The 2011 thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
Well i think im not alone in thinking we don't have a chance of winning next week even if we do make it so lets concentrate on next year. We will still be sporting a rookie 7 with Foran adding another year of experience. We are all hopeful Snake will be back and have a positive outcome to the court case.

I think we need to change a few things and perhaps start blooding our young guns like Oldfield, Hoppa and Whare. I also wish we had of kept JWH and Tasi. Our forward pack has so many rep players but they look a little burnt out and we don't really have many young props to blood.

Anyway hopefully we don't make the finals as that may be the kick in the ass our team needs, it kills me to say that btw  :(

torana355 link said:
Well i think im not alone in thinking we don't have a chance of winning next week even if we do make it so lets concentrate on next year. We will still be sporting a rookie 7 with Foran adding another year of experience. We are all hopeful Snake will be back and have a positive outcome to the court case.

I think we need to change a few things and perhaps start blooding our young guns like Oldfield, Hoppa and Whare. I also wish we had of kept JWH and Tasi. Our forward pack has so many rep players but they look a little burnt out and we don't really have many young props to blood.

Anyway hopefully we don't make the finals as that may be the kick in the ass our team needs, it kills me to say that btw  :(

I was thinking the same thing, maybe not making the 8 will give them a bit more desire next year.
It is all up to the rabbits now.

At least if we make next weekend then Gift Matai and King will serve 1 week more from their suspensions. Bailey I hope they suspend him for 12 months.

I am one who is really keen to see Cherry Evans having a run, but I could actually live with this to start our season

Stewart
Robertson
Matai
Farrar
Williams (either one)
Lyon
Foran

I know we are moving Lyon out of position, but he is still class in the 6 as well, and Farrar has shown some class this season. Obviously this is dependent on Farrar staying. It saves the problem of 2 rookie halves for a whole season again

It was actually our plan with a fully fit squad for round 1 this season as well

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I am one who is really keen to see Cherry Evans having a run, but I could actually live with this to start our season

Stewart
Robertson
Matai
Farrar
Williams (either one)
Lyon
Foran

I know we are moving Lyon out of position, but he is still class in the 6 as well, and Farrar has shown some class this season. Obviously this is dependent on Farrar staying. It saves the problem of 2 rookie halves for a whole season again

It was actually our plan with a fully fit squad for round 1 this season as well

Yeah im looking forward to seeing how DCE goes along with the rest of the team. I think this just wasn't our year and it was like that from the first game where Snake was injured. I still remain positive about 2011 but a few changes may be needed.

My Team for 2011 would be:

1. Hoppa (A Summer of Bulking up will help)
2. Robbo - Slow, but still a good finisher
3. Jamie - The best in the world
4. Matai - Intimidating
5. Wolfman - Test quality at his best
6. Snake - Good ball player & a sound kicking game (ala Lockyer who was a fullback)
7. Foran - Solid
8. King - Needs to step up
9. Ballin - A great Hooker
10. Kite - Needs to step up
11. Choc - Needs to learn how to hold the ball & stop giving penalties
12. Rodney - Mr Reliable, a great player
13. Glen - Needs an attitude adjustment, but can recapture his form if Brett gets off
14. T-Rex - needs to move into forwards as an impact player
15. George - Train him hard & keep him away from Maccas
16. Joe G / Cross - interchange workhorse
17. DCE - Young, quick and great utility value

Bailey should be sent elsewhere, I don't care where and Buhrer, Lussick, Whare & others can be brought through as opportunities arise. I have assumed Perry & Farrar are going to England.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8