• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Neil Henry still involved in soo? if so going 2 be very uncomfortable. It's clear he wants 2 stay but I doubt he will because his reputation will be shredded by the media and he knows it. Not his fault I blame the club for stuffing up the negations in the first place and the people who will suffer are DCE (at the titans) and us as fans with an inferior half next season.

I believe the only reason Sid signed with the Tits is that Manly basically dared him to do just that. Penn and Kelly have only themselves to blame.

While it hasn't gone down in anything like a professional way, ultimately Manly want him to stay and the offer is what he's worth. I don't believe he really wants to go.

So come on Daly. We're sorry. Let's just move on. Sign the deal. You're happy here and you're only going to do a lot of losing up there.

Hug it out.
I disagree.

I think the problem was Foran and DCE both came off contract at the same time, and were both demanding big $$ and the club rightly tried to keep both. The only way they could keep both was if DCE and Foran were both prepared to take 200k less each to stay at Manly. Most players are happy to take a cut and stay at a club they love, but both these guys whored themselves to the highest bidder.

They both decided to leave, and that has left Manly in a position to offer one of the two a better deal by cutting into the other half of the war chest. It's easy to point the finger at our administration, but there is more than meets the eye when it comes to negotiating these things.

Imagine if the 2017 tv deal is a flop. Commercial tv isn't going that good these days.Kudos to Nate Myles for taking a good offer and not being a primadonna prick and expecting to get a bigger payday. How many other contracts have gone beyond 2017

It will take a lot to make him flip over what he said he would do. I think he might have too much pride to stay, even if it's what he wants

Look at the high and mighty rubbish Lockyer is trotting out.

Daly Cherry-Evans transfer: NRL round 13 rule doesn’t help but let’s hope DCE keeps his word
THE NRL’s nonsensical Round 13 contract registration rule isn’t helping Daly Cherry-Evans, but now is the time for the Maroons playmaker to help himself. I sincerely hope Daly sticks to his word.

I hope, for the sake of the credibility of an NRL contract and the honourable reputation he has worked hard to cultivate, that Cherry-Evans turns out for the Titans next season.

The decision by Nate Myles to quit the Titans to join Manly from 2016 has sent the merry-go-round of conspiracy theories into overdrive, a inferno of debate fanned by the NRL’s round 13 rule.

Myles and Cherry-Evans were supposed to be the Titans’ leadership core. Now there is talk the Queensland teammates will team up at Manly. Did Myles quit to play with Daly? Will DCE renege on his Titans deal? Was it driven by their wives? Are Nate and Daly colluding? Can Manly find more cash for Daly? Are the managers orchestrating all of this?

So many questions, rumours and innuendo. It is enough to make your head spin. The speculation will continue to rage for another 23 days, when the completion of round 13 will finally allow the NRL to end the circus by rubberstamping Daly’s next contract.

Last month, Cherry-Evans indicated he planned to honour his Titans deal. But that was before the Myles development, and news of his impending arrival at Brookvale adds another layer of complexity to the saga.

Amid the chatter and uncertainty, I hope Daly remembers this: Queensland and Australian hierarchy have big plans for him. Articulate, smart and well-groomed, he is a natural successor to the Origin and Test captaincy, responsibilities that will test Cherry-Evans’ constitution and strength.

When I was handed the Broncos captaincy in 2005, and eventually the Origin and Test jobs, I learnt the sign of a good leader is their strength.

When a leader says he’s going to do something, his word is his bond. He backs up his words with his actions.

This is a great opportunity for Daly. It’s a moment in his career and a moment in a lot of people’s eyes for Daly to stick to his guns and honour his word.

It’s understandable that people of influence at Manly will be trying their hardest in the coming days and weeks to get in his ear; to convince Cherry-Evans to see the signs of promise that lured Myles.

But if Cherry-Evans is his own man, he will push through, stay true to the Titans and end the debate once and for all.

As I got older, leadership taught me the importance of honour and conviction. As a leader, you are not suddenly perfect. But once you go in a direction, you have to back yourself, back the reasons for your decisions, and stick to it.

If he comes into State of Origin camp next week, imagine how many journalists are going to ask if he is having second thoughts and considering backflipping to stay at Manly?

It is a distraction he and the Maroons can do without.

The NRL’s round 13 rule is not doing Daly any favours. Quite simply, it is a ridiculous rule and it doesn’t benefit the individual or the club. Right now, Manly are in a holding pattern. They don’t know whether a guy is coming or going and how much money that leaves for them to spend in the salary cap. There must be a way to make the contract process more streamlined and more transparent for the fans.

Daly has a huge future in Queensland. Next February, he turns 27 and aside from his on-field maturity, he will find himself becoming more involved in off-field corporate engagement at the Titans. I walked a similar path at the Broncos and I really started to embrace opportunities and the balance, skill-set and education it gave me as a person.

Cherry-Evans will be successful wherever he plays, but sticking true to the Titans will demonstrate his strength of character. He just has to say the words.

Say's it all no backflip if you want 2 captain Qld by DCE nice knowing you.

Daly Cherry-Evans transfer: NRL’s transfer system is to blame for the mess, not DCE or the clubs
  • PAUL KENT
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • MAY 16, 2015 12:00AM
THE language surrounding Daly Cherry-Evans is one of insult and misunderstanding. It reveals the unfairness of the NRL’s round 13 rule. We need to cut him a break.

It also highlights how poorly the whole Cherry-Evans fiasco was handled. The line for who to blame starts to the left.

But how much can we really attach to Cherry-Evans? Why is the hate so strong? And what will happen if he stays at Manly?

Instead of being praised for being loyal, it will invite more criticism.

Greg Inglis left Melbourne and signed with Brisbane, then flipped on the Broncos to sign with Souths, yet Inglis looms a modern folk hero.

Luke Lewis was the first to exploit the round 13 rule, signing with South Sydney before reneging to stay in Penrith.

James Tedesco reneged on Canberra to stay at Wests Tigers.

Josh Papalii reneged on Parramatta to stay at Canberra.

None of them were condemned like Cherry-Evans, who has not even exercised the clause yet.

That Cherry-Evans is considering a “backflip” has brought out unprecedented hate.

Where was it for the others?

A listener called 2KY’s Big Sports Breakfast on Thursday morning and, complaining of Cherry-Evans, he started talking about “honouring his word”.

He wanted to know how Cherry-Evans could change his mind and stay at Manly given he signed a contract with Gold Coast.

Didn’t he know he signed a contract, he asked?

He then pointed out that normal people buy houses for hundreds of thousands of dollars, the biggest financial decision of their lives, and get just a five-day cooling off period before the contract is legally binding.

Why did Cherry-Evans have until round 13, he wanted to know, when normal folk can make equally as big a decision and have just five days to change their mind?

The answer, without trying to sound patronising, is because he can.

Cherry-Evans is perfectly entitled to reverse his decision right up until round 13 because the rules allow it.

Yet he has come under pressure unlike anyone else has seen. Again, it’s the fault of the rules and not the player.

When Trent Merrin announced he was leaving St George Illawarra for Penrith earlier this year the Dragons shook his hand and wished him all the best.

Negotiations barely paused when Cherry-Evans signed with Gold Coast before round one.

They were supposed to end.

But managers have now finely honed the round 13 clause so it is now just another step in negotiations.

The round 13 clause allows players and their managers to call a club’s bluff.

In other words, Manly’s “best offer” is put forward and Cherry-Evans rejects it, signs with the Gold Coast, and the Sea Eagles now know that unless they mortgage the farm. None of this is Cherry-Evans’ fault.

Blame belongs with the NRL for not blowing up the system.

Cherry-Evans is in no different a place today than he was before round one. Manly have come back with a fresh offer and he is said to be tempted.

Earlier this week Manly told him they needed a decision, once and for all, on their new offer “within the next week or so”. The Sea Eagles don’t want to wait until round 13 because if they lose Cherry-Evans for good they need to get into the market as soon as possible to start filling some of those very large gaps in the roster.

The problem for Cherry-Evans is the constant chipping at his character.

It should not be part of his decision, but it will be because he is the kind of man that likes to please others.

He just needs to remember that when you try to make all the people happy all the time, you end up making none of them happy.
:clapping:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...dce-or-the-clubs/story-fnp0lyn3-1227356668511

If Riff keeps this up he's going on my ignore list, whilst you may think this thread is a load of garbage there is NO need to hijack it with your favourite YouTube clips just to make a point, all you'll do is piss everyone off, I'm almost at that point now, a few more and you'll be gone for me!!!

Daly Cherry-Evans transfer: NRL’s transfer system is to blame for the mess, not DCE or the clubs
  • PAUL KENT
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • MAY 16, 2015 12:00AM
THE language surrounding Daly Cherry-Evans is one of insult and misunderstanding. It reveals the unfairness of the NRL’s round 13 rule. We need to cut him a break.

It also highlights how poorly the whole Cherry-Evans fiasco was handled. The line for who to blame starts to the left.

But how much can we really attach to Cherry-Evans? Why is the hate so strong? And what will happen if he stays at Manly?

Instead of being praised for being loyal, it will invite more criticism.

Greg Inglis left Melbourne and signed with Brisbane, then flipped on the Broncos to sign with Souths, yet Inglis looms a modern folk hero.

Luke Lewis was the first to exploit the round 13 rule, signing with South Sydney before reneging to stay in Penrith.

James Tedesco reneged on Canberra to stay at Wests Tigers.

Josh Papalii reneged on Parramatta to stay at Canberra.

None of them were condemned like Cherry-Evans, who has not even exercised the clause yet.

That Cherry-Evans is considering a “backflip” has brought out unprecedented hate.

Where was it for the others?

A listener called 2KY’s Big Sports Breakfast on Thursday morning and, complaining of Cherry-Evans, he started talking about “honouring his word”.

He wanted to know how Cherry-Evans could change his mind and stay at Manly given he signed a contract with Gold Coast.

Didn’t he know he signed a contract, he asked?

He then pointed out that normal people buy houses for hundreds of thousands of dollars, the biggest financial decision of their lives, and get just a five-day cooling off period before the contract is legally binding.

Why did Cherry-Evans have until round 13, he wanted to know, when normal folk can make equally as big a decision and have just five days to change their mind?

The answer, without trying to sound patronising, is because he can.

Cherry-Evans is perfectly entitled to reverse his decision right up until round 13 because the rules allow it.

Yet he has come under pressure unlike anyone else has seen. Again, it’s the fault of the rules and not the player.

When Trent Merrin announced he was leaving St George Illawarra for Penrith earlier this year the Dragons shook his hand and wished him all the best.

Negotiations barely paused when Cherry-Evans signed with Gold Coast before round one.

They were supposed to end.

But managers have now finely honed the round 13 clause so it is now just another step in negotiations.

The round 13 clause allows players and their managers to call a club’s bluff.

In other words, Manly’s “best offer” is put forward and Cherry-Evans rejects it, signs with the Gold Coast, and the Sea Eagles now know that unless they mortgage the farm. None of this is Cherry-Evans’ fault.

Blame belongs with the NRL for not blowing up the system.

Cherry-Evans is in no different a place today than he was before round one. Manly have come back with a fresh offer and he is said to be tempted.

Earlier this week Manly told him they needed a decision, once and for all, on their new offer “within the next week or so”. The Sea Eagles don’t want to wait until round 13 because if they lose Cherry-Evans for good they need to get into the market as soon as possible to start filling some of those very large gaps in the roster.

The problem for Cherry-Evans is the constant chipping at his character.

It should not be part of his decision, but it will be because he is the kind of man that likes to please others.

He just needs to remember that when you try to make all the people happy all the time, you end up making none of them happy.
:clapping:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...dce-or-the-clubs/story-fnp0lyn3-1227356668511
The smartest thing to ever come out of Kents mouth.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10