphries continuing to develop

I mean Nicho had played in a GF and been in NSW camps so he was hardly a green rookie.

But take your point on board and I would be more open to moving DCE on if we had a Hynes equivalent on the table. But I dont see anyone of that ilk available.

Add the that Hynes partnered an experienced Moylan in the halves. If we replaced DCE with a inexperienced half they would be partnering with Schuster or possibly Weekes.

Just dont see it. For 2023 DCE is our best bet alongside Shoe or maybe Weekes with hopegully Latu and Humphries continuing to develop
All true, I was mainly referring to Nicho being an inexperienced half, I also realise that we‘ll probably stick with DCE for the next 3 years, had we of not panicked at the thought of the Fins chasing him (which may of been a lost opportunity) and had we not rushed into extending him, perhaps we may of been able to explore the market and our options for a fresh start.

Cant lie, I’m not just super worried about our halves pairing next year, as much as I hope it works and for our sake as much as I want it to work, I just can’t see the upside, where stale and theres so many negatives, most of which have already been well covered, no need to go over it again, thinking I’ll just try and enjoy the finals and wait to see what 23 brings, here’s hoping!

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14