THE CROKER POLL .. THE RESULT UPDATED!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How do you think Croker will go at hooker?

• Will have a breakout year ... egg on some faces

• Will do an adequate tradesman's job

• Will perform poorly ..

Results are only viewable after voting.
He did go well last week too. His defence was a big reason we got the 2 points last week too. Agreed, let's not jump the gun but the last couple weeks we have seen a vast improvement and he is actually starting to take on the line. Hopefully he continues to improve!
That is the difference imo.
TBR... he is moving forward out of dummy half instead of sideways... the occasional run (picking his moment) has been great and his delivery is better... kid could always defend well...

I will say that the fact he is getting better momentum from his forwards has made it possible to do some of this...

Given this kids history .. I have always said I wouldn't bet against him ... got plenty of ticker for a broken down half everybody wants to play like an international hooker after a handful of games in the role ... Go Froggy, never give up on your dream ..

Given this kids history .. I have always said I wouldn't bet against him ... got plenty of ticker for a broken down half everybody wants to play like an international hooker after a handful of games in the role ... Go Froggy, never give up on your dream ..
Good point, I feel the same about Des. We have a lot of history to fall back on here at Manly.

I like his comment " anyone who says Dessie is mad have no idea .... coz he is crazy mad"
ease up a bit Mark there is a lot of playing before Lawton (or Fainu), are ready and the bloke, who is playing out of position is improving with most of the rest of the team .... @:p;)
Agree. He is still only 41 (40 at Manly) games into his NRL career. I think he could turn into a very handy player.

Just imagine for a second that we are playing in the finals this weekend against Parramatta and Croker is listed at 9...hardly gives one confidence.
All we need from Croker is to get us over a hump until the Fainu situation is sorted. His role is to stop us from getting the spoon, not win us a comp. We are not going to be a premiership contender while ever he is our first choice 9, but he can help us get some wins to keep us away from that dreaded spoon.

Agree. He is still only 41 (40 at Manly) games into his NRL career. I think he could turn into a very handy player.
Very handy, very valuable. A player who is unfashionable (putting it mildly) yet has guts determination and puts body on line at close to minimum dollars on salary cap. He's been shown patience and loyalty by Manly during his injuries and he's the kind of bloke who won't forget that.
Perfect squad member actually, and not a big head who will sulk if sent back to reserves when everyone is fit (lol, as if everyone will ever be fit)

Interesting, since we have been going ok, there even have talk about Croker must be re-signed?

Croker is doing a good job, but nothing special. We have Fainu, Lawton and Cust all signed.

Once we are over our injuries in the 2nd row, surely Lawton is a better option if we want to go far at the back end of the season.

Many put Cust's name up when we are discussing hookers. He is NOT a 9 defence-wise and is injury-prone and not tough at all.. Sure, the Frog isn't really one either but he is obviously a learner, tough as teak, a very solid defender, gives it all and has earned the right to see if he can progress further.
We NEED 3 hookers in the squad ...they are the Frog, Fainu and Lawton. If Fainu doesn't get cleared we need to find one more, and Cust isn't it. The Rorters have used 5 hookers this year.
We extended Cust when we were in a bind and is contracted for next year so he hangs around if he can't find a start elsewhere, that's fine, but that's all as I don't believe he is a FGer, let alone one in a premiership-winning squad. Unfortunately for him Lawton has proved all that.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11