The boring non-Manly Final series 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I have these above the TV in the Manly Cave, so during the boring semis all I have to do is look up and think of happier times. Yes I know they are not level as I hung them with the aid of a 12 year old single malt. If you look closely you can see the impact mark of my scotch glass that was flung in the last few minutes of the Manly Panthers game at Brookie when Barrett's head appeared on the TV.

The 1973 Jersey is on the opposite wall. My dream is to complete the set of GF winning jerseys signed by the teams.

View attachment 9670
That is a treasure !!! Thanks for sharing Bill .
I found this old pic
From left to right , Raper , Fulton Beetson , You and I dont know who the other dude is ?
42147903_10216815316196860_1940542597441257472_n.jpg

If I was Bellamy, former Drizzle player or not, if Cronk is playing next week (and no doubt they will give him every chance to be even close to fit enough), I'd be telling all the forwards to be running hard at him all game long.
Just frees up Keary to do his own thing with a refreshed Mitchell :nod:

Cronk's onfield coaching was so obvious last night.
He was telling his players where to go and it freed them up from thinking :nerd:

That is a treasure !!! Thanks for sharing Bill .
I found this old pic
From left to right , Raper , Fulton Beetson , You and I dont know who the other dude is ?
View attachment 9672
Judging by the jersey era , looks like this caption was pre 1970 "s . Beetson is in a old Balmain jersey, Bozo and Bill in Manly jerseys , Looks like John Raper but don 't recognize his jersey [ neither Balmain or Manly ] Could well be Moses as the other dude , maybe in an old Souths jersey . Maybe some of the players were super imposed on the photo and it may have been some type of a promotional caption or something of this nature . Raper never played for Manly and of course also big Artie

Just frees up Keary to do his own thing with a refreshed Mitchell :nod:

Cronk's onfield coaching was so obvious last night.
He was telling his players where to go and it freed them up from thinking :nerd:

Simple, target Keary as well. The bloke can't tackle anyway so why not?

Rugby league is a game where you find your opponents weaknesses and you work on exploiting them. You don't just focus on one, you hit them all if possible. That was a big part of Souffs problem last night. All they seemed to do in attack was....go left, go left. It was apparent after 30 minutes that wasn't working.....yet for the next 50 after that it was go left, go left.

Uncle Nick will be pissed, pays 2 million to get Cronk to win a Premiership for him and the bugger gets injured in the penultimate game!!

Uncle Nick will be pissed, pays 2 million to get Cronk to win a Premiership for him and the bugger gets injured in the penultimate game!!

There was an interesting comment on that from Gus last night on Nein. He said that Cronk had been brought in to win them a premiership because they didn't have that premiership winning half who could get them over the line.

Are they admitting that the Chooks were virtually handed 2013 and that Pearce wasn't seen as a real premiership winner?

Judging by the jersey era , looks like this caption was pre 1970 "s . Beetson is in a old Balmain jersey, Bozo and Bill in Manly jerseys , Looks like John Raper but don 't recognize his jersey [ neither Balmain or Manly ] Could well be Moses as the other dude , maybe in an old Souths jersey . Maybe some of the players were super imposed on the photo and it may have been some type of a promotional caption or something of this nature . Raper never played for Manly and of course also big Artie
I dont think it is Moses

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ho...s-created-touch-football-20150218-13hrvc.html

On the night of February 9, 1968, premiers South Sydney hosted rugby league's first touch football tournament at Redfern Oval.

Only two Sydney teams did not participate – Wests were probably still at Lidcombe's Railway Hotel and the Bulldogs were a no-show.

Jack Gibson was the coach of the Roosters, Dave Bolton was in the Balmain team, Dick Thornett and Barry Rushworth ran out for the Eels, as did Barry Beath and Dick Huddart for the Dragons, while the Sea Eagles fielded a strong team, including Bob Fulton, Frank Stanton, Denis Ward and Fred Jones.

South Sydney paraded the pride of their 1967 premiership team, coached by Clive Churchill – John Sattler, Ron Coote, Bob McCarthy, Ivan Jones, Jim Lisle, Bobby Honan and Brian James.

images

Looks like Kevin Ryan in the Artie photo

Also explains the short sleeved Manly jersey on Bozo

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10