1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'almost' try

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Napper, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Off the kick off. How good did that look. If snake was half a second later it would have been try of the season.

This years set plays have been alot different than we saw under Hasler. Also, 8 tries and only 1 from a kick!! Bring on the finals!!

2. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Off the kick off. How good did that look. If snake was half a second later it would have been try of the season.

This years set plays have been alot different than we saw under Hasler. Also, 8 tries and only 1 from a kick!! Bring on the finals!!

3. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +831 / 10
    You're spot on!

Big wrap too for Kitie grubber kick & pass to put Killer in for the TRY.

4. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +831 / 10
    You're spot on!

Big wrap too for Kitie grubber kick & pass to put Killer in for the TRY.

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Yes if Kiteys foot was half a second earlier then try time.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Yes if Kiteys foot was half a second earlier then try time.

7. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Kite is an adequate backup 5/8, he's been doing it all year but it's finally paying off and I don't cringe as much when i see him as 2nd receiver in the middle of the field.

8. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    Kite is an adequate backup 5/8, he's been doing it all year but it's finally paying off and I don't cringe as much when i see him as 2nd receiver in the middle of the field.

9. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Kitie is looking likely to rewrite the job description of all bookends. Able to run straight at them, chime in a crossfield move with a quick pass, capable of a slipped ball when pulling in defenders, throwing the long pass to a winger and now the short grubber and regather. Coaches everywhere will be questioning the value they get from their props after watching our tapes. :)

10. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Kitie is looking likely to rewrite the job description of all bookends. Able to run straight at them, chime in a crossfield move with a quick pass, capable of a slipped ball when pulling in defenders, throwing the long pass to a winger and now the short grubber and regather. Coaches everywhere will be questioning the value they get from their props after watching our tapes. :)

11. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Kitey is havin a Killer of a year - that try would have been a just reward:rolleyes:

GRose was also twirling like Chez in the second half, on those weary legs:rolleyes:

Nood staying on inspite of being KOd, had me hoping that he would start grubber kicking like he did in the Battle of Brookie:p

Choc hobbling around, yet masquerading as a fearsome Centre was also above and beyond his job description.:rolleyes:

We are so blessed to have such a talented and commited team of Manly Champions:angel:

12. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Kitey is havin a Killer of a year - that try would have been a just reward:rolleyes:

GRose was also twirling like Chez in the second half, on those weary legs:rolleyes:

Nood staying on inspite of being KOd, had me hoping that he would start grubber kicking like he did in the Battle of Brookie:p

Choc hobbling around, yet masquerading as a fearsome Centre was also above and beyond his job description.:rolleyes:

We are so blessed to have such a talented and commited team of Manly Champions:angel:

13. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    I'm anti the video ref, but from what I could see from the hill yesterday he got every decision right, including the Kite knock-on.

14. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,846 / 103
    I'm anti the video ref, but from what I could see from the hill yesterday he got every decision right, including the Kite knock-on.

15. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    Kite did knock on but I thought some of the commentators were harsh suggesting he actually dropped the ball before trying to kick it. For mine he definitely was trying to do a grubber.

16. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    Kite did knock on but I thought some of the commentators were harsh suggesting he actually dropped the ball before trying to kick it. For mine he definitely was trying to do a grubber.

17. rosco

rosco Active Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Could someone clarify this rule.
    If Kite deliberately let go of the ball to kick it (which it looked like he was doing) is it a knock on if it hits the ground a split second before he kicks it?
    The obvious question then is why aren't drop kicks ruled knock ons?

18. rosco

rosco Active Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Could someone clarify this rule.
    If Kite deliberately let go of the ball to kick it (which it looked like he was doing) is it a knock on if it hits the ground a split second before he kicks it?
    The obvious question then is why aren't drop kicks ruled knock ons?

19. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    I think he meant to kick it, but he didn't mean to drop kick it - that's why it was a knock on. If he meant to drop kick it then it wouldn't have been a knock on.

20. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    I think he meant to kick it, but he didn't mean to drop kick it - that's why it was a knock on. If he meant to drop kick it then it wouldn't have been a knock on.