The Clean Out 2024 Post

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Rackets

Doin' the eagle rock 🦅
Blaise Talagi has put himself on the market and would make a great centre. Garrick can go back to the wing.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
List of off contract players according to Zero tackle

BRONCOS - Delouise Hoeter, Josiah Karapani, Corey Oates, Jordan Pereira, Martin Taupau

RAIDERS - Nick Cotric, Peter Hola, Trey Mooney, Jordan Rapana, James Schiller, Elliott Whitehead, Zac Woolford

BULLDOGS - Liam Knight, Chris Patolo, Hayze Perham, Toby Sexton, Jeral Skelton, Zane Tetevano, Jackson Topine

SHARKS - Jayden Berrell, Billy Burns, Kayal Iro, Niwhai Puru, Siteni Taukamo, Jack Williams

DOLPHINS - Euan Aitken, Edrick Lee, Anthony Milford, Kodi Nikorima, Tesi Niu, Ray Stone, Valynce Te Whare, Jarrod Wallace

TITANS - Jacob Alick-Wiencke, Kieran Foran, Klese Haas, Isaac Liu, Joe Stimson, Thomas Weaver

STORM - Grant Anderson, Dean Ieremia, Tepai Moeroa, Aaron Pene, Marion Seve, Reimis Smith, Young Tonumaipea

WARRIORS - Shaun Johnson, Valingi Kepu, Jazz Tevaga

KNIGHTS - David Armstrong, Mat Croker, Tyson Gamble, Brodie Jones, Krystian Mapapalangi, Enari Tuala, Toni Tupouniua

COWBOYS - Jake Clifford, Kyle Feldt, Jake Granville, Coen Hess, Jordan McLean, Thomas Mikaele, Wil Sullivan, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Chad Townsend, Semi Valemei

EELS - Daejarn Asi, Zac Cini, Morgan Harper, Makahesi Makatoa, Ofahiki Ogden, Bailey Simonsson

PANTHERS - Paul Alamoti, Matthew Eisenhuth, Luke Garner, Daine Laurie, Ativalu Lisati, Tyrone Peachey

RABBITOHS - Michael Chee-Kam, Dean Hawkins, Ben Lovett, Taane Milne, Shaquai Mitchell, Isaiah Tass, Leon Te Hau, Izaac Thompson

DRAGONS - Jack de Belin, Tom Eisenhuth, Mathew Feagai, Max Feagai, Jesse Marschke, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Tyrell Sloan, Jaydn Su'A, Savelio Tamale, Alec Tuitavake

ROOSTERS - Angus Crichton, Zach Dockar-Clay, Michael Jennings, Joseph Suaalii, Daniel Tupou

WESTS TIGERS - Solomon Alaimalo, Adam Doueihi, Sione Fainu, Asu Kepaoa, Jake Simpkin

Not many to choose from but some fair players such as Elliott Whitehead, Kayal Iro, Jaydn Su'A, Angus Crichton and Jake Simpkin as he will not get a look in while Api is at the tigers.
Really not much to choose from on this list. Sua, Mooney, Morrin have apparently already extended. On this list Chrichton would be the number 1 target for mine along with Ray Stone. Although not off contract til next year I would be targeting Xavier Willison and Blaize Talagi in November.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
And the fans calling for the earth to be scorched are well entitled to. We are coming off a poor 2023, have given up very healthy game winning leads, and our highest paid players are not performing or leading. Based on this, it's not unfair to demand change.
Or just be a fan and watch .
I dont understand why everyone these days needs their voice heard .
Someone else gets paid for recruiting and retention.,not me.
Ive seen this place absolutely adore Des as our saviour and Manly champion ,to calling
for his head after one loss.
Its the same every year ,maybe im just not so mentally invested.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Ive seen this place absolutely adore Des as our saviour and Manly champion ,to calling
Dan wouldn't be happy if none of us voiced our opinions. One would guess the site would disintegrate into silence.

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
Who ever we sign in the future i hope the club considers keeping contracts to a maximum of 3 or 4 years. I understand the desire to lock up the next superstar but it really does leave the club vulnerable if things don't pan out.
We should just back ourselves and hope the player is happy enough to extend. Sure we may occasionally miss out but it's better to be able to go to market than be hamstrung with a player that doesn't work out.

Rocky

Bencher
The bulldogs were highly dysfunctional at that time, even more so than us. I doubt that Cherry-Evans would command more than 900k anywhere, and certainly not at the present leading clubs either.
I was just explaining why the Turbos got paid what they did. I wasn't justifying it.

And DCE would 100% get close to a million. You realize 500k barely gets you a first grader these days?

Whether you like him or not he is rated one of the best players in the game.

Well no, you are on here voicing your opinion too, so you are also mentally invested. I am a huge Des fan and remain so. This is not personal against anyone, it's just an observation and results based view. Most of us are not experts, just people who work, study or contribute to community every week, who look for some satisfaction and inspiration from our footy team. Not much wrong in that.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The question that needs to be answered. Would any other club pay $1.2 mil for Tom , $900K for Jake or $1.2 mil for DCE. I'd say not so why are we ? Because we are a desperate also ran bottom dweller.
2021 Turbo the 1.1 is a good deal for the club, the 2024 Turbo you can definitely have the conversation on the remuneration Turbo is getting, the lack of self confidence in his body was reflective of his performances.

DCE I read he is on 850K this season and next, not consistent enough for a player with so many games under him, with the lack of halves in the game this is not a bad deal in my view.

Jake the 950K, this one for me is overs, bleeds Manly and has the passion but similar to JT from the Cows the game is to fast now for players with low leg speed, if your spending 950K on a player you want them to change the momentum of the game and create opportunities, a good tackle technique and effort you could say 600K - 700K would be about the right coin.

Need to sign some talented younger players that are not getting the opportunity at their respective clubs, the squad need a backrower ASAP.

I was just explaining why the Turbos got paid what they did. I wasn't justifying it.

And DCE would 100% get close to a million. You realize 500k barely gets you a first grader these days?

Whether you like him or not he is rated one of the best players in the game.
I know that, and I was just explaining why the bulldogs and near enough no one else offered that. I do like Cherry-Evans and feel that the Roosters paying 950k for Cronk was the comparable.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Well no, you are on here voicing your opinion too, so you are also mentally invested. I am a huge Des fan and remain so. This is not personal against anyone, it's just an observation and results based view. Most of us are not experts, just people who work, study or contribute to community every week, who look for some satisfaction and inspiration from our footy team. Not much wrong in that.
Nope ,theres not.
I was more on the every year, half way in ,its sack everyone time.

2021 Turbo the 1.1 is a good deal for the club, the 2024 Turbo you can definitely have the conversation on the remuneration Turbo is getting, the lack of self confidence in his body was reflective of his performances.

DCE I read he is on 850K this season and next, not consistent enough for a player with so many games under him, with the lack of halves in the game this is not a bad deal in my view.

Jake the 950K, this one for me is overs, bleeds Manly and has the passion but similar to JT from the Cows the game is to fast now for players with low leg speed, if your spending 950K on a player you want them to change the momentum of the game and create opportunities, a good tackle technique and effort you could say 600K - 700K would be about the right coin.

Need to sign some talented younger players that are not getting the opportunity at their respective clubs, the squad need a backrower ASAP.
DCE is not the issue. He is blu chip and never misses a game. A lot of $ but he has been value. The T’s are crippling the joint. It’s like they are getting a local junior loading. They were never going to leave and are now so overpaid vs their value, it almost guarantees the club cannot surround them with sufficient talent to be successful. Unlike other generations those 2 have made zero financial compromise for the benefit of the group. Think the Stewart’s, watmough, lyons, matai, king etc who took unders to stay. They will retire wealthy and have some rep highlights but also an extraordinarily poor club record with very little to show for 10 plus years. For all the Tbvc fanfare I’d take the Stewart bros over the local juniors every day of the week

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
DCE is not the issue. He is blu chip and never misses a game. A lot of $ but he has been value. The T’s are crippling the joint. It’s like they are getting a local junior loading. They were never going to leave and are now so overpaid vs their value, it almost guarantees the club cannot surround them with sufficient talent to be successful. Unlike other generations those 2 have made zero financial compromise for the benefit of the group. Think the Stewart’s, watmough, lyons, matai, king etc who took unders to stay. They will retire wealthy and have some rep highlights but also an extraordinarily poor club record with very little to show for 10 plus years. For all the Tbvc fanfare I’d take the Stewart bros over the local juniors every day of the week
You would think that Manly would be under tremendous pressure to resign both Tom and Jake when their respective contracts run out in 2026, this time next season the club will most likely start the negotiations on remuneration for both.

For me they will both get haircuts on their salaries, it’s if someone else is willing to pay more and how much they want to be one club players, Jake is the one that loves the club it’s reflective of the way he plays, what their market value is post 2026 will be interesting.

KNUCKLES

Bencher

600-700k is still overs in my opinion. 500k Max! I'd say around 400k for 24 jurbo.

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14
12 6 6 -76 14