• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The press conference after the Raiders game wasn’t good for DCE, earlier in the week his main concern was the kangaroos tour and his fear of missing it due to the clubs horrendous performances of late.

If he could put his main focus on his form and leading this team out of its current state he would demand selection, on form he shouldn’t be picked.

For me Turbo needs to be club captain.

How do you have a 1.2 million dollar player that is a constant target in defence for opposition teams, and ****s up nearly everything on the other side of the ball with constant terrible kicks and/or passes? He is afraid to take the ball into the line, we have what should be the most destructive 2nd rower in the game on his edge who never gets good ball and he clearly can’t lead the team around the park as a captain or organiser. A genuine liability and yet he is the most paid player in the game who we EXTENDED early for another 2 years (and that was Des’s decision for those who think none of this is his fault)

If this bloke thinks he’s going to be the Australian #7 he needs to take a long hard look at himself.

How do you have a 1.2 million dollar player that is a constant target in defence for opposition teams, and ****s up nearly everything on the other side of the ball with constant terrible kicks and/or passes? He is afraid to take the ball into the line, we have what should be the most destructive 2nd rower in the game on his edge who never gets good ball and he clearly can’t lead the team around the park as a captain or organiser. A genuine liability and yet he is the most paid player in the game who we EXTENDED early for another 2 years (and that was Des’s decision for those who think none of this is his fault)

If this bloke thinks he’s going to be the Australian #7 he needs to take a long hard look at himself.
Yep there is a reason he never gets injured 🤔

Not much love for DCE these days is there ? The only thing I find surprising about this is that it has taken people this long to realise he may not be that good after all. Instead of spending time making excuses for the guy you just had to look at the fundamentals of his game. We've struggled for a few years now. PVL ball and Turbo covered up a lot of his shortcomings last year. Sure the 40/20's and the odd field goal are great, but we need more than that. His Captaincy is questionable as well.

The biggest crime in all this is how we decided to extend his contract for a further two years. We had a potential out after next season to start a rebuild and move on from his massively overpaid contract hamstringing our recruitment. Now we are consigning ourselves to another 3 years of mediocrity.

The other galling aspect is that DCE almost always plays well when representing Queensland.
He has been a great player; I'd argue the best halfback of a stellar bunch we've produced (primarily because of his longevity).
He is tough, resilient and obviously plays whilst carrying injuries. However, like every player, his time is nearing an end. We've seen the best of him, and the club has stuffed up yet again by extending his contract for two years. I do feel that, in time, he will become a successful coach and/or a smart administrator for the sport.

Not much love for DCE these days is there ? The only thing I find surprising about this is that it has taken people this long to realise he may not be that good after all. Instead of spending time making excuses for the guy you just had to look at the fundamentals of his game. We've struggled for a few years now. PVL ball and Turbo covered up a lot of his shortcomings last year. Sure the 40/20's and the odd field goal are great, but we need more than that. His Captaincy is questionable as well.

The biggest crime in all this is how we decided to extend his contract for a further two years. We had a potential out after next season to start a rebuild and move on from his massively overpaid contract hamstringing our recruitment. Now we are consigning ourselves to another 3 years of mediocrity.
In some ways it is a surprise people have taken so long in other respects not surprising. It is because of such a well rounded skillset many are easily impressed to distraction from focusing or analyzing his poor delivery from a structure and science behind the game standpoint.

I argued this here at the very start of his career and was laughed down like i had some kind of agenda against DCE, many here kept placing DCE above Cronk which is laughable to say the least.

I actually think as DCE slows down his game will improve(he will be forced to focus on more efficient delivery methods of his skillset and science behind his game) and will be a great purchase for the Dolphins.

The sad thing is this year i actually saw elements of DCE's game where you could see someone had a word to him or he is thinking about his game in more detail to be effective. The loss against Cronulla(in small parts of the game) at Shark Park to me showed DCE was thinking about taking the line on more and squaring up his lines for more effective outside back plays.

The risk for Manly is getting sucked into this "potential" he has to offer which i feel is possible but not at Manly. Even if DCE reaches more of his potential Manly are at the stage now of having to groom players for the next decade and should of taken the punt on the best up and coming half or develop through our system while retaining Foran or Walker or both.

DCE should of went to the Broncos or Dolphins and i'm sure he would be playing great at either squad to the point Manly fans would be saying "oh look what we are missing" but that would be a short term way of thinking.

To me it would be a win win situation, Manly finally develop a new spine and way of playing to take us forward, DCE gets refreshed and starts to play in a more mature composed manner due to age and speed, Manly's cap space is greatly improved, DCE retains a high contract also moving on.

I actually rate DCE and from a coaching standpoint he is the type of player skillset wise and fitness wise most coaches would love to develop, i just feel he either doesn't take it on board enough or Des has been too lazy to address his flaws or our technical staff can't see it or have no idea how to address his ineffective delivery methods.

DCE is selfish and ordinary, and Mestrov is asking him for ideas on how to shape the club going forward.

That'll do me. Mestrov is ridiculous.

1. Does **** all until he physically sits in the chair (fail) - a behavior that has huge % of incoming CEO's failing
2. Doesn't support ARKO, or tell anyone to, despite being right there in QLD
3. Doesn't discuss the gang or jersey crap as he says the NRL have and that's enough
4. Club is literally imploding, and he's organizing a holiday to America (which other clubs reject)
5. Asks a mercenary in DCE, and a bloke who never plays (Turbo) about club decisions - Jake I'm okay with
6. Most CEO's make an announcement or two when they come in to endear the fans to him (we got nothing)

Mestrov seems to be a dead set puppet for Penn, already.

Can someone explain this constant aimless tactic of DCE of putting up bombs on the 5th straight to fullbacks who have no pressure on them and end up over the 30m line first tackle. Is this what the club pays so much for ?

You seen Burton's bombs? Holy **** dude. Think Tuipulotu (the scrub), Koula and Vega are in for a treat this coming weekend haha.

You seen Burton's bombs? Holy **** dude. Think Tuipulotu (the scrub), Koula and Vega are in for a treat this coming weekend haha.
Yes and as has been the case for years none of them can catch or even look like they practice catching. Our ability to defuse long bombs, short kicks, short drop-outs or retrieve them is appalling and has been for years.

DCE is selfish and ordinary, and Mestrov is asking him for ideas on how to shape the club going forward.

That'll do me. Mestrov is ridiculous.

1. Does **** all until he physically sits in the chair (fail) - a behavior that has huge % of incoming CEO's failing
2. Doesn't support ARKO, or tell anyone to, despite being right there in QLD
3. Doesn't discuss the gang or jersey crap as he says the NRL have and that's enough
4. Club is literally imploding, and he's organizing a holiday to America (which other clubs reject)
5. Asks a mercenary in DCE, and a bloke who never plays (Turbo) about club decisions - Jake I'm okay with
6. Most CEO's make an announcement or two when they come in to endear the fans to him (we got nothing)

Mestrov seems to be a dead set puppet for Penn, already.
You seem to know a lot more about him than I do.
I'll give him the off season before making my judgement.
I admire DCE's intelligence. He is one of the smarter and more lucid NRL players. Seeking his opinion makes sense to me, although his on field decision-making is on the decline.
I fear we will never reach the level of a 'tier one team' again because of our ownership structure. The Penns are not wealthy enough to be able to put the club performances ahead of money, like uncle Nick, and we don't have the financial support of a bulging leagues club.
Sadly, I can't see a club with worse long-term potential than Manly. All of the current bottom teams have a glimmer of hope, be it either plenty of juniors, a growing catchment area, or strong financial backing.

Can someone explain this constant aimless tactic of DCE of putting up bombs on the 5th straight to fullbacks who have no pressure on them and end up over the 30m line first tackle. Is this what the club pays so much for ?
Mate he is plain out crap only performs somewhat decent in a team of stars..I can’t stand the sight of him and I’ve said for yrs that we will never win a comp with him in his 10 yr contract..can’t believe we extended him..once our final hopes were over both Dce and Foran should of been given early marks for 22 and humphreys/schuster or humphreys/weekes depending on what works best given a chance

Was at the game yesterday and he wasn’t interacting with anyone at all when we were scored against or there was a break in play. Just a forlorn look waiting to kick it back to the raiders ….

I was at the game too and can confirm 100% what you are saying.

He is not part of our team. Foz was the leader on the field and one of the few trying, sometimes it didn't work out.

The number of times DCE played wing in defence for first 3 tackles was concerning. Not every set or anything that extreme but 3 or 4 times in the match was a clear indication of a man trying to stay healthy for World Cup.

I am a fan but for the sake of the team he needs to go to the Dolphins next season. He represents no value for us and I am sure he'd flourish in a new team.

Go with our blessing Cherry.

In some ways it is a surprise people have taken so long in other respects not surprising. It is because of such a well rounded skillset many are easily impressed to distraction from focusing or analyzing his poor delivery from a structure and science behind the game standpoint.

I argued this here at the very start of his career and was laughed down like i had some kind of agenda against DCE, many here kept placing DCE above Cronk which is laughable to say the least.

I actually think as DCE slows down his game will improve(he will be forced to focus on more efficient delivery methods of his skillset and science behind his game) and will be a great purchase for the Dolphins.

The sad thing is this year i actually saw elements of DCE's game where you could see someone had a word to him or he is thinking about his game in more detail to be effective. The loss against Cronulla(in small parts of the game) at Shark Park to me showed DCE was thinking about taking the line on more and squaring up his lines for more effective outside back plays.

The risk for Manly is getting sucked into this "potential" he has to offer which i feel is possible but not at Manly. Even if DCE reaches more of his potential Manly are at the stage now of having to groom players for the next decade and should of taken the punt on the best up and coming half or develop through our system while retaining Foran or Walker or both.

DCE should of went to the Broncos or Dolphins and i'm sure he would be playing great at either squad to the point Manly fans would be saying "oh look what we are missing" but that would be a short term way of thinking.

To me it would be a win win situation, Manly finally develop a new spine and way of playing to take us forward, DCE gets refreshed and starts to play in a more mature composed manner due to age and speed, Manly's cap space is greatly improved, DCE retains a high contract also moving on.

I actually rate DCE and from a coaching standpoint he is the type of player skillset wise and fitness wise most coaches would love to develop, i just feel he either doesn't take it on board enough or Des has been too lazy to address his flaws or our technical staff can't see it or have no idea how to address his ineffective delivery methods.
You could be right about him as a player and with regard to his playing future, however for me there is another aspect to the equation, it’s not the skillset, his fitness, his longevity or having the formula that most coaches would be happy to work with, it’s the man himself, yes his a clean skin and has a quality most clubs would envy, but its his place among his peers, his team mates, that stands out as the primary issue.

There‘s plenty of past history that exposes it, pretty much started after the 2011 premiership and the fallout with some of the senior playing group that had taken under s to help us win that premiership, I remember the headlines, “pay me what I’m worth” followed by Titans debacle and the 10 year contract, choc and to a lesser extent Mason, who both publicly aired their thoughts about Chez, I’m sure there would be many others that have remained silent in terms of speaking out publicly, the earlier Qld origin group JT, Cronk, Smith and others who lets say didn’t warm to the bloke.

As a senior player, captain, on field leader and being the highest paid player in the game, can you honestly say his team mates look up to him, follow him as an inspirational leader? I think not, actually I think it’s the exact opposite, it’s become so toxic, I can’t see how we move forward under his leadership, it’s obvious Des has his back, which perhaps is correct, but not to the point of where things currently stand, its more than just the divide in the group, his personal form, on field decisions, his leadership and on field respect are all but gone, it’s not that hard to read the room, its both tragic and embarrassing for our club.

Its well and truly time for a shake out, I was looking forward to DCE‘s tenure ending and the club being able to build into a new era. I can’t understand why we extended him and I can’t see his extension being tenable moving forward, especially given recent circumstances. There’s no repairing our club at present without some massive changes, to think that next years playing group is all but locked under the same leadership structures and without some quality replacements is pretty depressing. I wish the clean out and rebuild would start now, from the top Down. Forget the ownership and the admin it’s not for sale, but the Coach, Captain and the playing group need to be rebuilt and should be addressed ASAP, starting with our captain and our coach, it’s over and I’m dredging next year if we stick with the current status quo.

I was also, eagerly anticipating the end of his ridiculously inflated contract. Although, there didn’t seem much talk from the club about moving in a different direction (ALA Reynolds & Souths). It’s a really disappointing situation all round. I can’t recall there being any interest in DCE from any other club. No that it mattered as it seems, both parties were keen to negotiate the extension.
On the surface, he seemed like an ideal signing for the Dolphins. Current QLD Captain, ‘Marquee’ player and I think he may have come from Ipswich originally? However, nothing from Bennett. I wonder why?
So what is it…. 3 more seasons of tolerating him in the team. If we have Des for the same period, nothing will change. We’ve got arguably the game’s best player and we’re wasting the best years of his career playing #DesandChez ball. Sad

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8