1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the burglars from bondi

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mutley, Aug 24, 2010.

1. mutley

mutley Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 9
    pretty certain manly can roll the roosters if we play attacking footy, if manly play 1 out  through the forwards or the halfback simply turning the ball inside to a forward, the roosters get off their line too quick (offside) and will smother manly and dictate field position.

there is defensive deficiencies with carney, and kenny dowall sometimes very poor in positional play so thats where manly need to target and exploit  with lyon, matai and hopefully a fit, hands superglued watmough

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    Welcome aboard Mutley, good first post!!

3. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I like "the burglars" bit.My favourite to stir my rorters mates up is BJFDs="bondi junction feather dusters".

4. stoodamire

stoodamire Active Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    The problem with us is, without Farrar at the back injecting himself we look very flat in our set pieces and the way to beat The Roosters i think is to exploit their poor defence at times.

Their attack is way too potent to hold them out all game. We need to play attacking footy and also have defensive line speed, which we have been lacking all year.

5. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 1
    Did anyone see that little grubber Campese put through against the Dragqueens?

I wish Foran would do that just once or twice a game, it works against that type of defence and then puts them in 2 minds. We need to get a little more creative.

6. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 7
    that was a major problem on Sat night, players had no one to pass the ball to because all the players were in front of the guy with the ball.  Way too flat.

7. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    And welcome to you as well Stoodamire...funny name that one??

8. stoodamire

stoodamire Active Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    Thanks mate! Long time lurker, i thought yesterday i'd actually registering and start posting, all to find out that my username had been taken (which is stranger, because it's not very common). Then i proceeded to try login with that username and what do you know? I had already registered back in 2005.

Haha.

9. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    Yeah good story BUT the name???

10. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    Unless Choc is fully fit, which must be doubtful, I fear we don't have the penetration to beat the Roosters.

11. stoodamire

stoodamire Active Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    Came from Amare Stoudemire.

I found that name quite funny for reason in high school and decided to spell it a bit differently and ever since has been my username.

12. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,750 / 258
    A basketballer (so Google tells me)...oh well whatever tickles your fancy I suppose....funny username but there's some rippers on here, I just wish I was a little more adventurous

13. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    arse burglars ? ? ? ?

14. mutley

mutley Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 9
    thanks for the welcome mark, i actually go back a while to the one eyed eagle days under a different nic and was a member here but couldnt log  inwith the same nic on so being a bit of a mongrel im here as mutley

15. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    He should go ok in New York. Damon Stoudemire was a good player as well