• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Brookie Brawler

Reserve Grader
A blast from the past here. Nice to know no more negotiations with DCE that's for sure!

Manly's Cherry-Evans in rich new deal
SMH March 24, 2012 (no writer named)

A COMMITMENT by Manly to retain the core of last year's NRL grand final-winning side was the deciding factor in Daly Cherry-Evans staying with the club.

The 23-year-old yesterday put pen to paper on a lucrative upgrade to his current deal, lifting it to what is believed to be around $500,000 per season. The new agreement puts him on par with the likes of Johnathan Thurston, Billy Slater and Greg Inglis as one of the top earners in the game, and represents an exponential rise from his present $85,000-a-year deal.

''He's doing the business on the field and the new contract reflects that,'' Cherry-Evans' manager Gavin Orr said. Orr requested an official release for his client from the final year of his contract last week, but denied he was playing hard-ball to get the club to agree to his demands. ''That wasn't the case at all. I just wanted to see what was out there and wanted to ensure Daly got a deal that represented his market value,'' Orr said.

''He wanted to stay at Manly and wanted to know that others will, too. He was given some undertakings by the club that they were trying to keep players and, once we sat down with the board and worked things out, he was happy to show his commitment to them.''

Cherry-Evans had one of the finest rookie campaigns in many years in 2011, helping the Sea Eagles to a second premiership in four seasons and also making his Test debut for Australia on the Four Nations tour.

He has been widely tipped to be a member of the Queensland state-of-origin team this year, filling the utility bench role.

''Manly gave me my start in the NRL and I love it here,'' Cherry-Evans said. ''I get the opportunity to play with so many committed, talented players and it's great to know I'll be here for years to come.''

Despite his whirlwind start to life in the NRL, Manly coach Geoff Toovey believes the club has yet to see the best of Cherry-Evans. ''He's a superstar of the future and with the quality players he has around him, we can continue our winning formula,'' Toovey said.

Jax24

Reserve Grader
Has anyone seen or heard from @Mavin since all this broke? I imagine he's hiding until another doomsday level event that he can bag the club for rears its head.....:giggle:

MEME2015-06-05-01-02-50.jpg

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
My concern is come the contract time tom and jake t do we have enough for a upgrade as there going to be a lot of interest.
Killer, Matai and Ballin all coming off and retiring at that point so should be plenty of cash.

lurker

Beaver lover
My concern is come the contract time tom and jake t do we have enough for a upgrade as there going to be a lot of interest.
Its like the buddy deal for the swans. Everyone though it was worth a lot more than it actually was. Its coming out now that it's 8 years 10mil and of that 10mil there are third party deals in it. So average of about 1.25 mil a year for 8 years. Considering we were going to throw 2 mil at our halves we should still have some room. All depends on how much third party is in there. I imagine fox would have been throwing a bit of coin at him and I read today that we were trying to keep the third partys that were set up to do with the tits lol

ManlyMit

Reserve Grader
Sportal have a garbage article saying that manly should of went all out for Foran instead of DCE. Article stated that "Kieran Foran is much more Manly than Cherry-Evans will ever be."

I have just about heard it all now.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Sportal are trying to talk Manly into accepting a Foz-flip. But don't you guys, hold (his ankles) firm, Parra are behind it, having realised that their millions $ are gonna be completely wasted, going in that direction.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Sportal have a garbage article saying that manly should of went all out for Foran instead of DCE. Article stated that "Kieran Foran is much more Manly than Cherry-Evans will ever be."

I have just about heard it all now.
First thing Chez should do is sell the house on the Gold Coast and buy Foz's publicist.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Sportal are trying to talk Manly into accepting a Foz-flip. But don't you guys, hold (his ankles) firm, Parra are behind it, having realised that their millions $ are gonna be completely wasted, going in that direction.
That's a mistake I can live with

the mauler

Bencher
Didn't think it would take Mavin aka DCE's mum this long to wipe the egg of his/her face.
Cmon Mavin cop your whack and let's move on!!.. We're all waiting.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Its like the buddy deal for the swans. Everyone though it was worth a lot more than it actually was. Its coming out now that it's 8 years 10mil and of that 10mil there are third party deals in it. So average of about 1.25 mil a year for 8 years. Considering we were going to throw 2 mil at our halves we should still have some room. All depends on how much third party is in there. I imagine fox would have been throwing a bit of coin at him and I read today that we were trying to keep the third partys that were set up to do with the tits lol
So we stole the Titans TPA for Cherry. If so, thanks Titans for doing all the hard work for us.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
James Maloney could leave the Sydney Roosters at end of the year
Date
June 5, 2015 -

Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter
James Maloney may have to take a pay cut if he wants to remain at the Roosters next year. Photo: Getty Images

James Maloney will have to take a significant pay cut to remain at the Roosters next year as the fallout from the Daly Cherry-Evans backflip continues.

The Roosters have tabled their final offer to Maloney, which the former NSW pivot believes is below market value. The deal currently on the table is actually less than that originally offered, with the club not prepared to budge due to salary cap constraints.

While the departure of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has freed up some funds, much of that money has already been used to re-sign Shaun Kenny-Dowall, while Blake Ferguson has all but agreed to terms to stay put. The club also recently re-signed key forwards Aidan Guerra, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dylan Napa and Sio Siua Taukeiaho.

Maloney and Mitchell Pearce have struck up a formidable halves pairing since the former shifted from the Warriors in 2013, culminating in a premiership just months after representing NSW together. While Pearce has returned to the interstate arena this season, Maloney hasn't yet done enough to displace Trent Hodkinson and earn another crack at the Maroons.

Maloney said he was hopeful of making a definitive call on his future soon. "I'm getting closer, I'm still amongst it trying to work it out," he said.

"I'm not sure, I'm leaving it to my manager and he keeps me up to date every now and then.

"I'll concentrate on my footy and when all the info is in front of me I'll make decision."

However, the 28-year-old will have to take "unders" to remain at the Roosters and it is understood he is leaning towards a fresh start elsewhere. Maloney has been on Manly's radar in recent months and the club is looking for a replacement for Parramatta-bound Kieran Foran.

]A halves combination of Maloney and Cherry-Evans would hold appeal but it remains to be seen if there is enough money left in the kitty after offering the Maroon star the largest and longest deal in rugby league history.
Cronulla has also been mooted as a potential destination but they are poised to announce the signing of Chad Townsend on a two-year deal. Townsend will return to the Shire after a three-year stint with the Warriors.

Having missed out on Cherry-Evans, the Titans are likely to consider Maloney as a halves partner for promising young playmaker Kane Elgey. The Queensland club has a massive war chest after setting aside $1.2 million per season for "DCE", who reneged on his agreement to shift north.

The Roosters have a ready-made five-eighth replacement in Jackson Hastings should Maloney depart. The son of Kevin "Horrie'' Hastings has taken on a utility role, similar to that played by Daniel Mortimer at the club, during his initial appearances in first grade. However, he is viewed as a capable ballplayer, although the tri-colours may look at outside options as well.

NSW coach Laurie Daley has vowed to stick with Pearce and Hodkinson for Origin II, but Maloney hasn't given up hope of a return to the side at some stage.

"I'd like to do it again but whether they change or not, I don't know," he said. "Obviously if I got a chance I'd like to be there again."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...sters-at-end-of-the-year-20150604-ghgrro.html

Can we afford him? Do we want him?

If we could afford him I say yes.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Isn't half the QLD team new south Welshman anyway lol. So not only are they ****wits they're hypocritical morons as well. :giggle:

And 50 things to make everyone still realise he's a grub!

Also I've been on the goldy for the last 3 days for work and I swear no one cares other than journos. I was randomly sledging cabbies asking if they were titans supporters and then apologising (insincerely of course) haha
Daly has spent more of his life in NSW than Inglis has spent in Qld, just saying

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Roosters have tabled their final offer to Maloney, which the former NSW pivot believes is below market value. The deal currently on the table is actually less than that originally offered, with the club not prepared to budge due to salary cap constraints.

Cap constraints?????

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

we all call b/s on that one, don't we shubert?!?!?!?!

tookey

First Grader
For those praising Kelly

Immortal comes up with legendary coup

Back to Cherry-Evans, and my Manly insider tells me there was only one reason the Sea Eagles were able to pull off their incredible coup.

Immortal and club legend Bob Fulton schemed, planned and gained support from big business for the backflip - and the biggest deal in league history.

A shrewd operator who doesn’t take no for an answer, Fulton slowly but surely put together the pieces of a complex jigsaw puzzle that ensured DCE would not only backflip, but become a Sea Eagle for life, in recent weeks.

"Without him, there's no way it would have happened," a source close to DCE told me.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...ragons-nightingale/11clzbmkd3nj014cjt0vvjf9ss

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14