• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
This is all now a game .. will he or wont he stay. May be a poll? I'm voting for he will go.

And will be sad but grateful for the service given.
While the delay is legal its not ethical. For those who say he is gone, he can put an end to all speculation now. Without doing so he damages tha chances of Manly or the Titans to find a replacement as well as making negotiations for the likes of Cornish very difficult because clubs don't know if they want him or not.
DCE is a very good player but the drama ... oh, the drama!

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
While the delay is legal its not ethical. For those who say he is gone, he can put an end to all speculation now. Without doing so he damages tha chances of Manly or the Titans to find a replacement as well as making negotiations for the likes of Cornish very difficult because clubs don't know if they want him or not.
Well the club has given him a deadline of today apparently so I'd imagine all will be revealed soon...

eaglebuzz

Bencher

I think the silence is a good sign to be honest. If he were definitely leaving and 100% committed to that, he could have come out weeks ago and said those very words and this whole saga would have never played out. The only reason for not coming out and confirming beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is leaving, that makes sense, is that he's seriously considering staying.

If he were definitely leaving he could have put all of this destabilising speculation to bed weeks ago, and nobody would have thought less of him. But he's been very careful in his choice of words, as if to not burn bridges before he's made up his mind 100%.

I don't think he has an axe to grind with the club so I don't think he's staying silent to hurt us, I think he's doing it because big things are afoot.

Of course none of this can be taken to mean that he is definitely staying, but he at the very least is definitely considering it as a live option.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I think the silence is a good sign to be honest. If he were definitely leaving and 100% committed to that, he could have come out weeks ago and said those very words and this whole saga would have never played out. The only reason for not coming out and confirming beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is leaving, that makes sense, is that he's seriously considering staying.

If he were definitely leaving he could have put all of this destabilising speculation to bed weeks ago, and nobody would have thought less of him. But he's been very careful in his choice of words, as if to not burn bridges before he's made up his mind 100%.

I don't think he has an axe to grind with the club so I don't think he's staying silent to hurt us, I think he's doing it because big things are afoot.

Of course none of this can be taken to mean that he is definitely staying, but he at the very least is definitely considering it as a live option.
When I'm talking about ethics I'm not just thinking about our team. I'm saying that even if he stays with us, that puts the Titans and the likes of Cornish in a time sensitive difficult spot. Unless the NRL is completely daft (possible), they will change this system completely. Because, as I states, it is currently legal but never ethical imho.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
When I'm talking about ethics I'm not just thinking about our team. I'm saying that even if he stays with us, that puts the Titans and the likes of Cornish in a time sensitive difficult spot. Unless the NRL is completely daft (possible), they will change this system completely. Because, as I states, it is currently legal but never ethical imho.

The rumour is the club is chasing cornish irrespective of DCE Decision.

I assume they are thinking he will play 5/8.

You point rings true if DCE leaves and the rumour is we table an offer to carney.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
The Club pulled the offer to DCE and he then had the choice between Sharks and Titans. Manly have come back with an offer that is supposedly higher then Titans but 3rd party agreements make Titans offer still higher. Manly been trying to organise additional 3rd party agreements (TV stuff etc). It appears not DCE's fault this carried on or Titans. OK its a circus but thats the way it is. Once the final offer is made (I'm assuming it is now on the table for accepance) by Manly he can decide.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Club pulled the offer to DCE and he then had the choice between Sharks and Titans. Manly have come back with an offer that is supposedly higher then Titans but 3rd party agreements make Titans offer still higher. Manly been trying to organise additional 3rd party agreements (TV stuff etc). It appears not DCE's fault this carried on or Titans. OK its a circus but thats the way it is. Once the final offer is made (I'm assuming it is now on the table for accepance) by Manly he can decide.

If third party payments are truly organised independently from the club and the third party understands that the deal can't be an inducement to join a particular club....(as are the rules)

He can just play for manly and keep those deals!!!!!!

(now in the real world.....)

Jatz Crackers

First Grader

Nice summation eaglebuzz.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Manly wanted an answer by today. They probably already have it. There has been no chatter about MWSE pursuing other halves. Therefore Bozo 'n Myles has talked him into staying. Geez i hope i'm right. We cant have long to wait now. If i'm wrong we must then merge the 2 threads and create a world beating 330 page epic tome. I wonder how many words are in 'War and peace' ? 'The Illyad' ? If we put 50 chimps in a room with typewriters, i wonder how long it would take them to accidentally reproduce the same Mega thread ? @:cool:
Praps DCE will prove that the 50 of us ARE CHIMPS or chumps.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly

The rumour is however, that Manly are tabling a higher base offer. Either to offset some of the TPA risk for DCE (as we heard of issues with TPA in his current contract), or simply we couldn't find the TPA needed.

Shoe1

Journey Man
The rumour is however, that Manly are tabling a higher base offer. Either to offset some of the TPA risk for DCE (as we heard of issues with TPA in his current contract), or simply we couldn't find the TPA needed.
Players are worried about tpas and they should be. Gasnier didn't get his and promptly left saints. Fifita's Canterbury contract had a great bottom line, but significant tpas made it look like a shaky deal. If I'm a player I'm going with the higher base salary

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Players are worried about tpas and they should be. Gasnier didn't get his and promptly left saints. Fifita's Canterbury contract had a great bottom line, but significant tpas made it look like a shaky deal. If I'm a player I'm going with the higher base salary
Never leave money on the table. Real money anyway.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
I think he is leaving BUT if he is staying the ideal time to announce it would be on Wednesday afternoon.
With all the media attention on the SOO there would be little media coverage on it.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
IN AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

Nothing's changed.....

Sauce please. Was this released by Manly? DCE's management? DCE? Weidler? Rothfield? The Mole? The Molan???

It's interesting that the person announcing this (whoever it is) chose to use the word "nothing" - as if it is a subtle reference to the titles won by Gold Coast RL teams over the past 30 years. That either means he is going because he wants to (as the statement puts it) "change" that, or otherwise it means that he has "changed" his mind and decided not to go.

It is clearly a very cryptic statement carefully crafted by some Ironstine to fan continued speculation.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Sauce please. Was this released by Manly? DCE's management? DCE? Weidler? Rothfield? The Mole? The Molan???

speculation.
greek.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15